Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestion - Make New Halloween Vanity Tradable....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Question suggestion - Make New Halloween Vanity Tradable....

Looking around the forums and talking with people in game I have seen A LOT of Disgruntled players because of the Halloween vanities. Everything from the way they were released, to how random they are, and mostly to how so many feel ripped off because they spent so much plat trying to collect them all. I personally have never been one who was afraid to spend plat in this game, but after this fiasko with the Halloween vanitys I for one will be more weary in my spending. My suggestion is not to give everyone refunds or make it to where STS losses any of the money that they have made in the venture of capitol. I just want them to simply make it right with the people that pay their bills. With that said I as many players would just like you make the new vanities tradable. I have spent 600+ plat to own these things trying to collect them all so let me truly OWN them and do with them what I like? Some people like myself have purchased over 30 plat packs trying to get them all and still don't have the horns, while others have bought 10 plat packs and have 4 horns but no shield, ect ect .... Make these things tradable and we all get what we want? You get to keep your money and we get to finish our collections by selling and trading the pixel items we have spent so much money on.

any thoughts or feedback on this is appreciated.
    Last edited by TANKKAAR; 10-24-2011 at 03:48 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I am not a collector or a vanity kind of guy, but you have a good point. You paid for them with real $$$, you own them, so why shouldn't you be able to trade/sell them? I can understand it if it is a 'vanity' like the CoP or Shield of Hallows that is tied to a level, but just the general items? Agreed.

It's like spending money to buy a car, and then the manufacturer telling you that you can't sell it, trade it, or give to anyone else except to your alt/little bro or sis

EDIT: The only reason I can think of that STS has them locked as non-tradeable....is the unfortunate possibility that you would see people selling them for gold in game and then you would have the whole possible fraud angle of people buying plat items for gold in game. Fake example: Guy A tells Guy B, "hey go buy ten plat vanity packs, I willz give you 100k goldz" and Guy B does because he/she has a lot of plat....then Guy B goes to find Guy A and says "Ok I bought you ten plat packs of stuff, where is my gold you promised?" and Guy A disappears, and then Guy B goes to STS saying he was scammed and then there is an issue. Or am I mis-thinking/over-analyzing this?
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 10-23-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: I iz stoopid
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I completely understand what you are saying about these and I think refunds should be given to people who have lost out from this system like you. I don't think STS will ever make them tradable however as people could then effectively but these packs for the sole purpose of selling the item they get for gold which would undermine system of buying gold for platinum in the store. For example in the store 250000 gold is 700 plat yet one of these items if made tradable could be worth more than that for 20 plat. I know hardly anyone buys gold for platinum in the store but I believe this would be the reason STS would give.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vildax View Post
    I completely understand what you are saying about these and I think refunds should be given to people who have lost out from this system like you. I don't think STS will ever make them tradable however as people could then effectively but these packs for the sole purpose of selling the item they get for gold which would undermine system of buying gold for platinum in the store. For example in the store 250000 gold is 700 plat yet one of these items if made tradable could be worth more than that for 20 plat. I know hardly anyone buys gold for platinum in the store but I believe this would be the reason STS would give.
    This is probably a better answer than what I gave as to why they are non-tradeable....but no one was forced to buy anything as far as vanity packs. STS doesn't have to and shouldn't give refunds to something that is completely optional to buy, unless they promised that every plat pack would have certain items in them....which they didn't.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    The only reason I can think of that STS has them locked as non-tradeable....is the unfortunate possibility that you would see people selling them for gold in game and then you would have the whole possible fraud angle of people buying plat items for gold in game. Fake example: Guy A tells Guy B, "hey go buy ten plat vanity packs, I willz give you 100k goldz" and Guy B does because he/she has a lot of plat....then Guy B goes to find Guy A and says "Ok I bought you ten plat packs of stuff, where is my gold you promised?" and Guy A disappears, and then Guy B goes to STS saying he was scammed and then there is an issue. Or am I mis-thinking/over-analyzing this?
    My only argument to this would be that people are selling guilds and those are purchased with plat so why wouldn't STS be ok with people selling a few vanities...lol

I completely understand what you are saying about these and I think refunds should be given to people who have lost out from this system like you.
    I even stated that I'm not suggesting a refund of plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I am so crazy about vanities
    But it just IS getting too expensive... PLS do not drain plat like that in the packs

And yes, i would very much like the tradeablility of those items. (Here i come trident!)
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I agree u should be able to sell in cs, I am not ad fortunate to buy plats, but I am good at getting gold, and I would like to he able to buy them ad cs items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Don't get me wrong I would love them to be tradable too but it's simply not going to happen as it could be abused so badly. IMO these should have been put as drops rather than plat items to freshen up the halloween event up but then STS wouldn't have made the profit they have made out of everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Don't get me wrong I would love them to be tradable too but it's simply not going to happen as it could be abused so badly. IMO these should have been put as drops rather than plat items to freshen up the halloween event up but then STS wouldn't have made the profit they have made out of everyone.
    That's what I'm saying tho! Who cares if they are tradable once the event is over? STS gets their cake and can eat it too.... They don't lose out because they get to keep the $$$, their ever faithful customers that spend cash don't wall away from this while event with a bad taste in their mouth, and then those people who just play casually or don't spend plat can have a chance too.... Ultimately everyone is happy! And really isn't that what's it's about? Keeping all demographics happy while still being able to turn a profit... My solution does that to a "T"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Im just bitter about the pinks that it gives, i mean it gave me a chunker almost exactly the same as the looted ones, >_<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I really wish these items could be tradable... Its not fair to anyone... I think we should be able to put items on cs if nothing else... I just feel sick that I spent plat on this... They made it look really cool... Blah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I agree I think all vanity should be readable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

How will they get ppl to buy the packs next year if they can be traded. Think, this gave them a lot of money so no i dont think they will

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with this because i spent over 300 plat when the halloween sets just came out so there were no horns or sheild ect. I got the pumpkin launcher and a broom i could have bought those with money in game without buying with plat. Then a few days later u guys come out with new vant items..... I just think that is messed up because me and many other people bought the sets when they first came out and wasted all our plat. I just hope they can make up with the christmas event..... Cause right now i feel like i spend lots of real life money for nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Im just bitter about the pinks that it gives, i mean it gave me a chunker almost exactly the same as the looted ones, >_<
    Yes that happened to me also its just unbeliviable. They are rushing this game with the events tgis is also another reason they need to stop with dark legands...... And btw where are the lvl 10 pinks! I have farming for hours me and my other lvl 10 friends but we only get lvl 20 pinks....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I dont rage View Post
    Yes that happened to me also its just unbeliviable. They are rushing this game with the events tgis is also another reason they need to stop with dark legands...... And btw where are the lvl 10 pinks! I have farming for hours me and my other lvl 10 friends but we only get lvl 20 pinks....
    Lvl 10 only drops during xmas event, the halloween event drops level 20 lowest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think it'd be cool if plat vanities would be tradeable for plat vanities and if plat equips would be tradeable for plat equips.
    Not sure if that means new categories for trade to divide these items groups up, but I think people would enjoy being able to trade for collections. You'd have to have an item to trade it.

Star light, star bright...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a great idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default yes