Thread: (Re)Introducing: The Pocket Legends World League; (PLeague)!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Default (Re)Introducing: The Pocket Legends World League; (PLeague)!

Name:  Season 1 Introduction Banner.png
Views: 463
Size:  54.7 KB

Introduction:

It's finally beginning! This is the third iteration of my league idea for Pocket Legends and I couldn't be more excited by all of the responses I'm getting in-game. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed designing it, even though it's taken me around 3 years to get this far. I know there has been a little bit of confusion here and there, so the goal of this thread is to clear everything up and start getting everyone ready for the qualifying tournament.

I'll start with a simple FAQ, then at the end of the thread you will find a link to the official ruleset that I encourage everyone to read thoroughly. I know it's a lot of words, but every section I typed plays an integral part in making the league work the way I want it to.

The most important thing that I want everyone to understand is that the league is designed for the teams; you guys are in charge of (almost) everything, not me! If you guys are unhappy with how the game is playing, you have the power to initiate discussions and vote on banning gear or items. It's flexible and can adapt to however the teams want to play the game. My whole intention is to get rid of the constant complaining about this item or that class and for every team to have an even playing field.

Q&A:

Moth, why does it have to be at L.100? Why can't my L.61 participate? Level 100 PvP is terrible!

This is by far the most frequent comment I got from people, which I expected. It was a hard decision for me to pick a level because I had so many people requesting different things, and I knew I would have to compromise at some point. I ultimately chose L.100 because: (1) It's endgame, and by far the most active PvP community as of now. (2) Not everyone has a twink, and if they do they might not be able to afford gear for it quite yet. (3) I was worried that if I started the league at a low level (like I did last time) that nobody would sign up (which is what happened last time). And (4) I wanted to take advantage of the excitement around Ghost's Clash of the Couples tournament since there was a lot of interest in that.

I read the rules, why did you ban x item?
    My response will probably default to one of three answers: (1) Not everyone has access to it, (2) It creates an unfair advantage for whoever uses it, or (3) there are too many variables involved and I will not be able to ensure that everyone has similar stats. (3) especially pertains to rings.

I read the rules, but I'm still confused about x topic. And what the heck are pro points?
    Come talk to me in-game or shoot me a PM. I'm more than happy to go over these specifics with you. The only reason I won't be answering these questions here is to avoid further confusion with other players.

Rulebook:

Without further ado, here is the official rulebook for the PL World League! Please read it and ask questions, it is essential that everyone is on the same page before we begin. I uploaded the document as a .pdf to Dropbox, but if for whatever reason you can't open it please find me in-game or PM me here and I will find a way to get it to you!

CLICK ME!

Last edited by Mothwing; 09-13-2017 at 12:25 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post: