Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "It always takes two to tango. Treat others nicely and you may not have these issues"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Default "It always takes two to tango. Treat others nicely and you may not have these issues"

Hi JustG, I don't intend any disrespect in quoting you for a thread title, but the thread I got it from has been closed so I cannot reply. As someone who has received pretty ugly abuse from random players, including sexual assault threats against myself and my family, I can tell you that it does not always take two to tango. I gave up reporting these players because nothing is ever done about it- I know, because I put them on ignore and I can still see them on that list.

It is unacceptable to suggest that simply ignoring players is the solution. Many, many people have complained on forums about being harassed by multiple accounts. STS has created a mostly great community, but you also have a responsibility to that community. Why is that scammers and abusers are so rarely banned even when reported? They absolutely taint the game and many people's enjoyment of it. Remember, we have children playing this game, who should not be exposed to that kind of behaviour. Also, once someone has been scammed or abused they are more likely to do it to others, especially when they see people getting away with the most outrageous things.

I understand that very often it does take two to tango, esp with PVP trash-talking. But if your comment is indicative of STS's attitude towards abuse, in that it must always somehow be deserved, I guess that could explain the perceived inaction. Sad, because I love this game. I hope I'm wrong; the forum is monitored closely which I appreciate. I just wish ingame stuff would be monitored to the same degree.

Again, no disrespect intended. I genuinely want to discuss this as it's something I've seen again and again during my years here.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acewasabi For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

There's something called a pm

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Someones friend got scammed i take it.

Hint: be vigilant and you wont get scammed, ever. Its not that hard and if people dont want to take the time to be careful with the stuff they care about it scares me cause beyond these pixels there is a big scary world out there and is going to eat you alive.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye229; 06-16-2017 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Opinion ofc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

.......... all i said to the guy was "ignored cuz u have no life" ...that's why Justg said that quote about it takes two to tango. If you see someone spamming, just report them..it actually does work, I witnessed the powers. Move along and enjoy the game..From my own experience, I never got constant random rude pm's for no reason, what so ever, out the blue. Maybe I'm just lucky.... so far?

#NoTaunting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I've had random rude PMs out of the blue. Trying to trash talk me, some I roast when I need a good laugh and others I just put on ignore list. Oh and sometimes I report.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 06-16-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i posted ss on forums cuz they discriminated against my ill mom, simply "ignoring" them wont help, its against TOS so ppl like that should get banned without questioning, and to top it off he said sts cant do sh!its lmao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

They need to upgrade/add chat filter example:
    -Friend Only
    -Off Chat

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Horme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sam pvp View Post
    i posted ss on forums cuz they discriminated against my ill mom, simply "ignoring" them wont help, its against TOS so ppl like that should get banned without questioning, and to top it off he said sts cant do sh!its lmao.
    You shouldn't tell peoples regarding your life information so much.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acewasabi View Post
    As someone who has received pretty ugly abuse from random players, including sexual assault threats against myself and my family, I can tell you that it does not always take two to tango.
    We very much dislike scammers, and absolutely hate any kind of racist, misogynist, or bullying behavior. We will ban for it, but you need to report it. And then ignore the individuals.

You said to the individual in question: "ignored cuz u have no life".

This is you, instigating further harassment. That is two, tango-ing.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: