Thread: star legends contest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default star legends contest

Hello fellow star legends players
    On behalf of koc I would like to start a contest since we have been having bickering between guilds I though if would be good to promote guild relations here is what I propose
    This contest will be a timed run we will do a full clear run of the guardian stage there will be three players per team one op one engi and one commando but here is the twist each character must be from a different guild so get out there and mingle with some other guilds and meet some new people the deadline for sign up will be on Thursday at 1200 central time I will be taking the first five teams that post as for prizes I will see what I can scrounge up any donations will be accepted please feel free to pm me my ign on star legends is beyonce harlequin and nexus thank u all for reading and let's have some fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Hey roufus, was this idea passed by Skav or Eb? Or KoC in general? If not it would have possibly been more of a hit atm I have seen 60 people and not one comment.

Believe the idea has potential, reminds me of a previous contest by 'The wicked' except the 'Twist'.

When putting something like this or any contest together here are a few pointers;

First of all, an Eye Catching Name for the thread this could pass by without anyone taking an interest.

Needs to look good! (Presentation wise) At the moment its one block of text and im sure not many has read it fully because if this. Could have pictures or just added colour or format in general to stand out.

Worded correctly so that people do not see this as a dig etc.

Need to give clear guidelines of what this will entail.

Need to have the Prizes for this planned out and not just hope that others will donate to make this a success or a fail if they do not. (A massive indicator and insensitive for players to even consider this)

Clear deadlines when it will start as you have, how long this will last and also how many contestants you are willing to let participate.

Pretty much what im trying to say is that, if this had been put through the proper procedures above im sure there would have been a number of players interested and willing to donate etc.

One of your best bets would have been taking a look at Eb's Race Contest or Rodvik's Halloween contest etc. (searchbar 'contest')

Hope you seen this as constructive criticism and not a troll or flame post.

And also good luck! I do hope its a success as your heart is in the right place! The 'Twist' is the best thing about this contest as in some cases not all there is bickering we know this but not all so may want to word a little different.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-15-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I would love it to be all fancy looking and all that but I don't have the know how to do all that so feel free to help out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

I like this idea. Bod,we gotta find cascade and time our run :P

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Basics with code

Bold ~ Highlight text click B icon or type (B)<msg>(/B) *Changing () to []*

Italic ~ Highlight text click I icon or type (I)(/I)

Underline ~ Highlight text click U or (U)(/U)

Center ~ (CENTER)(/CENTER)

Left ~ (LEFT)(/LEFT)

Right ~ (RIGHT)(/RIGHT)

Size 1 ~ (SIZE=*)(/SIZE) Size 1 Size 2 Size 3 Size 4 Size 5

* Change to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.

There's alot more of these but im not going to list them unless you need me too, colours, bullet points, number points etc

P.S. Edit your first post and have a go of some of the above
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-15-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    I like this idea. Bod,we gotta find cascade and time our run :P
    Hehe lets do this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bodmaster View Post
    hey roufus, was this idea passed by skav or eb? Or koc in general? If not it would have possibly been more of a hit atm i have seen 60 people and not one comment.

Believe the idea has potential, reminds me of a previous contest by 'the wicked' except the 'twist'.

When putting something like this or any contest together here are a few pointers;

first of all, an eye catching name for the thread this could pass by without anyone taking an interest.

Needs to look good! (presentation wise) at the moment its one block of text and im sure not many has read it fully because if this. Could have pictures or just added colour or format in general to stand out.

Worded correctly so that people do not see this as a dig etc.

Need to give clear guidelines of what this will entail.

Need to have the prizes for this planned out and not just hope that others will donate to make this a success or a fail if they do not. (a massive indicator and insensitive for players to even consider this)

clear deadlines when it will start as you have, how long this will last and also how many contestants you are willing to let participate.

Pretty much what im trying to say is that, if this had been put through the proper procedures above im sure there would have been a number of players interested and willing to donate etc.

One of your best bets would have been taking a look at eb's race contest or rodvik's halloween contest etc. (searchbar 'contest')

hope you seen this as constructive criticism and not a troll or flame post.

And also good luck! I do hope its a success as your heart is in the right place! The 'twist' is the best thing about this contest as in some cases not all there is bickering we know this but not all so may want to word a little different.

agree ....:....:...

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well thank you for your input now that the idea is out there please feel free to repost it is your manner just stick to the twist and keep to the point ty