Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guide: Reputation system

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Default Guide: Reputation system v1.4.1

So here is a guide to using the reputation system (online full site only):

There are now new options below each post which are (listed from left to right) Thanks, Add to user's reputation and Report post. Each one has a specific function and can affect the user's rep differently:

First off is thanks, with this function you have your name placed at the bottom of the post for all to see that you thanked it. It's useful if you want to join someone's cause and basically this functions as a petition of sorts. Using this system will add +2 rep points to the user. You can only give a max of 5 of these out per day, once you have reached your daily limit the Thanks button will be removed. *It is important to note that you can remove any thanks that you have given when using the thanks system:

Second is adding to user's reputation or the approval and disapproval system. This system is anonymous and you can add to or remove from a user's rep (+ or -) without having your name displayed below the post, the user won't know you added/subtracted from them either:

There are checks in place to ensure that you don't keep giving rep to the same users over and over, in other words you must spread the wealth, before you can +/- the same person again you must add/sub rep to 20 other users. There is also a limit of 5 of these every 24 hour period. *It is important to note that you cannot revoke anything when using the approve/disapprove system, nor double up on a single post:

Finally, is the report post function, which is the red triangle icon located on the far right of the post utilities bar. This is reserved for spam, those annoying advertising messages and the all encompassing problematic post; examples include posts that are deemed as harassment, fighting or rude:

In order to view your reputation status, reputation power and the 5 latest reputation(s) received click the "Settings" heading at the top hand right of the website or just click HERE. They will appear green (positive), grey (neutral) or red (negative). Giving a thanks adds +2 rep to user, adding to user's rep gives + user "reputation power", the grey neutral doesn't change the user's rep at all and negative is -1:

Your personal statistics are displayed under "My Profile" which will display your Total Thanks; which is the amount of thanks that you have given, as well as your number of times thanked in how many posts:

The newest addition to the rep system is ability to view the the latest rep that you have given (up to 5) as well as the reputation power number. This number is based on different values including length of account creation, forum rep, amount of rep given to others... and other aspects which shall remain shrouded in mystery as per the devs' intentions. This number is tied to the thumbs up function and will add the value listed to any player's rep; for instance the 37 that is my current rep power will add +37 points to any user I award with a thumbs up, which is substantially more than the +2 associated with the thanks function, it also allows you to keep your anonymity unlike the thanks feature.

That concludes the road guide to the reputation system, I hope you learned something and use the system to its full potential.

Thanks goes out to BodMaster, DanielRH, Kaarataka, Onaraasider, razerfingers, Samhayne for being being featured in this making of this thread and a special thanks to Ellyidol, RedRyder and Zeus.

Patch notes:

v1.1
    Added approval and disapproval daily limits
    Tested and confirmed numbers
    Removed duplicate picture

v1.2
    Added rep bars and numbers
    Updated numbers

v1.3
    Edited due to removal of negative reputation feature
    Added razerfingers (never forget)

v1.4.1
    Added new rep bars and numbers
    Added latest reputation given
    Added reputation power
    Added reputation power explanation
    Last edited by Gluttony; 09-02-2014 at 06:48 PM.

2. The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

You can only see other's rep bar and estimate that their rep is between two integers, for instance I see you currently have 2 green rep bars so I would estimate that your rep is between 101 and 200. This is just my understanding of the system. If you look at the pics that I posted earlier I had 147 rep points which equated to 2 greens bars, now I have 256 rep which equals 3 green bars. With the knowledge I have I'd say that every 100 points equals a rep bar (in either direction).

[UserName] razerfingers
    -101 to -???

[UserName] is off the scale
    -?? to -100

[UserName] can only hope to improve
    -?? to -?? rep points

[UserName] has a little shameless behavior in the past
    -1 to -?? rep points

[UserName] has disabled reputation
    Disabled rep points

[UserName] is an unknown quantity at this point
    0 rep points

[UserName] is a name known to all
    1 to 100 rep points

[UserName] is a splendid one to behold
    101 to 200 rep points

[UserName] is a splendid one to behold
    201 to 300 rep points

[UserName] has a brilliant future
    301 to 400 rep points

401 to 500 rep points

501 to 600

[UserName] has a reputation beyond repute
    601 to 700

701 to 900

901 to 1100

1101 to 1300

1301 to 1500

1501 to ???? rep points
    Last edited by Gluttony; 02-25-2014 at 07:08 AM.

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

^^^^ wicked thanks for this....

Nice guide. I missed this one. Added to my PL and SL Stuff lists.

Couple of questions, is there a way to find out how much 'rep' others have? And I'm sure I saw a thread somewhere with amounts of 'rep' required for each green bar. Anyone know where that is?

EDIT: Found the numbers for the titles and also found a list of the various green bars but the numbers looked wrong, maybe taken from a different forum.

2nd EDIT: I was very tempted to sneak in something about how awesome Gluttony is, and how I (being Redbridge) idolize him... lol. But. Not sure he'd want that kind of public affection showered on him. Hehe. (JK)
    Last edited by Redbridge; 11-05-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Wonderful guide Gluttony. I've alwaus been curious about this.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

+1 awesome guide, very clear

You find alot of players know this but choose not to use it to its full potential hopefullly this will change that.. great job

EDIT: Also may I suggest a sticky.. seen a few of these but not as detailed that includes the new thanks system

2nd Edit: Great addition to the guide

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thanked for awesome guide and for using me in pic!
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Just a minor thing, I belive it's 1-99, 100-199, 200-299, etc.

I have exactly 400 right now with 4 bars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Hey glut, I told you already via PM but great guide! Very detailed and super informative as for your question regarding the grey/neutral posts those are awarded when a non senior forum member gives reputation to someone. From what I can tell it will award you a grey rep bar but give you no actual rep "points" and when you click on the thumbs up of the post that was given the rep by the non senior member it will tell you "the feedback on this post is somewhat positive" (or something like that). Hope this helps and you can add it to your thread

+1 rep

Edit: Ironically enough I just recurved a rep from a non senior member and I can confirm that it gives NO reputation when a non senior member gives reputation

*it is important to note that even tho those +1 rep doesn't give points the thanks for non senior members DOES still add reputation. Hope this helps!

You may also want to add into your guide that if you click the thumbs up on your own posts it tells you your feedback for that individual post.

Last edited by TANKKAAR; 11-08-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Hey glut, I told you already via PM but great guide! Very detailed and super informative as for your question regarding the grey/neutral posts those are awarded when a non senior forum member gives reputation to someone. From what I can tell it will award you a grey rep bar but give you no actual rep "points" and when you click on the thumbs up of the post that was given the rep by the non senior member it will tell you "the feedback on this post is somewhat positive" (or something like that). Hope this helps and you can add it to your thread

+1 rep

Edit: Ironically enough I just recurved a rep from a non senior member and I can confirm that it gives NO reputation when a non senior member gives reputation

*it is important to note that even tho those +1 rep doesn't give points the thanks for non senior members DOES still add reputation. Hope this helps!

You may also want to add into your guide that if you click the thumbs up on your own posts it tells you your feedback for that individual post.
    Nice explanation buddy! Iv been wondering about this one too.

When I have had grey 'Rep' I thought that it was a negative not positive, though not seen in the feedback as negative. Great to know
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-09-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Thank ye for this great guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

A related question: How many posts does one need to have in order to be able to give thanks and rep?

I've been playing for close to a year now and have been a regular stalker on the forums since the anniversary. I'd like to be able to give thanks or rep, but I am unable to do so. I do not believe in padding a post count, but I will admit to submitting 6 entries into a couple of contests as of late to try and get my posts up so I can give thanks and rep while stalking the forums.

I apologize if there is already a thread regarding my question, I did not have much luck with the search function.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flippys View Post
    A related question: How many posts does one need to have in order to be able to give thanks and rep?

I've been playing for close to a year now and have been a regular stalker on the forums since the anniversary. I'd like to be able to give thanks or rep, but I am unable to do so. I do not believe in padding a post count, but I will admit to submitting 6 entries into a couple of contests as of late to try and get my posts up so I can give thanks and rep while stalking the forums.

I apologize if there is already a thread regarding my question, I did not have much luck with the search function.
    You can offer thanks at any forum lvl and u can even give reputation. Its just the thanks that will build a forum members green bar by adding points to thier rep tho. Any reputation given by a non-senior member will not award points. Only thing that you should take note of is the fact that non of this can be done through the forum app yet here are the new forum titles

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    0 posts – New Member
    30 posts – Junior Member
    50 posts - Member
    250 posts – Forum Adept
    500 posts – Senior Member
    1337 – ELITE
    5000 posts – Luminary Poster
    10000 posts - Forum Legend
    Hope this helped
    Last edited by TANKKAAR; 11-14-2011 at 02:35 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Great guide! Helps new forumers!
    Last edited by Skeletonlord; 11-14-2011 at 10:25 AM.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

It is no longer possible to leave negative reputation.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

aww now time to retire from my negative rep well nobody thank me lol i like my two red bars

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

razer lol
    PL Chars: ,SETBIRD,GOMGURLTWO,ihateshelby,gomgurl,,razurblade
    THANKS FOR PLAYIN' :B
    Proud leader of SMD " so much damage"

Right off the map. But what's one PVPer, more or less?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good thing I looked around here or I would've wasted some people's time with the same exact question. Now I just need to reply to some forums so I don't have to be labeled as a new member...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    You can offer thanks at any forum lvl and u can even give reputation...Only thing that you should take note of is the fact that non of this can be done through the forum app yet

hope this helped
    I do appreciate the help. I would have left you thanks at the time, but it was still not working properly for me. I am a FireFox user. I have been primarly a FireFox user dating back from the Netscape Navigator days. And for some reason, the Thanks feature does not work properly on FireFox as well. So I recently tried Explorer and am able to leave Thanks.

Although I do not appreciate having to use Explorer to leave thanks, I will in order to give thanks to the posts that deserve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Thanks alot! Very good!
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Just an addition, after 6 bars it takes 200 instead of 100 points to the next bar! As well as from bar 7 to 8.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post: