Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Silver jetpack nerfed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Silver jetpack nerfed

I purchased the Silver Jetpack for 50 plat for the 20% speed increase. At the time of purchased it did not state that the speed increase would be removed after the jetpack event concluded. The other jetpacks stated that the speed increase was only for the event period. I believe im speaking for everyone who bought the silver jetpack for the speed increase in asking to have it reinstated to the Silver jetpack cause thats the reason we purchased it for in the first place
    Last edited by HRPUFFNSTUFF; 10-19-2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: typo's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default ;)

I agree
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I am on mobile so no link but Samhayne posted a thread in SL Announcements that clearly stated the run speed boost and the ability to give out Silver Antennae was only for the duration of the event.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Same happened to alot of us.. we have suggested/pleaded that some speed if not all could be kept. It seems this effort was futile as players.who had purchased this would be able to run ahead of others while doing runs hence getting the kills or just creating an unfair atmosphere.

The way that it was worded seemed that we would keep this tho we had taken this the wrong way.. and asked devs if the same GDCO could be added to the Plat item to not confuse others interested in this.

With all said above, doubt this will be reinstated

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

You are not speaking for everyone

Other who have experiences knew it was too good to be true, they probably forgot to write the limit day of use.
    But hey we bought it anyway.

20% speed is just an insane advantage in pve and later on for pvp.

I think Sam or Flip talk in suggestion thread about they might do something, not sure what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I think us players, who purchased the Silver Jet Pack, should just be happy that we have something that is exclusive. Hopefully, we won't see this item on Deal of the Day.

STS doesn't owe us anything.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

What, I thought everyone knew this already.
    Guys, it was even in the item description. If I recall, it stated something like "grants 20% boost during CGD(<-whatever the event was called) event"
    And I believe devs stated that in the forums somewhere as well. 'nuff said, should have read carefully

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zaltiar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaltiar View Post
    What, I thought everyone knew this already.
    Guys, it was even in the item description. If I recall, it stated something like "grants 20% boost during CGD(<-whatever the event was called) event"
    And I believe devs stated that in the forums somewhere as well. 'nuff said, should have read carefully
    A few of us checked this and it wasnt stated at first, was then later added when IB mentioned it I believe.

Oh well I'm just glad we had the chance to grab one.. think they look awesome (Prefer more than Chrome )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lolz if only they used the search button.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think it's because it ruins the speed booster elixir. Pretty greedy if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bakoffmycandy View Post
    I am on mobile so no link but Samhayne posted a thread in SL Announcements that clearly stated the run speed boost and the ability to give out Silver Antennae was only for the duration of the event.
    FALSE!
    They scammed us!
    They change their annoucements 3 hours after 90% bought the silver jet packs!
    They scammed us!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I knew about it, so I didn't purchase the plat jetpack. It was sort of common sense...hence, they did their job.
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BestHyun View Post
    I knew about it, so I didn't purchase the plat jetpack. It was sort of common sense...hence, they did their job.
    Not everyone was as fortunate as you though. I bought mine before they even had a thread here about the update, and was the first one to point out the jet packs to the forum...and was unfortunately the first one to notice that even after they posted about the 1 week thing...the description of the pack in the store still made no mention of it.

But whatever, I like my silver pack and I'm glad I bought it!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BurnYugo View Post
    FALSE!
    They scammed us!
    They change their annoucements 3 hours after 90% bought the silver jet packs!
    They scammed us!!!
    We misunderstood their initial message was a little misleading however we were notified pretty much instantly (5-30mins) after to say they scammed us is a little harsh.. they are just people like me and you and do make mistakes now and then.. its inevitable. STS and the players that feel hard done by this would both have at least got alot from this and as they say we learn from our mistakes and hesitant to do it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Look on the bright side folks at least the new description says: "Sweet Jetpack to make your friends jealous."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am speaking for everyone when I say "we bought it only for the speed increase"
    You on the otherhand and others may like the look well whatever tickles your fancy I say, the speed bonus is what tickled mine and that was the reason of purchase. False advertising is not right, simple as that. And a mistake on advertising for or against the seller should stand until it's been rectified. The customer is always right, even when there wrong. First principle in any consumer related business. And we are right in saying that the error that was made would of influenced the decision by players purchasing this item in the first place.

REINSTATE THE SPEED TO THE JETPACK AND FUFILL THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT OF THE STATS ON THE ITEM TO THOSE WHO PURCHASED IT UNDER THE ORIGINAL ITEM DESCRIPTION.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HRPUFFNSTUFF View Post
    I am speaking for everyone when I say "we bought it only for the speed increase"
    You on the otherhand and others may like the look well whatever tickles your fancy I say, the speed bonus is what tickled mine and that was the reason of purchase. False advertising is not right, simple as that. And a mistake on advertising for or against the seller should stand until it's been rectified. The customer is always right, even when there wrong. First principle in any consumer related business. And we are right in saying that the error that was made would of influenced the decision by players purchasing this item in the first place.

REINSTATE THE SPEED TO THE JETPACK AND FUFILL THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT OF THE STATS ON THE ITEM TO THOSE WHO PURCHASED IT UNDER THE ORIGINAL ITEM DESCRIPTION.
    Seriously doubt it will happen, no matter how much you use caps lock. As for the dude yelling "SCAM!", please. If it was a real scam, STS would have never fixed the description mistake. They would have let people buy it until it wasn't on offer anymore and then rolled around in big plies of plat while laughing at you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I think he ment.. It should have been in the decription or more clear in game. The reason why i DIDN'T buy one is because it didn't do anything after the event, and I'm sure it will be a DOTD in a month...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    I think he ment.. It should have been in the decription or more clear in game. The reason why i DIDN'T buy one is because it didn't do anything after the event, and I'm sure it will be a DOTD in a month...
    Who ever's with me on this one... Please DO NOT lol, put these as DOTD. These are meant to be exclusive item, if missed too bad should have put some effort into earning one when they were available so to speak.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post: