Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowering the dodge cap is really necessary!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Dodge is the only reason fox is relevant in FFA... If i get lucky and dodge 4-5 shots in a row, I can get double and triple kills (Although that is very rare). If the dodge cap was lowered, there would need to be complete overhaul of the currently less desirable classes (fox and mage). And a nerf to bear damage so they they cant abuse the lower dodge by beckon stomping like 76....
    EDIT: Spelled relevant as "relevent" XD
    That's not the solution that fox sometime dodge and that those times it can win, slight buff is the solution though as I said im not favor of significantly buffing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypowerz View Post
    Another issue about dodge is sts already tried fixing it in lower lvls by removing dodge from sets Along with a dmg nerf. This ruined certain sets and classes and made str gear so op it's saddening. These nerfs made items like esb/ phantom angle sets and other sets that were decent because of dodge worthless where str sets such a beast retained dodge making any str char overpowered ruining pvp. I relize I gave examples of 66-71 pvp which is currently dead but what some of you are asking for at 100 will be exactly what happend that level. Another reason was an unnecessary damage nerf that made str chars overpowered also. These nerfs were implemented during 85 cap and are still around if it was not for the no level restrictions I'm sure people would see these negative changes and not want to see it happen to an active level that is for the most part already balanced(100).
    If I didn't forget, Dodge was not nerfed from ANY ITEM, actually always it was handled globally, and global dodge cap was introduced / reduced significantly and that's still there everywhere, global dodge nerf actually nerfed str classes, IDK what r u talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    The horse is legitimately a pulp at this point guys. Dolloway made one of the best threads I've ever seen on this topic which pretty much addresses dodge perfectly and how it can be fixed.

The problem isn't dodge. It's the amount of dodge that each class has at this point. Like I already stated, Mages (a support class) should not have over 40 base dodge. That's ridiculous.

Sure, dodge has it's place in the game. Birds, bears, and foxes rely heavily on it; but at this point it's so out of proportion it's not even funny.
    The whole point of dodge cap reduction, as I have been there always since the changes, is that NO OTHER WAY it will be handled, It was not suggested that there should be a global dodge cap, atleast not by me, Dodge reduction from items and sets was preferred but probably it was much easy to do, that's why dodge cap was in action if not already there at higher value.

So the the suggestion is just accordingly that if we need dodge reduction, there's ONLY ONE WAY now, that is dodge cap reduction.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-04-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    That's not the solution that fox sometime dodge and that those times it can win, slight buff is the solution though as I said im not favor of significantly buffing it.

If I didn't forget, Dodge was not nerfed from ANY ITEM, actually always it was handled globally, and global dodge cap was introduced / reduced significantly and that's still there everywhere, global dodge nerf actually nerfed str classes, IDK what r u talking about

The whole point of dodge cap reduction, as I have been there always since the changes, is that NO OTHER WAY it will be handled, It was not suggested that there should be a global dodge cap, atleast not by me, Dodge reduction from items and sets was preferred but probably it was much easy to do, that's why dodge cap was in action if not already there at higher value.

So the the suggestion is just accordingly that if we need dodge reduction, there's ONLY ONE WAY now, that is dodge cap reduction.
    The nerfs they implemented might have been intended to weaken str but it only made it stronger if you don't believe me feel free to play 71 where almost everyone is using beast set because of how overpowered it is after the nerf. And they removed dodge from set like phantom used to get 20ish and now has 7 it completely ruined the set as well as angel int and dex sets. If you don't believe from what I said just give it a try and you will lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The nerfs they implemented might have been intended to weaken str but it only made it stronger if you don't believe me feel free to play 71 where almost everyone is using beast set because of how overpowered it is after the nerf. And they removed dodge from set like phantom used to get 20ish and now has 7 it completely ruined the set as well as angel int and dex sets. If you don't believe from what I said just give it a try and you will lol
    Dodge was not nerfed from any item, Dodge cap was implemented (safer to say reduced significantly, if it was there at high values)

Lets say a set has a dodge 60 and another set has a dodge 80, now b4 dodge cap implementation, the second set has 20 more dodge.
    But after dodge cap implementation (Lets assume that dodge cap is 50) both the sets WILL HAVE SAME PRACTICAL DODGE unless we consider dodge debuff here that's the simple explanation of dodge cap, because it capped at 50 so any value greater than that is just obsolete other than getting dodge debuffed. Also you have to consider dodge buff in it.

So any set /class that had high dodge values suffered most after dodge cap implementation. BUT AT ENDGAME there're measures to counter the situation and tank classes were given more armor to compensate.

I'm not disagreeing that dodge cap changed various aspect of low level pvp but ENDGAME IS DIFFERENT the reason is that there have been lot of changes to encounter such situations but no other level got that EXCEPT endgame.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-05-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Don't waste your time arguing with waug... he is right even when he is wrong... example: dodge was drastically nerfed on all 66-70 int and dex gear. We all see it, we all noticed, it was announced on forums. He reiterates dodge was not nerfed on any items....

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Don't waste your time arguing with waug... he is right even when he is wrong... example: dodge was drastically nerfed on all 66-70 int and dex gear. We all see it, we all noticed, it was announced on forums. He reiterates dodge was not nerfed on any items....

We're ofc talking about the post-dodgapocalypses phase since when the dodge cap was introduced (saying again to make it perfect, or reduced significantly) and if you think that, nope after that phase, dodge WAS NERFED FROM items and IT'S EVEN ON announcement, that's pretty nice, you should simply post the link here, right? do it, I've to agree, there's no other way around.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-05-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

We're ofc talking about the post-dodgapocalypses phase since when the dodge cap was introduced (saying again to make it perfect, or reduced significantly) and if you think that, nope after that phase, dodge WAS NERFED FROM items and IT'S EVEN ON announcement, that's pretty nice, you should simply post the link here, right? do it, I've to agree, there's no other way around.
    It says it right here... but i probably misunderstand right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

It says it right here... but i probably misunderstand right?

Yep, you misunderstood, but this time I won't refer this as ur fault, because it was never refereed as dodge cap, but after sometime it was called such officially. This is the time when dodge cap was effective the way we know today, although it was latter changed.

Even if it still UN-digestable for you, just focus on the term "across board".

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Yep, you misunderstood, but this time I won't refer this as ur fault, because it was never refereed as dodge cap, but after sometime it was called such officially. This is the time when dodge cap was effective the way we know today, although it was latter changed.

Even if it still UN-digestable for you, just focus on the term "across board".
    That doesn't make sense... and no it was referring to the gear... the dodge cap was changed later. The 2 are completely different and always have been... this is what i meant when i said "your always right, even when your wrong" i mean common yo it even specifically says items and sets...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

That doesn't make sense... and no it was referring to the gear... the dodge cap was changed later. The 2 are completely different and always have been... this is what i meant when i said "your always right, even when your wrong" i mean common yo it even specifically says items and sets...

As said dodge wasn't nerfed from each and every item, it was handled globally, since dodgpocalypse. Make sense?

Learn the fact & Get over it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

As said dodge wasn't nerfed from each and every item, it was handled globally, since dodgpocalypse. Make sense?

Learn the fact & Get over it.
    The screenshot i posted says the exact opposite of what you are saying... I'm done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Yep, done.
    Dodge cap has been reduced, thanks everyone, for the support guys.
    Topic closed, for now, who knows
    bye.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The screenshot i posted says the exact opposite of what you are saying... I'm donie

Havent you learned that what waug says goes? He wanted mage nerfed. It got nerfed. I make a thread with multiple people agreeing that mage needs buffed. It doesnt get buffed. He makes a thread where he wants dodge cap lowered. No one agrees that it needs to be lowered. And what happens? it gets lowered. Clearly the developers listen to whats not needed over what is needed. Or maybe its just cause of his forum popularity. Who knows.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Cinco is a strange man who makes changes on the fly depending on how he's feeling that day

Loco.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post: