Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Add a NPC that toggles the elite level

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lightbulb Add a NPC that toggles the elite level

Hey there folks,

after seeing some of the posts on the forum about people wanting to obtain the Crown of persistance, I think I have found a compromise to achieve that.
    Why not having a NPC in every city (from the sewers forward), that toggles the elite level (the player must enter a dialogue with the NPC and select the "toggle elite level" option to activate this feature).
    For example in the sewers the fallen prince will make the exp for level 56 to go to 80k. The elite level can gain experience only from the campaign it should be from.
    For example again in the sewers getting exp for the elite level 56 will be gained only by sewer levels and not above.
    This way if someone wants to get their price can still do it, and if he doesn't want it just skip the elite level (forbidding to get the actual elite level price) and take their time, without the anguish to rush it because a new level cap is coming.

What do you think?

Feedback delivered.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 10-15-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

+1
    this idea would be hard to input, but if it is, I think it would solve a lot of problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Smart idea and it can have option to go back to normal
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Simply, no. 56 was an elite level for a certain period of time, same as 61. It's not coming back, it's not being resurrected, the cop is done. Gone. Out. People need to stop bringing up this subject. Ps. This is coming from someone who did not get 56 and does not have a cop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adidaman View Post
    Simply, no. 56 was an elite level for a certain period of time, same as 61. It's not coming back, it's not being resurrected, the cop is done. Gone. Out. People need to stop bringing up this subject. Ps. This is coming from someone who did not get 56 and does not have a cop.
    Vanities are bringing brought back like a necromancer raising them from the dead, so I have no objections as far as that argument is concerned. I would love a toggling option

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

What would you do for the people who just hit 56 the regular way, and now want to do the elite level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    What would you do for the people who just hit 56 the regular way, and now want to do the elite level?
    This option must be toggled before hitting 56, otherwise it will retain the normal exp curve. Therefore those that have already hit 56, would not have the option to toggle the "elite cap" option. On another note, if you reset your char (go back to level 1) and level back to 55, then the option would be there awaiting to be actived

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Considering I suggested this last month I still like it!....lol

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Having 3 crowns myself IDC what happens really.... IMO whats done is done and people that had the chance to get the COP should have made the extra effort to get it! People that didnt have the chance.... honestly when it comes down to it, LIFE GOES ON The Rolling Stones said it best "You cant always get what you want"!

Now, With that said!! I present you with....................

BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!!!
    As new players reach levels in which achievements were awarded (ie: 55-56 & 60-61) let them choose wether or not they want to pursue that achievement by requiring them to get the 83k & 103k XP or skip it and continue to level up!! This is great on so many levels because NOT only can they say they earned it and still have a chance for new vanity set bonus. But, it also puts MORE MONEY into STS pockets because i doubt they are going to wanna make these runs from 55 to 56 without plat elixers??

What are your thoughts on this???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adidaman View Post
    This is coming from someone who did not get 56 and does not have a cop.
    And this suggestion is coming from someone who grinded to 56 when the elite cap was up. I was just addressing a problem that come back every once in a mont. This could be a viable way to solve the issue IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nice idea as for people that Hit 56 already simply go to the NPC again and hit Hardcore 56 and bam your no longer 57 but 56 with what ever Exp u had when you were 57 or how long it took to get to 57 or just restart the whole thing fresh from 56......

+1

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Also a viable way, but I would permit to go from 57 to 56. The maximum would be 56 and if you select the option it will reset the exp to 0 and change the traget to 10X

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I'm not sure such a change would work. Say the level cap is 66. It is much easier to grind the xp if you have some lvl 66 friends mowing mobs down and power leveling you through the 56 elite level to your CoP. At the end of the day, I think the team is good with saying people who did it when it was the level cap and those who were not around can not get it anymore.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

^^ that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I'm not sure such a change would work. Say the level cap is 66. It is much easier to grind the xp if you have some lvl 66 friends mowing mobs down and power leveling you through the 56 elite level to your CoP. At the end of the day, I think the team is good with saying people who did it when it was the level cap and those who were not around can not get it anymore.
    Good point Sam I guess I didn't consider this as I haven't stepped foot in sewers since Nuri's.....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Indeed very valid point. It wouldn't be half as hard. When most of us (me and my in game friends) started the grind to 56, there weren't even 4x pots around yet (3x max). And, on top of that, using plat for elix wasn't as common and widespread as it is now. It would definitely make the grind to 56 a lot less challenging as compared to when the cap was 56.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Actually I don't see the problem, but oh well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:448916
    Reread this reply if you can't see the problem.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

How bout an elite lvl cap for forest have like 20k xp and u get some vanity that would be for all the lvl 10-13 extreme twinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vaffunculo View Post
    Reread this reply if you can't see the problem.
    Reread, still the same. Anyway I don't see my suggestion to go through anyway. So it's ok.

P.S. You know you have an offensive name?

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I suggested the option awhile back. Considering Sams point I can see how it is less difficult to accomplish wit the help of friends. However, friends helping friends is a vital part of the game regardless and the plat purchased and spent will really boost sales. Not to mention, even if higher levels help in the dungeon I am sure, as it is now, people will common goals will be the ones potting. To reword that lol, other elite lvl questers will be potting to achieve more commonly than higher levels trying to help friends. More potters = more plat = more revenue.
    I for one would delete my two chars to grind to 56 / 61 for the vanity bonus. My bird n bear were just 55 now only 60. If I,had the option like many others id get the crown n shield.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation