Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default true story about Bod

First, a small back story about me.

I am an Engineer. As an Engineer it is my job to disarm harmful explosives. This is just about my only job besides repairing armor and being a field doctor. It's not exciting but it pays the bills and i love it.

On with the story.
    So, I was called to action at the shipyards to defuse the proximity mines that these nutty alien loving cultists had laid out everywhere. Whatever, I'm not here for the politics, just a paycheck. When I arrive I was introduced to the team leader who went by the name of Bod, a commando.

Oh great I thought. Another football quarterback with bright sparkly teeth. To my surprise, Bod was actually nice and very receptive... Almost too nice. Introductions were short with the rest of the team as we quickly stimmed up and moved out.

We worked our way through the cultists until we reached the first prox. Mine. Now, it was my turn to earn my keep. As the fighting unsued around me I slipped into a deep trance- like focus centered on the prox. Mine. It blipped. I moved in quickly knowing I only had a few moments to disarm it.
    As I had removed the coverplate and was snipping wires I realized that it had become quiet around me. Then it happened. I felt a sudden and sharp pain in the back of my head and collapsed onto the ground. I was able to retain consiousness but was not in any condition to move. Through sheer willpower I managed to roll over onto my back and saw my attacker. It was Bod, standing there with a pipe wrench laughing like a mad man on a stim rush. "ALL YOUR PURPLES BELONG TO ME" Bod screamed as he ran away. That was right before the prox. Mine blipped again and all went black.

So here I lay in the blackstar infimary writing this with my one arm as a warning to all Engineers, beware of Bod...

...True story
    35 engi (epicchilidog) / 30 ops (epicchilibowl)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EpicChiliDog For This Useful Post: