Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are you serious, this is a joke?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:457285
    Quote Originally Posted by Acezero View Post
    It really bugs me when people say "don't complain its a free game you don't have to spend money ". Yeah well you don't have to but some people like to reward others for doing a good job on their products. Yeah we don't have to spend money but if everyone stopped this game wouldn't exist for you freebie supporters. I'm not disappointed with the armor, however I think it's awesome that people who do support the game voice their opinion. They are the ones making sure the game hasn't been discontinued. Although the free players play a role to.
    You know, I never thought of it that way! Yeah! The people who are complaining about the looks are the people who are buying it right? So then they have a right to voice their opinion! Saying they don't HAVE to buy it doesn't change the fact that they did, and that they didn't like it.
    I agree. You choose to pay for it if you want to. I'm one of those "at least it's free people" except I do spend money so Sam can get that box of dohnuts!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Everybody has the choice NOT to buy it.
    It's not like STS is forcing buy people their product.

If someone were to sell you a car and you didn't like its interior design or color, you have the choice not to buy it and choose something else that fits your liking.

We have the option to preview all the platinum gears before you purchase it. Therefore, if I didn't like the looks, I have the freewill to either buy it or not.
    There's also a level 35 set for each class that drops from the new campaign, which does not require you to pay, only play.

Either way, people have no valid reason to complain. Yes we can voice our opinion, but not to the point where people are talking as if STS did such a horrible job.

Like the Dev(s) said, it's art. Apples and oranges. Some people will like it, some people won't.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ProSophist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Epics are different coloring, but same look.

Why are you using that crossbow thingy, roll with the chaingun heavy weapon! And the Commando lvl 36 helmet is sweet. Can you say Protoss Zealot?

"Power overwhelming."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

After seeing the new com gear in game on an actual player I like it more than when I initially saw it in a photo. I never thought my meganaut gear was all that exciting compared to the other classes so it is nice to see something different.

AL - Frostine: Sorcerer | | | PL - Frostine: Ench (70)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why do ppl insult how the op looks I personally think he looks the coolest especially with the vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
    Far too disappointed.
    disappointed in looking like a mashmellow with chocolate syrup ? you sir have no taste

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

idk how it looks, or the lack of particle fx, I got them anyway coz I get em at every cap... when I got it I was very satisfied with the single shoulder blade thingy, as well as the green fx on the cap, no complaints whatsoever about how the plat gear looks or the stats because it game me a ton of mana and I use less pots now as a mando, something that people put 90 int and compromised on strength over lol... love the gear, its all perfectly balanced, the greens, the purps, the custom purps and the plat gear taking back all previous complaints after actually trying em on lol this is exactly the points where the stats and looks need to be, its really fair that the in game gear has the particle fx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I mostly care about originality and uniqueness in new content, and after much re-colored gear in PL, this was a breath or fresh air. Each level cap set has been easily-identifiable from any other gear, and even if it isn't as Sci-Fi as the other equipment, I like the overall design.

My goal in SL is to collect all the Commando custom sets, and probably Elite level vanities too.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree this gear does kinda look like crap. I'm nnot to big on the new stuff either its kinda weak looking. Even the lvl 25 gear was way cooler I much preferred my commando looking like a marine from Halo: CE than some Yhouz'Vong** from the post Return of the Jedi part of Star Wars.

P.S. I don't spend tons of money on FTP's. I did however drop $20 at start for extra slots and starter gear packs because I enjoyed PL and had been looking forward to Apple getting this game out and wanted to get a boost in catching up to the Droiders. which is more than a fair contribution considering the most I have ever paid for an app was $20 for Djay on my iPad. But mostly my motto is: I farm long and strong cuz I'm down to get my blasting on.
    Last edited by Rob Prose; 12-27-2011 at 01:54 AM. Reason: big addition pertaining to the argument of spending cash in FTP's
    Toons:
    Bigtokes: 25 commando
    Bigsmoke: 16 operative
    Bigheals: 17 engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian:456161
    Ok so I wait patiently for an update...update comes. I spend $50 on platinum. Buy that pet for 250 platinum. Spend majority of it on enhancers so I can be lvl 35 ASAP. I get to lvl 35 after hours and hours of farming exp. I get so excited, I buy myself the best gear platinum can get me....and this is what it looks like. This is what 150 platinum will get you...

So I dont know who the designer is but how can you possibly compare this outfit to the one at lvl 30....its impossible. I look like a Bavarian Butler wearing some skimpy tights. Even the weapon but lets not go there. This is ridiculous. I was not expecting to look like a fool until the next update. I am very very unhappy with this look...give it to the engineer or something. Far too disappointed.
    The level 35 plat operitave armor makes you look like you are barfing!
    I make my own sigs now.
    Click here to see all my characters.
    Flashgunner is back!
    Click here to see my shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol. My commando is female and titan tech armor looks amazing on her. I'm sorry but it's just the guys who look awkward with it.