Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices so low already? Come on guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Prices so low already? Come on guys.

Listen, I understand supply and demand. I get it, so don't just put "supply and demand" and be done with it. The market prices are insanely low for epic weapons, boots, and arms already. It's been a day. The newest best armor that we know of is selling for 5-10k depending on the item...

Just because people aren't buying your items doesn't mean undercut everyone and keep driving prices down. They aren't selling well because people aren't level 35 yet. It's been A DAY. Think a bit here. All this undercutting already is going to have prices down to 50 credits for sleeves like in Slouch-o, but at this rate, it'll be by sunday.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Sweet thats what i like to hear something i can afford

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

4. The Following User Says Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Listen, I understand supply and demand. I get it, so don't just put "supply and demand" and be done with it. The market prices are insanely low for epic weapons, boots, and arms already. It's been a day. The newest best armor that we know of is selling for 5-10k depending on the item...

Just because people aren't buying your items doesn't mean undercut everyone and keep driving prices down. They aren't selling well because people aren't level 35 yet. It's been A DAY. Think a bit here. All this undercutting already is going to have prices down to 50 credits for sleeves like in Slouch-o, but at this rate, it'll be by sunday.
    What u implying? To me it supply and demand as usual.
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Supply and demand.

You can't make a logical argument against it if you want to make money.

People would rather sell now at a lower price, especially when the supply is high, rather than increase the price by 200-300% more and not sell at all.
    Last edited by ProSophist; 10-21-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    Supply and demand.

You can't make a logical argument against it if you want to make money.

People would rather sell now at a lower price, especially when the supply is high, rather than increase the price by 200-300% more and not sell at all.
    +1 Suggesting that sellers raise prices arbitrarily in order to make money is colluding, and it's not good for anyone. Think of it this way... if there were items that you wanted to buy, you surely wouldn't want the sellers artificially raise the prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Good thing I sold early! I made like 72k in one day!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    I get a drop and it's not an item that I can use, so there are only two options: sell it or keep it. If I sell it now, even at the lowest market value it's a gain. Creds that I can use to obtain something that is of more value to me personally. If I keep it, time passed allowing the market to become saturated with said item and me losing credits by the day, hour or minute. Remember that some players buy in anticipation of things, no matter if they have a toon that can use it or not, so thinking prices are being driven down simply because a player cannot put the gear on is a bit off.

All this undercutting is simply because a player got a new item and wants instant gratification in terms of currency not gear, so they place their items lower than the lowest expecting it to sale but another of the same item drops and is placed in auction even lower. It's a vicious cycle but it's driven by the market becoming flooded or in the worst case scenario two players in an undercutting battle. It's the price that we pay to have a free and open market like this and if you dislike the way it is run, appealing to the players to potentially lose money in hopes of more in the future isn't going to suit everyone.

It could be the fact that players went from futuristic high tech gear, to something that looks like a scene out of Mad Max (Eng excluded, I kind of like that one). Maybe the new look isn't reeling in the players in this scene where everyone is complaining about vanity; imagine there are plenty who are willing to overlook the upgrade in stats just to avoid the downgrade in appearance.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-22-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I fail to see how low prices are a bad thing. I would think this would give everyone a chance to buy good gear, thus benefitting the community. I don't mean to sound offensive in any way, but your post sounds pretty greedy to me.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I agree with jay. I think this is a good thing and wish pocket legends was like this but oh well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I fail to see how low prices are a bad thing. I would think this would give everyone a chance to buy good gear, thus benefitting the community. I don't mean to sound offensive in any way, but your post sounds pretty greedy to me.
    I get where your coming from.. but imagine players who get a Glyph drop etc and they went to the market to find that all that hard work was for nothing because the prices were so low. (Farming would be redundant) PL would collapse IMO.

Though if you are lucky the Helms and Chests are pretty low drop rate atm.. best way to farm is lvl 5 or 4-5.. both selling between 60-80k.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-22-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

stop being greedy inflation sucks the prices are fine the way they are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Can't help it if the economy in Star Legends is equivalent to that of the United States. Its high, stocks are good then BAM there goes my 401k! *shakes fist* Maybe our government is controlling the Star Legends economy. Soon they will let Korea bring in goods for 8% cheaper! We must retaliate! Lower the drop rate! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Thanks,
    -Rodvik

*Give Thanks If this post reflects your feelings.*

=D

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodvik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Hmm... its strange when the sloucho levels came up the prices of everything skyrocketed (like 5000c for the level 26 shield on the first day, which was not a bad buy come to think of it :P)... drops from these levels are low priced (I got an entire level 32 op set for less than 800c) then they have been fluctuating pretty wildly, everyone buys and sells mats, and some people regularly lowball the auction house by dumping purps at 60 creds... at such times those who have been hanging on to items hoping they get a better price start dumping all their stuff too, in the hope of getting whatever money they can, which is what seems to have happened with the new drops I can sell my low level yellows for anywhere between 130-250c which is a lot more than I manage to get for my level 30 purps and greens lol...the level 30-33 yellows and greens are sure to get good prices later on when more people have capped, the same as level 26 shields cost a bomb now
    Last edited by Slant; 10-22-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:457486
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I get where your coming from.. but imagine players who get a Glyph drop etc and they went to the market to find that all that hard work was for nothing because the prices were so low. (Farming would be redundant) PL would collapse IMO.

Though if you are lucky the Helms and Chests are pretty low drop rate atm.. best way to farm is lvl 5 or 4-5.. both selling between 60-80k.
    what you said is true about farming but not every player gets a drop from farming so i dont think the game would collapse. I think people wouldnt be able to have as much of an advantage over other players just because they have alot of gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

i have a seller toon hes crazy and will undercut you just to sell stuff i looted because its a 100% profit as i looted it and im not reselling.
    undercuting only hurts those trying to buy and flip items not people selling looted gear. even if you sell a looted item for 1 cred thats 1 more cred than you had before!
    just my 2cent.
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post

Sounds more like there's a 'problem' with drop rate more than anything else. The reasons why glyph items remain fairly high priced is that they are still fairly rare, and PL exists much longer than SL, so higher prices are normal (more gold/credits in circulation). Lots of people farm for glyphs, but the market is still not flooded like it appears to be in SL for current end game items. People in PL complain about high prices and low drop rates, while you are showing discontent with the low prices in SL (and I assume higher drop rates). There will never be a way to make everyone happy IMO.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Lol @ you all calling me greedy.
    You don't understand the concept of greed.
    I have hardly any money at all.
    Even with prices already so low, I can't afford more then 3 parts of the armor.
    This is called "I've paid my dues and have played the hardest levels for these drops, and I want something in return equal to more than I've spent on stim packs"

This example of supply and demand is like trying to sell college level textbooks to a bunch of 3rd graders. It's not that they won't ever use them, it's that they can't yet. By putting these items for so low, we're cheating ourselves out of money just to make that quick buck.

Meanwhile, people who get vanity drops are running around with millions of credits. Just because I'm not lucky and can't get a vanity drop doesn't mean I'm greedy for expecting more for my drops. People have to make money, that's one of the only things to do in this game. You want me to keep tanking all these games I'm playing?...something has to fund my stims and power packs.

Like cut me a break here, I haven't made ANY money since hitting lvl 30. I've been hovering around 60k for like 6k kills. Stims go fast for a tank. Plus, like 50k of that money was my brothers he gave to me lol
    Last edited by Kahlua; 10-22-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I used "you all" loosely, instead of writing everyone's name.
    Greed is wanting more money then you'll ever need, and to keep wanting it.
    I need to fund my playing. If I can't afford stims, I can't play. Simple as that.
    As of right now, I'm losing money with every level I'm playing in.
    I get a drop, if it's commando gear I keep it. If it's not, I either keep it for an alt or try to sell it.
    If it's selling for absolute junk money, well then I've maybe bought stim packs for another day of farming.

Wanting money is not being greedy. If I'm using upwards of 100+ stims a run (1-5), I expect to make some of that back. It would be greedy if I just wanted that money to let it sit in my stash with the 45 sets of epic armor and the 300 vanities I was hoarding.

You know, this could all be avoided if engineers healed more....lol jk don't even start on that topic. Although I have been making a list of engineers I'll never play with again. One actually told me he doesn't like to use empathy is fights because it wastes his mana and he doesn't want to use mana packs. What a team player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've seen this happen in every game with a virtual economy. The rise and fall of prices are happening as expected. Now if only I sold when people needed the items I have, but I needed them myself.

AL - Frostine: Sorcerer | | | PL - Frostine: Ench (70)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Just because people aren't buying your items doesn't mean undercut everyone and keep driving prices down.
    Everyone has the right to post the items they own at the price they want to sell it at. As much as I despise undercutting myself. There is not much you can do. I had made a suggestion in another thread which I am having a hard time finding right now. But it was that there should be auction history. When you go to list an item a history of sales for that item becomes visable with max price,low price and average price that it had sold for. As for your being upset about not making any money once hitting 30. You are not alone. Here is a nice guide that may help you with that problem.

Edit: Upon further reading my suggestion was in the thread I have linked here.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 10-22-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance