Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Level restriction needs to return

  1. #41
    Senior Member Waug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,809
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 493 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Ppl really don't read carefully it's not about dis-balance or something like that at all, it's a different aspect that gone *wuuuhhuuash* above head, nvm if I need to explain, ima make a long thread instead.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    alterra
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Space Time Studios Did This All For Reason To Make Money And How The Gonna MAke Money DING DING DING .......Taking Away The PvP Restrictions= Chances That People Will Spend Money On Plat Elixrs Or Xp Packs To Cap Quicker Because A Very Long Grind Without 3x combo .......
    BUT.....I TOTALLY AGREE WITH CINCO Even Though I loved Back When Twink Pvp And 35 Wasnt So Hectic And More Active And Although This Update Did Ruin Low Level Pvping You Do Always Have The Choice To Host A Game Hence Why Cinco Also Added The Host Stays Host Addon Or Even Better Yet If You Gonna Cry About It So Much You Can Always Make Locked Games Lol Not Trying To Diss The Twinks But Waug IS Right All You Do In Twink Is Spam Very Little Skills :3

    ){[ The First Cop Fox Of PL ]}( ){[ Editor ]}( ){[ Retired Competitive Player ]}(
    No I Am Not A Try Hard Player Im Just More Strategic Then You So Dont Cry :3

  3. #43
    Forum Adept Congeniality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Taco Legends
    Posts
    444
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 156 Times in 111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post
    Space Time Studios Did This All For Reason To Make Money And How The Gonna MAke Money DING DING DING .......Taking Away The PvP Restrictions= Chances That People Will Spend Money On Plat Elixrs Or Xp Packs To Cap Quicker Because A Very Long Grind Without 3x combo .......
    BUT.....I TOTALLY AGREE WITH CINCO Even Though I loved Back When Twink Pvp And 35 Wasnt So Hectic And More Active And Although This Update Did Ruin Low Level Pvping You Do Always Have The Choice To Host A Game Hence Why Cinco Also Added The Host Stays Host Addon Or Even Better Yet If You Gonna Cry About It So Much You Can Always Make Locked Games Lol Not Trying To Diss The Twinks But Waug IS Right All You Do In Twink Is Spam Very Little Skills :3
    Voilą!
    in View, a humble Vaudevillian Veteran, cast Vicariously as both Victim and Villain by the Vicissitudes of Fate. This Visage, no mere Veneer of Vanity, is a Vestige of the Vox populi, now Vacant, Vanished. However, this Valorous Visitation of a bygone Vexation stands Vivified, and has Vowed to Vanquish these Venal and Virulent Vermin Vanguarding Vice and Vouchsafing the Violently Vicious and Voracious Violation of Volition!
    The only Verdict is Vengeance-- a Vendetta, held as a Votive-- not in Vain, for the Value and Veracity of such shall one day Vindicate the Vigilant and the Virtuous.
    chuckles
    Verily, this Vichyssoise of Verbiage Veers most Verbose, so let me simply add that it's my Very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V.

    Whoever knows which movie this is from is amazing

  4. #44
    Member Vapourised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The worst thing is that all sets below lvl 100 are basically devalued which makes it harder to afford the endgame sets and thus go endgame.

  5. #45
    Junior Member MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Elysian Castle!
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    On top of that with everyone in zones higher than 80 with their pets, how are new players supposed to level up? Or get rich. Nobody buys items anymore because they are useless since PvP restriction are gone so while these newer players grind and grind how will they manage? Hands For Help are busy capping and PvP is in 100. They need to return PvP restrictions because it's not just PvP that's getting hurt, it's the entirety of the game in general.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 07-25-2017 at 03:27 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:


  7. #46
    Senior Member Boiled_35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Forest Haven
    Posts
    1,735
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 94 Times in 81 Posts

    Default

    lmfao


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    [B] PL- MAINS: Boiled

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boiled_35 For This Useful Post:


  9. #47
    Forum Adept 3pc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Flexin on some hoes
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boiled_35 View Post
    lmfao


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lel tim is alive

  10. #48
    Luminary Poster Suentous PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Punk in drublic
    Posts
    5,359
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 2,359 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Voilą!
    in View, a humble Vaudevillian Veteran, cast Vicariously as both Victim and Villain by the Vicissitudes of Fate. This Visage, no mere Veneer of Vanity, is a Vestige of the Vox populi, now Vacant, Vanished. However, this Valorous Visitation of a bygone Vexation stands Vivified, and has Vowed to Vanquish these Venal and Virulent Vermin Vanguarding Vice and Vouchsafing the Violently Vicious and Voracious Violation of Volition!
    The only Verdict is Vengeance-- a Vendetta, held as a Votive-- not in Vain, for the Value and Veracity of such shall one day Vindicate the Vigilant and the Virtuous.
    chuckles
    Verily, this Vichyssoise of Verbiage Veers most Verbose, so let me simply add that it's my Very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V.

    Whoever knows which movie this is from is amazing

    Don't ever call a graphic novel from the great Allan more a mere "movie"
    \m/,___(-. - ')____,\m/
    defend Kekistan! - No I won't watch or sub ur youtube channel.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:


  12. #49
    Forum Adept Congeniality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Taco Legends
    Posts
    444
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 156 Times in 111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Don't ever call a graphic novel from the great Allan more a mere "movie"
    Thank you @11

  13. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    "For starters"
    That sounds appealing on pen and paper. Starters do start on lower level AND WHAT DO THEY GET - the SAME THING THAT current twinkers getting from high levels at current situation, bully.

    Without getting into much indeapth. These kinda games don't get much popularity on competitive gaming aspect. You need much more fairer environment to become a popular competitive game. If it's exploitable, people gonna exploit.
    Wow waug said something i agree with...
    Alot of these "twinks" use friends and founders helms to bully people. Now that the people they bullied in the past leveled up like normal players and the tables have turned in their favor the "twinks" wanna cry about it.

    That being said i think level restrictions do need put back in place. Many people are using low levels as spot holders on a separate device so they can boost anyone that joins with a 3v2 or 2v1 advantage. Then when you wise up and or get help theu boot... pretty much just 1 guild doing it. Waug don't you help with this? I could have sworn i had to 2v3 you amd your buddies yesterday while you had a 87 hold a spot my team? Is this why you don't want the returning of the level restrictions? You might lose yo5ir spot holders?

  14. #51
    Member Vapourised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Idk why the restrictions aren't back yet. It's just hitting the undo button or something. Not like they're losing anything or even money for that matter since most ppl(potential buyers) quitted.

  15. #52
    Senior Member Waug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,809
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 493 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    ..... pretty much just 1 guild doing it. Waug don't you help with this? I could have sworn i had to 2v3 you amd your buddies yesterday while you had a 87 hold a spot my team? Is this why you don't want the returning of the level restrictions? You might lose yo5ir spot holders?
    To understand that what I want, needs a pretty much broad and open mind than this, which I don't expect mostly here.

    But to know what I expect, I'm going to tell a little story of a common pvp-er who said 'wow teamers' in a 2-2 fight who got cornered by 2 opponents while his mate couldn't reach to him but just before few seconds of all of this he was teaming one of his opponent since last half an hour in a 2-1 for the first time.

    Well this is what I expect and this is what the community is, the people who blame 'rush', 'team' are the biggest hypocrites. "Pretty much just one guild doing it" sounds nothing more than a adorable child. Peoples are opportunitist, they forget it when they 'rush', 'team' others /low levels/ weak/ new, because it was 'enjoyable' but they remember when they get so, because it was hard time 'raging', the memory part of the brain get activated hard also because they have to take revenge for it, gonna make stories about it and share it to frmds guilds etc to get help.

    IM NOT BLAMING SOMEONE, mark it, because IF IT'S EXPLOTAIBLE, people gonna exploit it and to stop that the game system have to have much more fair environment than pl ever had. Newgen competitive games have a lot more to offer, you have to play if u join, there are panelties, much more which I'm not in a mood to talk in detail here.

    Other than the one hit kills by higher lvls, it was kinda same more or less ALWAYS, bullying by a team /higher levels etc, people got used to it and using that experience to tackle the situation rush weak/ new comers and be frnd with existing 'pro' player base and some time riveling with other 'pro' enemies.

    I'm not supporting anything, rather just showing a mirror neither I suggest to change all these to much more fair environment BECAUSE that not gonna happen here in old pl but I'd expect that in new 'competetive' game from sts.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-30-2017 at 12:54 PM.

  16. #53
    Junior Member MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Elysian Castle!
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    People fail to realize so much stuff. Like how did StS think no restrictions was compatible with PvP? This isn't a shooting game where everyone has an equal footing to kill each other. We have levels in this and each level gives better gear and higher stats than the next. By removing PvP restrictions everything under 99 is irrelevant because they don't mean anything anymore. Might as well delete all the work you've done since this game came out because they are no longer relevant in anyway. New players can't level up by themselves and that's what guilds like hands for help and epic impact was for. Yet they are mostly doing their thing in L.100. Prices are extremely low so what ever newer players farm won't get them any gold. PvP wise is even worse. As i stated before I'll state again. Boot doesn't work. By the time you done booting the match will be either over or everyone left out of boredom. Hosting doesn't work because humans are not Gods with omniscience to know everyone who still PvPs in those zones. Inviting friends will get boring so GG. "Go to L.100" as i stated again these L.100s do a better job at killing lower zones to boost their irrelevant KD(as if KD means anything when you still get 10-1ed on a daily basis) then they do at fighting their own level. Now I'm not gonna call this noob out over forum but boy let me tell you something about this dude. I was enjoying PvP in 56 and watching one of my guildmates fight. This dude kills me. I let that slide (Big mistake) he kills me again i gave him a warning with my catchphrase of Godhood "Do you mind?" He said no then killed me again. I grab my 100 he drops. Found him again then complained about me being L.100 and left. So what was the point of making a L.100 if the people you are supposed to be fighting just leaves the minute they see you? You can kill someone that's 44 levels under you but do not have the common courtesy to fight their L.100 who is the same level? It's like from my perspective nigh everyone boosts in L.100 and only a few would stay to fight that players L.100. When we are in our zones PvPing these level 100s like to remove some of their armor and say go. Just ignore the L.10 buffs. Ignore the L.10 100 rage buff. You should win right? WRONG. We die each time. Now i know some people might reply raging at this but honestly i really don't care I'm just stating the facts. The excuse people was complaining about the 5 level restrictions this and that, it's a lie because half the time people also had the same levels. People complain about rushing is irrelevant and should've always been ignored. Same with teaming. Until PvP restrictions go back to 5 this game damaged.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 07-30-2017 at 02:12 PM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:


  18. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    I already knew +-2 level restr was gonna cause people to be unhappy so I opposed the idea of touching the pvp level restrictions. Removing all restrictions is a different thing though, removing them is not necessarily that bad of an idea - the problem lies in the state of the game where devs left it. Having the game be focused on endgame isn't a bad idea, it's actually quite good, but the problem is that the game is a mess and people can't reach endgame. Again, I have to bring it up once more, lvling, You NEED a pet to level up, and as a poor player there's no way to buy a pet, mind you, you can't even buy a pet with platinum either if you don't havea lvl 80 character already to access oktal. Honestly, there's no realistic way to make money either if the player has like 300k unless he/she is super determined to level up and grind 5-10 hours a day (and the process is really depressing with empty pve dungeons). Even after the player reaches endgame its a pain without a pet. While it's possible to merch your way up for a latko,it is extremely hard and requires a great deal of knowledge about the market and even then if you manage to buy a latko you will still have to level up to 73 if you don't buy platinum for an all access elixir

    >it's ok to focus on endgame and remove pvp restrictions, but in order for it to work and not have ppl unsatisfied like they clearly are, new/weaker player must be helped. If this was the case I believe endgame would be very active and newer players would be motivated to level up and they wouldn't dwell on old times and I don't think they would even have the need to low lvl pvp. Right now there are a lot of players that would have enough gold to low lvl pvp, but don't have enough gold for pets and time/will to lvl up to endgame leaving them nothing to do in this game..


    Still waiting for this update.
    Last edited by Blyzzor; 07-30-2017 at 02:15 PM.

  19. #55
    Senior Member Waug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,809
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 493 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    People fail to realize so much stuff. Like how did StS think no restrictions was compatible with PvP? This isn't a shooting game where everyone has an equal footing to kill each other. We have levels in this and each level gives better gear and higher stats than the next. By removing PvP restrictions everything under 99 is irrelevant because they don't mean anything anymore. Might as well delete all the work you've done since this game came out because they are no longer relevant in anyway. New players can't level up by themselves and that's what guilds like hands for help and epic impact was for. Yet they are mostly doing their thing in L.100. Prices are extremely low so what ever newer players farm won't get them any gold. PvP wise is even worse. As i stated before I'll state again. Boot doesn't work. By the time you done booting the match will be either over or everyone left out of boredom. Hosting doesn't work because humans are not Gods with omniscience to know everyone who still PvPs in those zones. Inviting friends will get boring so GG. "Go to L.100" as i stated again these L.100s do a better job at killing lower zones to boost their irrelevant KD(as if KD means anything when you still get 10-1ed on a daily basis) then they do at fighting their own level. Now I'm not gonna call this noob out over forum but boy let me tell you something about this dude. I was enjoying PvP in 56 and watching one of my guildmates fight. This dude kills me. I let that slide (Big mistake) he kills me again i gave him a warning with my catchphrase of Godhood "Do you mind?" He said no then killed me again. I grab my 100 he drops. Found him again then complained about me being L.100 and left. So what was the point of making a L.100 if the people you are supposed to be fighting just leaves the minute they see you? You can kill someone that's 44 levels under you but do not have the common courtesy to fight their L.100 who is the same level? It's like from my perspective nigh everyone boosts in L.100 and only a few would stay to fight that players L.100. When we are in our zones PvPing these level 100s like to remove some of their armor and say go. Just ignore the L.10 buffs. Ignore the L.10 100 rage buff. You should win right? WRONG. We die each time. Now i know some people might reply raging at this but honestly i really don't care I'm just stating the facts. The excuse people was complaining about the 5 level restrictions this and that, it's a lie because half the time people also had the same levels. People complain about rushing is irrelevant and should've always been ignored. Same with teaming. Until PvP restrictions go back to 5 this game damaged.
    "People fail to realize so much stuff" - and then put together everything limited to PL PvP environment, that's kinda funny.

    5 level high and 3vs 1/2 is a lie for sure because, as I already said that how people used to it cause that's how they started and played for long. They don't care that each time a newcomer come to arena is teamed by 3 and bullied by 2 more from his own team mate via text with the excuse rusher or noob. Do you expect that those players to come forums and complain that the pvp is not 'fair' or either stick to pve or simply just UNISTALL PL and find a 'better' game on the stores, even if a very few come to forum and complain about this, he would get humiliated by the 'pro' forum community.

    You're actually talking about a stable existing player base, who are more or less happy saying 'go' to each other 'pro' pvers and farm 'newgens', but that actually not EVERYTHING, it's hard truth and undeniable fact that the new comers that they made and making 'rage quit' everyday from pvp and likely from the game is pretty much huge and higher in number. So may I ask you a question? was this a 'fair' twinking, majority wins and to a majority it WAS NEVER 'FAIR' you people were happy with it, who were the exploiters MOSTLY, not to blame each and every person here. Also it's a fact that the density of newcomers to pvp is way much more higher in low levels because people try to do pvp pretty soon after they started playing PL.

    Don't compare such competitive game with a shooting game cause that's far away, if you need to compare with then do it with MOBA because that's pretty much close and that's the popular zoner of competitive game, for a competitive game to thrive there should be much more fair environment than that PL ever had, that's also maybe a reason that PL PVP was never reached to it's fullest potential, nothing to blame on players, system have to be much more fair for all. You've to play a match if you entered, if afk there's penalty, if left even got dc there's penalty, if you loose, your kdr shows loosing a match unlike PL, where you don't carry the match win/loose number only kill/death so people exploited accordingly. Joined a match and staying afk while it's 3-2/1 because they don't need to care and so on.

    But all that doesn't means that removing pvp join level restriction is the solution neither it's fair, if you're trying to justify how that's NOT fair, then I didn't say it's 'fair' in the first place EVER. There's a whole different aspect of doing this change unlike most of the people that thinks that it's to generate more money bringing twinkers to come endgame, it's complex than that.

    The second aspect and the real reason - PvP had to go through changes, pretty glad that it happened, but it was not possible to do that to all levels. Don't take that as 'possible or not' take that like gain/work ratio is extremely low. But it's way much better to work on a particular level which is most popular of all, also where atleast there can be some gain through level cap raise/new items etc. Also there was lack of factual feedbacks and proper suggestions rather than threads like this 'wow sts ruined twink by manipulating dodge' etc. THAT'S THE MAIN REASONS that cinco decided to bring all the juice into one place. The real solution is NOT to kick / private games etc, the real solution is to come endgame and take part in that, as stated by cinco himself before 100 CAP update that there can be more pvp tweaks after cap 100.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-30-2017 at 11:57 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:


  21. #56
    Junior Member MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Elysian Castle!
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Only gonna reply to second reasoning since everything i'd reply to for the first would be meaningless to the second. But isn't that his JOB to do that? Is that not what he's supposed to do? Balance PvP in general. ALL ZONES. But instead try to force us(who already have mains) into a zone we don't even like. So Cinco couldn't just drop the dodge statistic on armors? Why ruin PvP in general. There is nothing and i mean NOTHING that makes L.100 a better zone than 61. Why? It's my opinion. It's a zone i like compared a zone I'm starting to hate already. "Wow sts ruined twink by manipulating dodge." That's his job to read this and correct the zone whether it was a forum complaint or a feedback on what to do. If the entire zone agreed that dodge was op in 40 then thats what needs to be changed, not completely decimate the game by giving us something to complain about even harder. I disagree with this update because it ruined the foundation of PvP. For the last what 4 years? Everything has been about endgame. Now they are forcing us into it. You can say they are not forcing us into endgame because the solutions given to us boot, host, and private match, doesn't work. We host a game and not 3 seconds later a L.100 will show up and after that a full team. We boot them then 2 things gonna happen. Either they show up with their other toons to boost or a new wave of L.100s will show up. Now what? By the time you finished booting the game will be either over or you have to go. Once the game restarts then GG good luck booting the next 5 waves of 100s again. Private matches is obviously out of the question because we will be fighting the same people every day and nobody wants that. But you know what solutions does work? Leveling to 100. Then what? PvP? We don't want to PvP here. I know i don't. So what now? PvE? That gets boring. Soo what other options left? Quit the game. That is what we are seeing in PL right.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 07-31-2017 at 11:45 AM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:


  23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #57
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 397 Posts

    Default

    I recommend the end game.

    *(Yes) This is all I have to say on the matter.
    | | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Reset the Level Join Restriction back to +5/-5
    By Shinepin in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-08-2017, 01:56 PM
  2. Class restriction in PvP
    By Breakingbadxx in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 06:34 AM
  3. The New Trading Restriction
    By pewpewlazur in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 08:28 AM
  4. Request for a level restriction option when setting up campaigns
    By Huzzah in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM
  5. Any level restriction for this game?
    By kevintr912 in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 04:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •