Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PLA Character Spells

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,042 Posts

Default PLA Character Spells

Please provide feedback regarding Spells and how that affects your advancement.
    | | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

It could be caused from my screen protector, but i find it difficult to use the aimed spells, sometimes they don't fire and i have to keep trying and trying, will test on my iPad to confirm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,162 Posts

T 1&2 the skills feel not as important to match your tier. But as we advance deeper (even at T3), I notice the importance of having my skills upgraded to match my tier tier.

(I ran my first T1-3 p2p.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

I really like all of the spells so far - haven't encountered any bugs with them at all. In terms of progression unlocking new skills definitely affects this and it so far differs at different tiers.

With the 4 top row spells, I advanced through tiers 1-4 at a relatively uniform pace upgrading each skill as I went along so they matched my tier. I found I needed all th skills switching out heal with the other three and had a nice variety.

When I got to tier 4 I found I was stuck, and really struggled to get all the stars to get through to tier 5. I consequently unlocked two skills from row 2 and immediately completed all of the level 4 with 3 stars and then got 2 stars on each map for tier 5 on my first run through with no pet meaning that I unlocked tier 6 almost instantly afterwards.

I will probably be focusing more on getting deeper into the skill tree than levelling up the starter skills now that I have seen how much more powerful they are!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

Also - if we can only have one character per account and one account per person, is there a way for players to try out the different classes and spells, or have one toon of each class? I'm guessing that everyone has different spells depending on which option they picked and it feels a shame for each person to only be able to experience one class?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Also - if we can only have one character per account and one account per person, is there a way for players to try out the different classes and spells, or have one toon of each class? I'm guessing that everyone has different spells depending on which option they picked and it feels a shame for each person to only be able to experience one class?
    Actually I was kind of thinking about this! I was talking a bit about it in-game, but I'll echo it here:
    One thing I was thinking would be a training mode where you would get to mess around with different pets, spells and weapons with say, dummies or enemies or something like that. Originally, I was thinking about just being able to mess with weapons/pets/spells that you already had, but the idea of getting to mess with different spells as well sounds nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

I totally get it now - everyone has the exact same spell choices so we aren't missing out on any it's just a matter of which we unlock lol. Feel like there could be some sort of intro - I'm not against having a "guide" at the start who runs through these basics... skippable obviously but most people would only see it once anyway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snowfu View Post
    Actually I was kind of thinking about this! I was talking a bit about it in-game, but I'll echo it here:
    One thing I was thinking would be a training mode where you would get to mess around with different pets, spells and weapons with say, dummies or enemies or something like that. Originally, I was thinking about just being able to mess with weapons/pets/spells that you already had, but the idea of getting to mess with different spells as well sounds nice.
    Is the Gauntlet not an appropriate place to test changes? It feels like my go to when I'm playing around with new abilities or powers
    | | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

It would be nice to see more description on the skills when choosing which to unlock or upgrade.
    For example
    Range/distance
    Cooldowns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    It would be nice to see more description on the skills when choosing which to unlock or upgrade.
    For example
    Range/distance
    Cooldowns
    +1 I came here to say that more detail would be great, knowing the cooldowns beforehand I might have chosen the order I unlocked these differently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Is the Gauntlet not an appropriate place to test changes? It feels like my go to when I'm playing around with new abilities or powers
    That's a good point.
    However, I think the gauntlet still costs you your pet if it gets knocked out. This training mode I had in mind works like the gauntlet, but you're able to toy around with weapons/spells you might not have. Also, if you or your pet gets knocked out, it wouldn't reduce your gear durability, and you wouldn't have to wait for your pet to come back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

You have to wait an hour to revive your pet if it dies in gauntlet, so I always leave gauntlet for the end of a session, when everything is on cooldown. Then I play gauntlet until my pet is knocked out, then I log out - btw, how does one log out? I usually force close app.

I like the spells at lot. Actually once I started upgrading spells, I sort of use them much more than my weapon, though weapon is on auto-attack.

Also, I would prefer the pet button to be on the right, since I seem to be using my left hand for spell tapping and my right for move tapping. However, maybe an option to have spell buttons on bottom left, bottom right, or left side or right side.

Oh! I do notice that after I stomp, most times I lose auto-target/attack and sometimes get attacked a round or two before I notice.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 09-18-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    how does one log out? I usually force close app.
    As far as I know you can't log out... but then again I'm still stuck with a guest account right now, since I don't think registering with Apple/Google/Facebook is open yet (if I'm wrong and you have please tell me because I'm having trouble with this!) But I force close the app too. It doesn't bother me too much.

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

After the bump to tier 9, I noticed the higher tier spells have a longer CD time. Could you have that info displayed on spell info page?

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegirl View Post
    After the bump to tier 9, I noticed the higher tier spells have a longer CD time. Could you have that info displayed on spell info page?
    I agree, the cd times displayed on the spells info would be helpful when choosing what skills we want to combine.

Love the vortex!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Is the energy orb the only skill that goes where you’re pointing and not to the targeted enemy? That is frustrating!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloo View Post
    Is the energy orb the only skill that goes where you’re pointing and not to the targeted enemy? That is frustrating!
    I spoke with Vroom extensively about this spell the other night. It's suppose to go to targeted enemy. Super bugged ATM. I've had it go completely wrong directions. Or completely miss my target. I've had it hit my target and do no damage. As well as it went to and hit the wrong target.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zojak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zojak View Post
    I spoke with Vroom extensively about this spell the other night. It's suppose to go to targeted enemy. Super bugged ATM. I've had it go completely wrong directions. Or completely miss my target. I've had it hit my target and do no damage. As well as it went to and hit the wrong target.
    Thank god. I thought it was me and I was crazy lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    469 Posts

Default PLA Character Spells

nvm, a misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 10-08-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,162 Posts

Default Stomp

Could this spell be tweaked to push back fluffy and its cousin?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast