Thread: Scamming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Default Scamming?

Hi guys. i had yet another strange (and terrifying) exprience today. i was tradin and i was selling this kinetic carbaloy. i had the thought that its cs price was 6000 creds. it was out of date tho and the price had gone down to 4500. so basically i tell him that the cs price is 6222 and he checks, he then finds the real price (which i was unaware of). When he comes back to me he says "ur a scammer and a noob, you were reported for scamming".

He then goes on to say how he screenshotted me and im gonna be banned at 12:00 pm???

im confused and terrified! will i be banned, is there any way to stop this?! i am genuinely scared. i have spent hours already levelling and making friends. it would suck to be banned.

Sorry bout my multiple threads on scamming but i am slowly learning, and going through many problems along the way.

-ND
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

You won't be banned. You're allowed to charge whatever you want for an item in a trade. It's unethical to tell someone an item is worth more than it actually is, and you should try to be as truthful as possible. But if you didn't mean it, no harm done.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:459099
    You won't be banned. You're allowed to charge whatever you want for an item in a trade. It's unethical to tell someone an item is worth more than it actually is, and you should try to be as truthful as possible. But if you didn't mean it, no harm done.
    thanks... i wish like a dev could confirm this. i was properly scared because he was a lvl 35 and he didnt look like some random noob. :devastated:

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

You didn't scam him because you never completed a transaction. Like I said, it's unethical to try to trick someone into making a trade, but if nothing occurred, you'll be fine. This was probably his way to try to scare you into trading him the item for cheaper.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:459099
    thanks... i wish like a dev could confirm this. i was properly scared because he was a lvl 35 and he didnt look like some random noob. :devastated:
    As Kahlua said, you won't be scammed. Overpricing isn't a scam. Please refrain from using the word noob. Tyvm
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

all i can say is PHEW. *wipes sweat from forehead*

oh btw javier thx for the help ingame!!

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

What's "the real price"? It's worth whatever someone's willing to pay for it. As Kahlua said, no worries--you can charge whatever you want. If people don't want to pay it, they don't have to. Have no fears. And whenever someone makes a report, the Devs go in and see what was actually said by all the involved parties. I'd refrain in future from telling people it's X amount in the CS. One, scammers do that after they put something in the CS at a ridiculous price to get an almost equally ridiculous price selling it "live". Two, even though you check and there's one in there at, say, 5000 credits, by the time you say it's 5000 credits in the CS, someone could've listed it far cheaper.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You need a good reason to be banned and thats not a good one +you didnt even sell the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi:459122
    What's "the real price"? It's worth whatever someone's willing to pay for it. As Kahlua said, no worries--you can charge whatever you want. If people don't want to pay it, they don't have to. Have no fears. And whenever someone makes a report, the Devs go in and see what was actually said by all the involved parties. I'd refrain in future from telling people it's X amount in the CS. One, scammers do that after they put something in the CS at a ridiculous price to get an almost equally ridiculous price selling it "live". Two, even though you check and there's one in there at, say, 5000 credits, by the time you say it's 5000 credits in the CS, someone could've listed it far cheaper.
    good argumant. never thought of it like that. thanks :grateful:

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    oh btw javier thx for the help ingame!!
    Np
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.