Thread: Variable Stats on Items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Variable Stats on Items

Hey!

This is a suggestion, maybe has been brought up before.

What made me and still makes me play the same game and the same levels over and over again, is the quest for perfection. I like hunting for items and I like trying to find perfect items. People like me that are willing to spend the time and the cash to gather a set of equipment that is above average will most likely agree. For me it is part of the excitement of playing a MMORPG where grinding and farming is an important part of the game. I noticed that most high-end items have fixed stats. Why not make them variable? Seems to work for most mainstream MMORPG, for example I played Diablo for 10 years and never got bored, because in that game there was always the chance that you could find THAT unique rare items that could make you rich. You always had something to look for even if you had every single item in the game in your possession.

I understand how hard it would be to code all the items but maybe in the future something like that could be implemented and would most likely keep some people playing longer.

So Basically

- Adds alot of depth to trading and the market
    - Makes for extra excitement
    - People don't get bored farming for the same items over and over again
    - Extends the life of a game since people are always striving to improve their equipment.
    - Gives a chance to less hardcore player to hit the jackpot and levels the economy.

Just my 2 cents.

Could even add platinium item (expensive) to re-roll stats of an existing item. ($$)
    Last edited by Takezaki; 10-23-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

No. Don't like this. Sorry.

Lots of games do this and it turns the game into major major pay to win, especially with that item for re-randomizing stats (Makes it pay real money to win). The game ceases to be casual, and turns hardcore.

On the one hand this is an ok idea, but on the other hand no. Everybody would be hunting above average items and throwing out the average or below. We have rarity. That's enough right?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

The pay to re-roll might not be a good idea I was just trying to bait the developpers haha I really threw that out there. You missed the big picture I think.

On the other hand this brings your post down to one argument that I feel is not very strong. People DO use under-average items, and regarding elite items it would still mean that the item would be good, just not ''PERFECT''. The point is, some people do spend alot of time playing and are willing to shed some coins and time to get some extra points, and for me, that's what make a game worthwile to spend hours upon hours doing the same things, ''Perfecting''. But I accept your opinion.
    Last edited by Takezaki; 10-23-2011 at 11:52 PM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

In a way, they already have this with scaled drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    In a way, they already have this with scaled drops.
    Aware me? Unless you are talking about the Type I II III IV, etc.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

deep thinking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki View Post
    Aware me? Unless you are talking about the Type I II III IV, etc.
    Taking a character into a zone (for example a level 26 into that studio level. Sorry, don't play SL so idk the name lol) with everyone in the party lower than or the same level as you and killing all the badies and getting level 26 loot from the boss (given you clear until the boss' threat is white since white threat level = same level)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Oh ok, doesn't sound like variable stats to me. Though.

Would like to hear more opinions.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Minor variable stats sounds good. Small enough to not drastically improve a character but different enough to appeal to minmaxers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lots of games do this and it turns the game into major major pay to win, especially with that item for re-randomizing stats (Makes it pay real money to win). The game ceases to be casual, and turns hardcore.

On the one hand this is an ok idea, but on the other hand no. Everybody would be hunting above average items and throwing out the average or below. We have rarity. That's enough right?
    This game already has hardcore players demanding mainstream mmorpg qualities. And every single game that offers variable items and gear sets has items that are almost completely useless for no other reason that to help create currency. I love this idea. Because for people like me that enjoy playing casually it gives me a chance to obtain items either through real money or blind luck that would allow me to compete on par with some who farms a level for 12 hours a day to get that one item.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s:459523

This game already has hardcore players demanding mainstream mmorpg qualities. And every single game that offers variable items and gear sets has items that are almost completely useless for no other reason that to help create currency. I love this idea. Because for people like me that enjoy playing casually it gives me a chance to obtain items either through real money or blind luck that would allow me to compete on par with some who farms a level for 12 hours a day to get that one item.
    Ok so basically you like instant gratification. Fine.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki View Post
    Oh ok, doesn't sound like variable stats to me. Though.

Would like to hear more opinions.
    It isn't. It's just about farming a version of an item that doesn't drop as commonly.

And I didn't realize I was in the SL forum. Scaled drops hasn't really applied to SL for the higher rarity items like it does in PL yet, unfortunately... (as far as I know?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Ok so basically you like instant gratification. Fine.
    It's not that I like instant gratification. It is that I like playing this game. But I also have priorities. I can't afford to spend half my day trying to obtain items. But I am still willing to support the developer. Does this mean that I should lose out on the enjoyment of joining my friends in game and being able to participate in what ever they may be doing? Your stance is for elitism. I play more than you, know more about the game than you, therefore I should get everything and you should get nothing. Not really a good way to go about things in my opinion.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

arent there ultra rare item drops to encourage grinding? the blues are there just for this right? plus with those arbiter helms up for grabs, doesnt look like we need more item spam, the current set up is awesome