Thread: iOS 5 Causes Lag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default iOS 5 Causes Lag

Ever since I updated to iOS 5, Pocket Legends on my device lags. This may not apply to all Apple devices.

First, it lags when anyone who joins the party. The more people coming at the same time, the more lag and longer there will be.

Second, when ever there is 20% batter life left, it will start to lag for a few seconds. Then when I charge my device while in Pocket Legends, it will lag horribly for about one minute! I can barely move at all. This goes the same when unplugging my device from charger.

Does anyone else using iPod/iPhone having this issue also?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I know I do

PL Valkarya- 65 dex/int Mage~Ubernova- 51 str bear~Bearwithbow- 27 farmer dex bear~valksfarmer- 10 farmer bird
    SL Uberhealer- 40 engi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Bwahahahahahha I was smart and didn't update my iOS system cause there is always something sucky in the new stuff... ALWAYS.
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ah, I see.

Well, heads up for those that hasn't update yet - DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS 5!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I updated both my iPad and iPhone (4) to iOS 5. I experienced non of the issues talked about on the forums. Lag is exactly as it was before, not better not worse. I didn't loose any data, pictures, contacts... And the update went smooth on both devices. I even jailbroke my iPad/iPhone to have all the cool system tweaks I had on iOS 4.x

So yeah, it works for some of us too, just wanted to throw that out there

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

SL has been fine for me on an iPad1 since moving to iOS5, meanwhile Safari struggles to stay open long enough to post.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no problem here as well, playing pocket legends on IOS5 flawless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I know what you are talking about, Chiuey! It is stuck at one position (f.ex. when a player jumps in) and then the game continue. Even if I write a message, it lags for a few seconds. It was not like this before I've downloaded ios 5.

DL: Mia - lvl 31 | SL: Mia - lvl 48 - commando | Darling - lvl 51 - operative
    PL: Miafee - lvl 71 enchantress | Perimia - lvl 53 - enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I would say it not ios5 issue. I am using the latest version, be it on ipad1. I have no lag issue untill today as of halloween update. I believe it the amount of increase in players as it affect some of us under the slower network to lag. This is my findings amyway. Hope it reslove soon.
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I know what you are talking about, Chiuey! It is stuck at one position (f.ex. when a player jumps in) and then the game continue. Even if I write a message, it lags for a few seconds. It was not like this before I've downloaded ios 5.
    I am experiencing exactly these same issues and I have not updated my iPad (1) OS yet. I have the same problems with the very slight lag when a new player joins a PVE map. Also, I now have a delay when typing a message.

The reason I actually was searching for similar problems here on the forum was because in the past two days I have been having extreme problems with lag and ping spikes. I have had months of great play. This was a sudden performance change after Wednesday's update (or was it Tuesday?).

Lagging was so bad after today's update that I actually uninstalled the game and reinstalled - which seemed to help...a little. It is now lagging only as much as it did on Wednesday. At least I'm not getting disconnected like earlier today.

The developers state that very little was updated in the latest updates so I wonder what the heck I can look at to improve iPad performance? I've rebooted and renewed the lease to my wifi network. I guess I will next completely disconnect the network and reconnect.

One things for sure...I am not updating to iOS 5 yet. It may not be a problem but I've got too many problems right now to risk even laggier performance.