Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Coal antennas for sale on Deal of the Day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Okay, so I have taken the time to highlight the sides of each argument. They are detailed below, just for clarification purposes.

I. Discontinued Items should not remain discontinued!
    -It allows new players not to feel left out and feel as though they don't have a chance.
    -Brings in more revenue for STS.
    -It puts everybody on the same playing field.
    -Not everybody buys them, those that want to can.
    -It allows players to get that one item that they were there for, but were too preoccupied to catch.

II. Discontinued Items should remain discontinued!
    -It insults older players if the items are once again sold.
    -The item is a memoir of the past, allowing players to reminisce of what once was.
    -It makes STS appear greedy, selling old items for a quick buck.
    -It tears down creativity.

My personal stance? Even after missing a few of the items which I was present for, I do not wish for them to be brought back. This game does not embody communism as far as I know, let's keep it as such. The vanities don't even serve a particular advantage over others, in fact some of them serve a disadvantage! Thus, let dead items rest in peace and be glad for the players that have them. I know I enjoy seeing items which I don't have and just respecting the players that have them. Just my 2 rupees though.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I don't really see how putting an item on a time limited (24 hour) acquire for Platinum (and not an insignificant amount) "gives that item to everyone". Sure, you'll see a few on the day of the sale and the days after as people show off their new acquisition, but that fades.
    Sam, with all due respect, usually in most MMOs it is traditional that discontinued items remain discontinued. I know it sucks for the players who missed them, but they can go on without them. I am saying this while missing a few halloween items that I didn't bother to collect during the day of the event. Deal of the day, while I buy them, I would rather not have the opportunity to. I appreciate the fact that you are allowing players to have a chance at the items, I really do, but sometimes missed opportunities really need to stay as a missed opportunities.
    +1
    My thought exactly!
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I guess the misconception here is that such things as antenna are not "Discontinued". They are "rarely used" items, or "hard to obtain", or "only likely to be had by 1) seeing a Dev in game who's giving those out 2) entering the contest where they are a reward for 3) getting them on the one day a year they are available on the deal of the day (if they are used as a deal of the day)"

Seems pretty rare and exclusive to me.

I know where you guys are coming from, and we do retire some items (the coming Halloween event will not have everything coming back, for example), but the Antennas are stuff we're going to re-use.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I guess the misconception here is that such things as antenna are not "Discontinued". They are "rarely used" items, or "hard to obtain", or "only likely to be had by 1) seeing a Dev in game who's giving those out 2) entering the contest where they are a reward for 3) getting them on the one day a year they are available on the deal of the day (if they are used as a deal of the day)"

I know where you guys are coming from, and we do retire some items (the coming Halloween event will not have everything coming back, for example), but the Antennas are stuff we're going to re-use.
    Allright, Sam. The only problem I had was with the Red Antennas and their description. "You were there". The deal of the day sort of defeats that description. If it, the description, changes, I'm perfectly content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Okay, this is the good news I was waiting for.

When you say it's mostly limited to antennae (the correct plural!) it somewhat assuages my worries that other items may lose their prestige too. Antennae were never my choice vanity anyways, but I'm glad to hear that items such as the Pumpkin Helm and vanity Witch Hat are safe.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post

Okay, this is the good news I was waiting for.

When you say it's mostly limited to antennae (the correct plural!) it somewhat assuages my worries that other items may lose their prestige too. Antennae were never my choice vanity anyways, but I'm glad to hear that items such as the Pumpkin Helm and vanity Witch Hat are safe.
    There not safe, there most likely going to be released again. Sam said some Halloween content will be new and some won't :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Hey, Sam! You won a medal for your great points! But they arnt discontinued, they are just hard to get and rare.
    DONT WORRY OTHERS! I will be selling Sam's medal in a 24 hour period!
    Now how do you feel, Sam?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I know where you guys are coming from, and we do retire some items (the coming Halloween event will not have
    everything coming back, for example), but the Antennas are stuff we're going to re-use.
    Big Luck was released three times. And you said the coming Halloween event will not have everything coming, are you kidding me? The upcoming halloween event should have NOTHING coming back! In a previous post, you said that STS never said holiday items would be exclusive. Pulling this out of the bag is just sad and deceitful. What were we supposed to think of them? That in a couple months time they would be sold for real money? Furthermore, you said you constantly asked the question, "how players can get old items". There's a simple answer for that; They just don't. If they are a TRUE fan and supporter, they would patiently play and wait untill the next event for their fair chance.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slush:450713

I know where you guys are coming from, and we do retire some items (the coming Halloween event will not have
    everything coming back, for example), but the Antennas are stuff we're going to re-use.
    Big Luck was released three times. And you said the coming Halloween event will not have everything coming, are you kidding me? The upcoming halloween event should have NOTHING coming back! In a previous post, you said that STS never said holiday items would be exclusive. Pulling this out of the bag is just sad and deceitful. What were we supposed to think of them? That in a couple months time they would be sold for real money? Furthermore, you said you constantly asked the question, "how players can get old items". There's a simple answer for that; They just don't. If they are a TRUE fan and supporter, they would patiently play and wait untill the next event for their fair chance.
    ++1 my exact opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

There's just no way to please everybody. It's impossible. So what's the next alternative? Please as many people as you can because we know everyone will never be completely happy.

The future is always around the corner. We may have a vision of what the game should offer and what not, but we cannot predict the future. We can try to help shape that, but who knows what's going to happen. Who knows what people will demand later on. It's a tough business I think. Especially when you give people a voice (which is a great thing!). Some games have no forum. Some games have no outlet for your opinions and frustration. Legends games do. Im quite sure your opinions are very legitimate and listened to. However, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and what more than just us forum members have to say about the whole thing.

I'm quite sure the last thing they want to do is upset loyal players by bringing some items back, but who knows what the demands are behind the scenes.

I may be alone in this but I am in love with Deal of the Day. In my eyes, it's completely fair. I haven't been in the game forever like some of you. What makes my opinion any less valid than someone who hates deal of the day? We all have equal opinions, they're just different.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 10-17-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Am I the only older player that is totally at piece with this issue? Maybe its just me, but I love the fact that they do things like the deal of the day.

It still amuses me that people get so upset over this.

Call me a fanboy or whatever, but: Thank you STS! You guys continuely work to make my little break from reality better. Keep up the good work!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I am also totally ambivalent about this entire issue. It's like when someone in real life is wearing the same T-shirt you are (and it's your favorite T-shirt). You just smile and say, "I like that shirt! You have great taste!" For me, there is a similar principle in PL.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    I am also totally ambivalent about this entire issue. It's like when someone in real life is wearing the same T-shirt you are (and it's your favorite T-shirt). You just smile and say, "I like that shirt! You have great taste!" For me, there is a similar principle in PL.
    So the world isn't like Mean Girls when they catch somebody wearing the same outfit as them, they tear them apart? OMG, 'tis a miracle!

JK, I see what you mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I see a few of the same people in this thread complaining about items being brought to the DotD, saying missed opportunities should remain as such...yet when level cap was going to be raised the same people complained about "missing the opportunity" to accuire the SoH..
    Hypocrisy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

That's something totally different vaffunculo.

If the released fang as to when they had planned to, then it would've meant that there was only one month to acquire 100,000 exp from an area that only gives 1 exp per kill. That works out to 3,333.333 exp per day, which takes up more time than some of us have.

On the other hand, bringing back items like coal antennae is giving everyone else the chance to acquire something that took the rest of us who actually did receive the item a while to receive. There was work involved for many of the items for sale, minus big luck and big love, those were plat bought. However some it es took hours of trying to find a dev or killing tons of *extremely* hard to kill snow men in order to receive that one item, and it's unfair to those of us who worked at it when it just goes up for sale and everyone can simply *buy* their way out of the hard work and into the exclusivity of the item.

Make sense?

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

How is this a surprise after the sell of big luck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    We're not god. Going against us wouldn't Deny you access to the pearly gates. Stop being so ignorant
    We're not Gods??? Thanks for bursting my bubble. Again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:451030
    That's something totally different vaffunculo.

If the released fang as to when they had planned to, then it would've meant that there was only one month to acquire 100,000 exp from an area that only gives 1 exp per kill. That works out to 3,333.333 exp per day, which takes up more time than some of us have.

On the other hand, bringing back items like coal antennae is giving everyone else the chance to acquire something that took the rest of us who actually did receive the item a while to receive. There was work involved for many of the items for sale, minus big luck and big love, those were plat bought. However some it es took hours of trying to find a dev or killing tons of *extremely* hard to kill snow men in order to receive that one item, and it's unfair to those of us who worked at it when it just goes up for sale and everyone can simply *buy* their way out of the hard work and into the exclusivity of the item.

Make sense?
    I don't really see the difference, lots of people are already 61 yet they held up patch because players complained there was not enough time to achieve 61 and get SoH..fair enough...now take other players who want a vanity that was only around a short time, why shouldn't they have a chance to get one too? Just like sts is delaying patch for those that didn't make cap in time they are releasing vanities for those that missed them during the short time they were available. It is exactly the same situation imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I love the chance to "pay" if I couldn't play! Thanks devs!! (old guy that has a life )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Because in one case players are having to work *extremely* hard for the reward while in the other case, players aren't having to work at all for the same reward that many other players had to work hard for to achieve.

-------AEO-------