Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prices so low already? Come on guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol have you even seen vanity prices now?
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

All purples besides helmet and chest are listed for under 3k now.
    All materials are around the same, even cheaper.

Come on. Scaled drops please.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    All purples besides helmet and chest are listed for under 3k now.
    All materials are around the same, even cheaper.

Come on. Scaled drops please.
    Yup way to many now.. hopefully when full Pink sets are released the rates will be scaled and alot less drops.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I think the auction system is annoying. They should of made it where you can set up some sort of shop and sell items from shop and add taxes. This would make people less likely to lower prices since they actually have to look for a good deal. This also prevents under cutting because auction house makes you pay to put up an item. People are less willing to give up credits or gold if the item does not sell. Some people make the item a severely low price to ensure the sale. This is just my opinion, but I can also see how some people like this system.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    I think the auction system is annoying. They should of made it where you can set up some sort of shop and sell items from shop and add taxes. This would make people less likely to lower prices since they actually have to look for a good deal. This also prevents under cutting because auction house makes you pay to put up an item. People are less willing to give up credits or gold if the item does not sell. Some people make the item a severely low price to ensure the sale. This is just my opinion, but I can also see how some people like this system.
    I like the idea of just selling items to a shop for a set value. Make the drops worth a certain amount, and have the shop buy them for that amount. Even have the shop prices update based on the flow of that item that day, but not a huge fluctuation like there is now. Then have us buy gear from this as well. A lot of people will be mad and won;t stand for this because it basically eliminates merchanting.

Or do something where we supply the stock, but the game decides the buying price? Like based on how much stock there is, the suggested price changes? Give us like a buffer zone to list the prices. If the supply is very high, the middle price drops and the buffer with it...but not by like 10k every day like now...You can still make money by manipulating the market, but the prices won't drop at this astounding rate.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Ok guys come on now, this is ridiculous.

Undercutting by 25k when there's 3 items on the market? All 3 listed within the last 30 minutes. There was 1 when I listed and he undercut me immediately after (only by 1k, whatever).
    That's just ridiculous. This is obviously the rarest Operative weapon because when the drop appeared I had NO idea what it was. Why on earth would you undercut someone by so much? Especially someone you're friends with (consider yourself removed). You really need money that fast that you'll sell for that price? Didn't you make 300k off of drops yesterday or something? Want to know how much money I have? I have 3k. I don't have a complete 35 armor set. This is my first purple drop other than my titan arms, which I am currently wearing.

I hope your weapon sells for 60k. I really do. Because now mine are also listed at 60k. Why 60? Because I'm not a jerk who undercuts by a huge amount just to get some quick cash. That's how prices get drive down, and that's why most of the purples are now just barely over 1000 credits. This is supposed to be epic gear. It's supposed to be expensive and only affordable by those with cash. The plat people who buy credits supply the cash. Let them supply and let everyone benefit the most from their wealth.

*Note - I did not take this picture. Javier did for me.

Edit: ANNNNNNDDDD you undercut me again. I made mine the exact same price, and you cut it 10k more to 50k. You're pathetic. Lock this thread, it's just going to turn into a flame war.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 10-23-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

If I had one of those pistols and ran across those listings, I would have posted it at 40k. I have no money into it. Other than the price of listing, it's all profit. Of course, I'm not one to squeeze every single credit out of someone just because I think I can.

-----
    Sent from my Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No kidding, you get a drop and set a starting price of 65k? when things liquidate for 1-5 credits, and you get mad that someone undercuts you with a price thats still high, these purples should be no more then 20k max. in 2 weeks they will be 10k. Get over it.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breadkeeper View Post
    No kidding, you get a drop and set a starting price of 65k? when things liquidate for 1-5 credits, and you get mad that someone undercuts you with a price thats still high, these purples should be no more then 20k max. in 2 weeks they will be 10k. Get over it.
    It costs 20k to UPGRADE the item. Upgrading an item adds hardly any stats. Therefore, by that relationship only, these prices SHOULD be all over 20k. If you read my thread, you'll see I mentioned MANY times that the majority of the credits currently in game are bought with platinum. You can liquidate to your hearts content, but people are just going to buy hundreds of thousands of credits.

In 2 weeks they'll be 10k? In 2 weeks they'll be worth 50 credits. Arms, legs, and most of the weapons are all under 2k right now. It's been 3 days.
    Those guns are one of the few "rare" purples left, since there aren't scaled drops and every purple drop is now a lvl 35. There's 3 on the market. There are a LOT more than 3 operatives. More people are getting 35 by the hour. More people will need these weapons. Hardly anyone farms the last boss because the level is hard and everyone wants to get 35/36 ASAP. This means the purples he drops will continue to stay rare(r) for the time being. Sell them for 20k? Why not make everything 10 credits! Free items for everyone! Everyone gets the best gear, yay! They're rare, not everyone should be able to afford them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Because if I sold them for 10 credits I would lose money from the listing cost. 25 credits maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:459067

Undercutting by 25k when there's 3 items on the market? All 3 listed within the last 30 minutes. There was 1 when I listed and he undercut me immediately after (only by 1k, whatever).
    That's just ridiculous. This is obviously the rarest Operative weapon because when the drop appeared I had NO idea what it was. Why on earth would you undercut someone by so much? Especially someone you're friends with (consider yourself removed). You really need money that fast that you'll sell for that price? Didn't you make 300k off of drops yesterday or something? Want to know how much money I have? I have 3k. I don't have a complete 35 armor set. This is my first purple drop other than my titan arms, which I am currently wearing.

I hope your weapon sells for 60k. I really do. Because now mine are also listed at 60k. Why 60? Because I'm not a jerk who undercuts by a huge amount just to get some quick cash. That's how prices get drive down, and that's why most of the purples are now just barely over 1000 credits. This is supposed to be epic gear. It's supposed to be expensive and only affordable by those with cash. The plat people who buy credits supply the cash. Let them supply and let everyone benefit the most from their wealth.

Edit: ANNNNNNDDDD you undercut me again. I made mine the exact same price, and you cut it 10k more to 50k. You're pathetic. Lock this thread, it's just going to turn into a flame war.
    I was wondering why you needed that screenshot lol. Glad i could help you get it.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think the gear quality may play a part here, too.

When sloucho came out I ran to the plat store to check the stats of those items, then to the crafting stations to check the stats of those items. Quick conclusion was that Custom Atomites will be my offense and good overall gear (better overall than the plat) and plat gear will be inferior and secondary, but useful as a defense gear (high dodge). As a result, it was clear that mats and atomites were really needed and I had to farm them furiously. This conclusion turned out to be more true than I expected, when I first put on full customs and noticed the smoke from +1mr and extra mana. The +1mr really made my day.

When shipyard came out I did the same, but this time the conclusion was that the custom atomites and the new plat gear will suffice. The new engineer plasma tech gear just doesn't cut it (+9 armor, -35 mana, not a trade I will make sorry). I dunno its bonus yet, but it'd have to be pretty big to change that. As a result I dumped pretty much everything I had and got, mats, new drops, what not, while the prices were and are reasonable. (demand)

Only the shields have to be obtained by farming, but they're easily gotten from the piss-easy sy3. From which the arms and legs drop too in such an abundance that they and shields will inundate the market, or already have to a lesser extent. (supply)

On the other hand, the sy5 is slow and more difficult than the others, as it now seems like some purps only drop there, they will remain reasonably priced.

I don't see a problem in market behaviour, quite the contrary, but I do see a problem with the new craft gear simply being not good enough. Well, I guess it's good for sts with 30 a piece plus a gun or two (both of which again are better bought from there). Well, the engies had it good the last time, I hope others did better this time around as I haven't had the time to compare the plat sets with blade techs and titan techs yet.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Grats Mitsu on getting that as a drop in our run, loots hard to come by.

Funnything is despite him undercutting you 25k, you probably would have eventually sold that at 85k if you would have been patient enough. But it seems the way you have been acting about this whole issue, youre in the same boat as all of us, we want instant gratification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Wouldn't have sold for 85. The person who had his at 84 still had his at 84 this morning, with a few listed under him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Wouldn't have sold for 85. The person who had his at 84 still had his at 84 this morning, with a few listed under him.
    I've known of at least 3 that have gone for 80 - 100k.

Because guildies are like holy crud I sold Bladefin for "x amount".

I guess its all about the right time for a buyer.

As some people say though, I guess we can look at the CS as a "dog eat dog world." It wont ever change no matter what game you play, all au tion houses are the same. I can only imagine how the Real Money Auction House is going to be in Diablo 3 when it comes out.

Also realize the best time to catch people online are from 3pm EST - 3 am EST so try and sell within that time range if you want to find a high priced buyer. Just a tip.
    Last edited by Rodvik; 10-24-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodvik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Because if I sold them for 10 credits I would lose money from the listing cost. 25 credits maybe.
    I'd undercut you and list at 15 lol

Gimme dem creds!

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodvik View Post
    I've known of at least 3 that have gone for 80 - 100k.

Because guildies are like holy crud I sold Bladefin for "x amount".

I guess its all about the right time for a buyer.

As some people say though, I guess we can look at the CS as a "dog eat dog world." It wont ever change no matter what game you play, all au tion houses are the same. I can only imagine how the Real Money Auction House is going to be in Diablo 3 when it comes out.

Also realize the best time to catch people online are from 3pm EST - 3 am EST so try and sell within that time range if you want to find a high priced buyer. Just a tip.
    Sold them for 60k last night, the majority of which is going towards stim packs for my other accounts and for my PIF guild member so I can keep my perfect KDR and still hold off the blows from the new kids . I feel bad for the kid who held at 84 like he's supposed to. He's going to keep getting undercut, especially with everyone learning that farming the 5th boss with a 35 in your party is the way to make money now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    I'd undercut you and list at 15 lol

Gimme dem creds!

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk
    *rage* meanie!

-----
    Sent from my Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Dont bother so much and list for as long u can. Definitely will be able to sell when there is no items left.

I sold my comm armor for 100k in abt 7hrs.

Better to sell now then later when the items are more and prices are drop.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sold them for 60k last night, the majority of which is going towards stim packs for my other accounts and for my PIF guild member so I can keep my perfect KDR and still hold off the blows from the new kids . I feel bad for the kid who held at 84 like he's supposed to. He's going to keep getting undercut, especially with everyone learning that farming the 5th boss with a 35 in your party is the way to make money now.
    All I see here is some ranting and raving for not getting as much money as you'd like to get from a new item.

Looking at that screenshot. Those fins ain't worth 80k. I myself might have put it up for 50k or less. Not caring one bit about your artificial prices of 84k and 85k, which I would've considered too high to begin with. If you think the 60k or a 50k was too cheap and more could been made, then you buy it off and make the profit margin you think there is. I've done that hundreds of times. But with these new items, I'd rather make the sale than get stuck with the item and being forced to sell the next day half the price. They will plummet, everybody knows that.

I'm sorry, but all this "*snif* I'd make more money if you guys didn't sell your junk so cheap" is just silly.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire