Thread: Opinions on new arcane sword vs aegis?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Minisalami View Post
    I did some runs with a 2nd war who used the ac sword (after the update) in m5/6. Unfortunately several times it pulled cursing undead mages into range and a kind of "backfire" wiped out the whole party. Can anybody confirm that ?
    Mini I would still suggest running with glint aegis for mobs for max damage and mob clearance over the new arcane aegis or arcane sword. But with glint aegis you gotta know what u are doing because you can kill urself easily from curse mage especially if ur team or you don't have glowstik aa and do not time it correctly. Also new lvl 66 arcane sword is tricky to use in maus but its more effective than nightmare aegis for damage. But yes the proc pulls enemies in and can kill party by pulling in curse mage. So you have to time your glowstik aa correctly when you see the curse mages while using the new arcane sword. With that being said I have been testing the new arcane sword and where it truly shines is at boss fights. The proc creating that tornado actually does alot of damage and bosses health drops fast. From my testing when the arcane sword proc happens it causes 2000 to 3000 damage per tick (which is bascially per second) while enemies are in the tornado. Unfortunately some times the mobs run away from the tornado proc. If you compare this to the proc damage of nightmare purple geysers which only does maybe 300 damage per tick. Even though the nightmare aegis procs more often and each time you proc you actually create 4 to 5 purple geysers most mobs don't walk directly over the geysers and don't take damage. Also I find that the stun of the purple geyser seems ineffective. It just doesn't seem to stun as well as old dragon hunter proc. While the new lvl 66 arcane sword proc pulls in the mobs into your tornado to allow for 3 to 5 mobs to take 2000 to 3000 damage per tick (per second). Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 07-22-2017 at 12:07 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post: