Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
You can call it whatever you want, dress it however you want but this is a scam.

Here's what you get when you Google scam.

nouninformal
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

(Due to nott being able to upload photos I copy pasted).

This is a fraudulent scheme if I've ever seen.

This comes from someone whose made mills off of buying bulk items(fangs in rengol expansion, Elite runner chests, the list goes on) and relisting them in the auction. The theory behind this is, you look for margins on items which you can buy and resell instantly in the auction that you know will sell(margin being the profit calculated by [price you list item for] - [price you bought item+auc tax]. Now I know nott a lot of people do this, due to AL's population being small and the market being so niche but none of the people who look for margins do this, especially the bit about advertisement. We buy items which are worth 30-35k in auc and then resell them for 40-45(scale changes) and nott once have I bought something worth 50k and relisted it in auc for 2-3m and go about in towns trying to sell it someone naive.

Threads like these have been brought up in the past. Alas, it does nott do anything to help the plight of the people who get scammed this way. Nott to mention the devs seem hapless when it comes to curtailing people from doing this. I wish there was a way to stop this from happening, except me and a few other friends who've sworn to undercut this piece of rotten doodoo by a few hundred k's whenever we see him/her doing something fishy like this, there isn't honestly much we can do.
Basically you're saying "Inflation is also scamming".. so everyone scams? Gg..

However listing things overpriced isn't a scam at all, if they force ppl to buy those items and make up lies about it than you can may considder this as a scam.

Auc prices go up and down, they change every day.

It might be a fraud, but there's no proof that the item is worth this or that, aka think before you buy an item.