Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official 2011 Halloween Event Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Official 2011 Halloween Event Feedback Thread

Please use this thread to provide your constructive feedback about the 2011 Halloween Event. Please only post after you have played the current content and please also keep your comments friendly and constructive. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

If you are attempting to farm Smack-O-Lantern for scaled pink drops, you can use the below method that Patricks originally posted, to do so:

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    To get scaled pinks, run through the first floor of the dungeon with whoever shows up until the level is cleared.

When level is finished, DO NOT cllick on "go to next level". Just wait. Let the people that are too high in level move on to the next level.

Then invite people who are your level to join the finished level you are waiting in. Or you can just wait for people of the correct level to join randomly and tell them to wait with you.

Once a full party of the correct level joins you, everyone can move on to the boss level together.
    For those of you who feel that the Halloween content should have been changed more from 2010, please keep in mind that there have been over 4 million new accounts made in Pocket Legends since last year. We value our long term players, however there are always opportunity costs when considering what we do (if we do this, then we won't be able to do that).

Lastly, if you are un-sure as to how to go back and fight Smack-O-Lantern again, you will want to follow the trail of broken pumpkins to the Shifty Skeleton.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 10-18-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default emm

Okay lol first anyway I think it's great but people like me and some of my mates have had tapjoy problems and have not been allowed to receive any plat so I'm just waiting until it's fixed so in future I hope you allow everyone to join in without paying plat which I personally think is rubbish I think you should only make people pay if there is a new map kind of event thx
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Enjoying it. One question. I brought costumes with plat. I noticed it said rental date 1st November. Do these costumes automatically get removed from my inventory on that day?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The Halloween content is superb ! the only cocern is that when one is scaled farming in the halloween levels there is no way of putting a pasword on the game as you cant create a game and this becomes a problem when you have 4 players of same or similar level and one who joins and is not of similar level and they will not cooperate when asked if they could please go to another game . The result is they get upset and dont leave and the drops end up not being scaled due to that one player. I would suggest a way of creating these games once you have done all halloween quests.

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

I have one thing to say. The update is great, items are great, and it's great you guys are giving new players a chance to earn Halloween items. Sorry to all the "collectors" but the millions of new accounts are more important then you guys making another 50mil gold that your never gonna do anything with. Great job Sam (and the dev team) and keep the great work coming! (: :end rant:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adidaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord:452437
    Enjoying it. One question. I brought costumes with plat. I noticed it said rental date 1st November. Do these costumes automatically get removed from my inventory on that day?
    yes they do. Anyways my feedback-I wasn't here for last years halloween even but i agree with the older players, it would be cooler for new items to be made so the old ones become rare. Even if i missed my chance it would be nice to be able to get a different generation of items myself that would become rare over time like the ones from the last year. If its possible an update that changed the look of this years halloween items would be really appreciated so i could start a collection like the players who came before me.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Its all awesome, but I have yet to see a str based Halloween weapon. There's a broom, pumpkin chuncker but no str one. Same with shields: str cat shield, int doll but no dex shield.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    Hi Skeletonlord,

Yes, the costumes are rentals and need to go back to the locker of scary garments come November.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Skeletonlord,

Yes, the costumes are rentals and need to go back to the locker of scary garments come November.
    Have you guys considered selling those permanently for a large amount of plat? Several players are willing to pay 500 plat for the helm of inflation (lol i forgot the name) and I do believe that STS could turn around some plat by selling the costumes for 1000plat or something like that...

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster View Post
    The Halloween content is superb ! the only cocern is that when one is scaled farming in the halloween levels there is no way of putting a pasword on the game as you cant create a game and this becomes a problem when you have 4 players of same or similar level and one who joins and is not of similar level and they will not cooperate when asked if they could please go to another game . The result is they get upset and dont leave and the drops end up not being scaled due to that one player. I would suggest a way of creating these games once you have done all halloween quests.
    Hi Rolocoaster,

In my 2nd post above you can using Patrick's method, as stated at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post451924

Keep in mind that the level of the boss is set when the boss is agro'd. So first to agro it sets the level of the monster (at least, that's what I've been told. I haven't personally verified that myself).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Hi Rolocoaster,

In my 2nd post above you can using Patrick's method, as stated at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post451924

Keep in mind that the level of the boss is set when the boss is agro'd. So first to agro it sets the level of the monster (at least, that's what I've been told. I haven't personally verified that myself).
    No. If a level 60 is in the instance the boss will be scaled at that level and so will the drops.

Technically if the fight begins and the 60 joins after the beginning of the fight it may not re-scale but this would be hard to coordinate. I don't know what would happen to the drops in such a case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ok so what are u supposed to tell the shifty skeleton cause I still can't get in to fight him again

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hi Rolocoaster,

Thanks Sam didnt know you could use that method to go back !

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I love how the Halloween event is handled, but if the area in Balefort before the Halloween levels was a little more decorated it wouldn't feel so empty Maybe having a bonfire going on with NPCs wearing the rent-able costumes?

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    No. If a level 60 is in the instance the boss will be scaled at that level and so will the drops.

Technically if the fight begins and the 60 joins after the beginning of the fight it may not re-scale but this would be hard to coordinate. I don't know what would happen to the drops in such a case.
    This might explain why one of the instances we were fighting boss and a level 60 came in and i still got a level 35 drop . But yes it would be too hard to coordinate this , as this only happened 1 out of 200 runs lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Love the Halloween stuff, love the pumpkin head.. Wish the candy bag was a vanity, but that's cool too.. Farming is hard to do... Makes the drops worth more. ^^

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

If you are L20 and are the highest level in the group, the drop will be L20 if Smack's threat level turns yellow. If you aggro him while red, it'll be L25.

If you are in a group where a super high level messes it up and leaves. You can still drop a low level if everyone dies and respawns. But, it's typically easier to just join a Manor Anchor, such as what I was doing yesterday with FarmingAsst as well as what Patricks posted.

-Is it too late to make all the costumes (including those who have droids) into armor vanities?
    -Can the candy bags also be made into shield vanities?
    -For next year, can we have crafting drops to craft boss costumes?
    -Halloween item packs are pretty silly to buy if the Witch Hat is the only desirable random item. Just sell the Witch Hat a la carte. Or at least make other vanities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

My thoughts on the event are that it is great for first time players to play through but for those who were at last years it's a sort of seen it all before attitude as the difference between Halloween 2010 and 2011 is minimal to say the least. I can understand why the event is pretty much the same though as PL has come along way in terms of updates this year with the release of guilds and new campaigns etc. As well as the release of SL and maintaining regular updates for that. So the lack of new content here is understandable though still disappointing to me personally.

One thing I was glad about was that the 2010 pumpkin helm did not return to give some of the older players a keepsake as a 'I was there item'. I would recommend that one item should be held back from each of the major events (eg Easter, Halloween and Christmas) though off the top my head the only Christmas quest item I cam recall is the armour which is an essential part of the Christmas theme, so it could be difficult to do so.

I would also like to see the candy bags become vanity shields like has been mentioned on countless occasions otherwise they are they just pointless novelty items. Also this would reduce the risk of liquidation which I accidentally did to my ghost candy bag from last year to my annoyance.

I remember there were talks of having a veteran rewards system established which is most likely at the bottom of a long list of future updates but I think to ensure the longevity of the game it is becoming more and more needed to keep older players playing on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post

I can vouch that (for instance) if a 60 is in the dungeon before the 20's get agro then the drops will be 60. But if the 20's get agro before the 60 drops into the game then the drops will be 20. The latter I found out with this happening to me and some friends, the first I actually experimented with using my level 30 mage joining games of level 20's (my apologies to all for this experiment) I waited for them to get agro then came in the room, the boss killed several of them by this time and my drop was level 30.

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.