Thread: Limited PvE = revival of PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Limited PvE = revival of PvP?

One of the things I have noticed over the past 3 seasons is that with all the extra time consuming PvE content, including all of the new APs, PvP seems to have somewhat died. Yes, there are a consistent group of players that do PvP regularly, but not nearly as much as we saw a couple of years ago. This especially holds true for twink PvP.

I think the idea of limiting PvE maps to one or two runs per day does have its merit. Everyone assumes that plat users will rule the game, but I'm not convinced that will be the case. I think the results will be that loot will hold its value much better than this season. What we have seen this season is the total devaluation of legendary gear. Even the best legendary level 61 items are now pretty worthless. We did not see that in past seasons.

If the idea is that STS is only going to release an expansion once every 9 months or so, then I think perhaps this is a good idea. I think if folks are not doing PvE as much, it will revive PvP and other areas of the game like twinking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    One of the things I have noticed over the past 3 seasons is that with all the extra time consuming PvE content, including all of the new APs, PvP seems to have somewhat died. Yes, there are a consistent group of players that do PvP regularly, but not nearly as much as we saw a couple of years ago. This especially holds true for twink PvP.

I think the idea of limiting PvE maps to one or two runs per day does have its merit. Everyone assumes that plat users will rule the game, but I'm not convinced that will be the case. I think the results will be that loot will hold its value much better than this season. What we have seen this season is the total devaluation of legendary gear. Even the best legendary level 61 items are now pretty worthless. We did not see that in past seasons.

If the idea is that STS is only going to release an expansion once every 9 months or so, then I think perhaps this is a good idea. I think if folks are not doing PvE as much, it will revive PvP and other areas of the game like twinking.
    The price's of pinks drop when maus 5-6 came in to play with the mythic gear also.
    I personaly feel plat should be used to advance you faster(but still balanced up with the none plat users) like the maus 5 pass,that was a great idee in my opinion.
    And for the PvP part, I believe that is partly true. There is a lot of players that does PvP because they do not enjoy it.Actually PvP will be even more dead because most will need to run maus,ESG for gold to buy the new gear which will be a fortune.
    That's my opinion on this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

yea i remember running graveyard(before mau came) and hoping to see those legendary items drop. The prices were high just like the demand, running over and over made it so worth it.
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Yes
    Reason PvP is fading are actually pro PvP players.
    Its bitter bt true that there is very low chance for new players to join n learn pvp cos as they enter , they find themselves among master pvpers who simply insult them saying(commanding) " Leave this map" and if u don't leave, u r left alone like a ice cream for opponent team
    New player joins next map then again pros joins, opponent hunt them and own pro team members start insulting and sometimes humiliating them.

Its not easy for new players to Learn pvp who are also respected pve players or who live far from US with ping higher then 400 on 4g or both respected with high pings; leave pvp untouched

And other hand most of pvper are people from level cap 41 or earlier and majority of pvp is limited to few guilds.
    Old players leaves/ take breaks and new can't learn/play

There are normal version for elite maps, there is graveyard for maus
    But nothing for pvp (guilds only choose best players for gb so gb isnt option)

If there is some elite and normal version for pvp
    Like : pvper having kills more then 500 kills wont get any kill kdr in normal pvp map but death counts ( low lvl map's kdr concept) and there is open elite pvp version for all .

Enerzeric U r also a good suggestion maker .. think buddy think .. bring some good suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Pvp gets "revived" when it gets improved. Not when you cripple other parts of the game.

This for example includes not abandoning the further development of new additions to the game, such as battlegrounds, a few months after release.

As for twink pvp, from what I hear from my twink friends, the situation there has little to do with endgame pve and a lot to do with some of the new gear, awakens (especially some like armor) and stuff like that. Removing pvp lb was always a bad idea too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

To your last point-
    I think if folks are not doing PvE as much, it will revive PvP and other areas of the game like twinking.
    Wouldn't that be counterproductive to their idea to make us pay plat ?
    At least that's what the idea was last they spoke on it yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

And if i need plat for all maps, i never would play pvp. And most of My guildmates same. U like pvp or like not. I like it not. No limited can bring me to pvp.
    Sure, its sad for pple who like pvp a lot that this part of Game seems dead. But i think not it will help when pple feel they have a need to pvp only cause no other maps runable atm. My reason in this case would be... Log off and do other things

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I don't like the idea of limited runs nor token quests Kinda feels like Clash of Clans where you'll have to wait.

"Death is merely an experience."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Enerzeric U r also a good suggestion maker .. think buddy think .. bring some good suggestion
    I think PvP is mostly empty. The issue is that many do not have time for PvP. I've tried joining maps and often times the PvP maps are empty. Seems like only 1 of the 3 map types even gets used these days.

Here's a good idea... Just like you can do elite timed runs as well as non-timed runs, perhaps you should be able to join practice maps where kills and deaths do not count. So that way new players can practice for some time before they decide to join the real maps that count kills and deaths.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Pro players will just use the maps for all day clash so they still won't learn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Decreasing access to PvE content does not guarantee increased activity in PvP, at least on endgame. There are people who PvE because they love PvE, but, there are also who just do it to farm. How in the world would f2p compete with p2p players if their access to the latest loots, which we all know would have the highest value on the start of the expansion, is limited to once per day. No one wants to PvP if the gap between gears is too much. If the source of income for f2p is limited more than ever, there may be people would want to PvP, but there would be people who will just stop playing altogether. Those who even chose to PvP might not even stick to it if they keep getting farmed just because they don't have the means to get the better gears.

Limited access is okay up to a point, but once per day is unreasonable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Yes
    Reason PvP is fading are actually pro PvP players.
    Its bitter bt true that there is very low chance for new players to join n learn pvp cos as they enter , they find themselves among master pvpers who simply insult them saying(commanding) " Leave this map" and if u don't leave, u r left alone like a ice cream for opponent team
    New player joins next map then again pros joins, opponent hunt them and own pro team members start insulting and sometimes humiliating them.

Its not easy for new players to Learn pvp who are also respected pve players or who live far from US with ping higher then 400 on 4g or both respected with high pings; leave pvp untouched

And other hand most of pvper are people from level cap 41 or earlier and majority of pvp is limited to few guilds.
    Old players leaves/ take breaks and new can't learn/play

There are normal version for elite maps, there is graveyard for maus
    But nothing for pvp (guilds only choose best players for gb so gb isnt option)

If there is some elite and normal version for pvp
    Like : pvper having kills more then 500 kills wont get any kill kdr in normal pvp map but death counts ( low lvl map's kdr concept) and there is open elite pvp version for all .

Nobody comes to pvp completely geared mate. Ofc price of items and pro players do play a part in inactiveness of pvp. But you can't expect pro guilds to invite random newbies into their guildies. It's the same in endgame too. Twink brackets were killed off or became boring after the ridiculous armour awakens. a pvp safe zone is impractical and every person knows that. The truth is pvp is dying because of the lack of actual skilled players coming into different brackets because mostly all experienced players play in endgame.
    Good luck to pvp anyways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Too much of insanely expensive junk like artifacts is needed to have a chance at PVP right now and awakens on everything+pet combos are adding oil to the fire.

Even on twinks there's a 30m belt

That limited amount of players you see are mostly people who can burn hundreds of millions on their toons I guess