Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No plat for lvl 36? No problem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default No plat for lvl 36? No problem!

I just got my entire last draft deleted just as I was about to post (14 paragraphs) so I'm ticked off and I'm gonna be patient still as much as possible. Now...Hello! It's me again and with the the new lvl cap, I'm here to help people get to the lvl cap WITHOUT PLATINUM! Now I have nothing against the combo elixers, but this is to help people without platinum or scraping them off Tapjoy's chin.

First you need to plan an attack strategy! Make a group of willing people to help you do this, and figure out where to grind the 50k exp required for lvl 36! Don't forget that a full group gives an exp bonus! Now this is how I will do it along with pros and cons to help you decide. Here they are:

1. Do lvl's 1-3 in the SY
    Why? Lvl's 1-3 are easy enough for anyone to do if you can't find a good group to run with. Here is the pros and cons:
    Pros: Easy mobs and a chance of a purple in the end.
    Cons: Due to the easy difficulty, the mobs give less exp.

2. Do lvl 5 in the SY
    Why? Lvl 5 is a hard lvl to do unless you have an elite group with you! The harder mobs give more exp and can be faster grinding if done right with an effective strategy. Here are the pros and cons:
    Pros: the harder mobs give more exp because of the difficulty increase.
    Cons: because it is harder, you will need a good group to grind there. The boss can be skipped to grind faster, but it'll prevent any purple drops.

Ok time for the important part: exp gain. One run = around 100 exp per run
    (lvl's 1-3 or lvl 5 = one run)

IF 10 runs per day... You will get 1k exp per day which = around 50 days of grinding to get lvl 36!
    IF 15 runs per day... You will get 1.5k exp per day which = around 34 days to get lvl 36! That saves you two weeks of grinding!
    IF 20 runs per day... You will get 2k exp per day which = around 25 days to get lvl 36! That saves you three weeks of grinding for lvl 36!
    IF 25 runs per day... You will get 2.5k exp per day which = around Four weeks of grinding!

Now this is without using any elixers, so if you use the free ones it might boost the stats a little. I have made a small chart to keep track of my runs, but I'm still trying to find out how using photobucket so it'll be a while.

I hope this helps! Now... GO GET YOUR HELM!
    Last edited by Cahaun; 10-24-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Look good but the 25 runs a day should be around three weeks not four weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Hmm it (calculater) says I can get to the cap in little under 20 days which is 30 days subtracted from the original, and since 28 days = 4 weeks, shouldn't it be four weeks saved?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Awesome Guide Cah!

This will uplift some peoples thoughts on doing this without Plat.

Pros: Easy mobs and a chance of a pink in the end.
    Purple?

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Excellent once again rasa, now i just gotta get to 35 xD

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Ergh me losing my original draft got my grammer off and I was spacing out occasionally lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Ergh me losing my original draft got my grammer off and I was spacing out occasionally lol
    Totally understand, doubt I'd be able to re-post it taking that time to type it all out

Was the draft on the forums? (If so you can recover recent un-posted content)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:460170
    Totally understand, doubt I'd be able to re-post it taking that time to type it all out

Was the draft on the forums? (If so you can recover recent un-posted content)
    I was finished typing and I decided to move it to the player guide section using the change where to post button on the mobile app. It moved and then closed out saying I have no permission to be there. I think I stopped breathing x.x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Hmm it (calculater) says I can get to the cap in little under 20 days which is 30 days subtracted from the original, and since 28 days = 4 weeks, shouldn't it be four weeks saved?
    Currently though for the 20 runs a day you have it down as around 25 days to reach 36 but when doing 25 runs a day it takes around 4 weeks (28 days) which is more.

I would have thought that you'd do 50000/the amount per day which is 2500 which would work out to be 20ish days.

Unless I'm missing something in which case just ignore me.

Edit: O I see now it takes around 20 days to reach lvl 36 and saves you around 4 weeks in lvling time. My brain must not be functioning properly.
    Last edited by TheSnowman; 10-24-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I was finished typing and I decided to move it to the player guide section using the change where to post button on the mobile app. It moved and then closed out saying I have no permission to be there. I think I stopped breathing x.x
    Arrrrghhh!!! Lol! I can imagine! Well great job re-typing the whole thing and on your mobile? you deserve a medal or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

cool guide, exactly what I needed, wondering if there will be enough time to max cap two alts without elixrs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Now this is without using any elixers, so if you use the free ones it might boost the stats a little. I have made a small chart to keep track of my runs, but I'm still trying to find out how using photobucket so it'll be a while.
    Off topic, I know... But here's some help for this. Go to the forum on a normal web browser and click the image icon...

Name:  image_button.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  3.7 KB

You can then upload an image to STS. This is better than Photobucket because the image will never expire.

(I used this method to upload my picture.)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IBNobody For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm going for 2.5 a day but I'm just using that as my daily quota and I still ussualy get around 4k a day.
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:460195
    Arrrrghhh!!! Lol! I can imagine! Well great job re-typing the whole thing and on your mobile? you deserve a medal or something
    I hope I do! It took me over an hour lol. (Imagine using a phone keyboard X.X)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

on a side note, if you're running SY2 repeatedly with a good group, the free daily elixir will last you almost 3 passes and that's with the boss included, providing you can all gang up on him & kill him quickly. Just run around the mines at the end. Don't take the time to disarm them. That's a nice XP boost every day. If you're running SY5, the elixir won't last you til the end. With a decent group, it should last til just past the hostages, but no way will it last til the end of the boss.

I highly recommend not skipping the boss in SY2, as you'll get a lot of good weapon drops there, including the whistler, which is the best gun for the pistol/shield combo, and there's plenty of other weapons & shields that drop there, and the time spent to kill him is seconds if your whole group does it.

This has the added bonus of getting you the sleeves & boots for the lvl35 set as well, and plenty of extra drops to hand out to friends along the way. Not much worth in them to sell a lot of it, but giving them away to friends & guildies that need these items will always make you and them happy to game together! :-)
    ~Jazz Blue - LvL 36 Engineer

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JazzBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Long paragraph with some good tips! Thanks for the new info. I also heard that opening the chest before entering Von Uber's empty and most boring to be in room increases the chance of a purple. I know because two purples dropped when I tried. I am going to edit this data when I have the time. (How am I typing in this paragraph now? I am such a hypocrite atm )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The chest right before Von Uber (and all other chests I suspect) have nothing at ALL to do with drop rate/frequency/type.

I ran lvl2 literally hundreds of times, and I opened that end chest 99% of the time, and got everything from crap drops to nice purples.

I also usually open the one chest in the hallway near the greenhouse entrance that takes no extra time to get.

Both of those chests dropped varying loot from low level crud to rare materials, so if you're grinding to 36, they are well worth the effort to grab along the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I guess it is just superstition then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Rofl I was booted from a game for opening a crate
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I have yet to see any HARD evidence proving one way or the other that opening chests at any point in any run affects drops by the boss.

I've heard people have "supposedly" playtested this, but could no provide any evidence one way or the other when I asked them. Typically people that into testing the limits of the game will post significant findings here on the forums eventually. I have seen none of it pertaining to this myth.

Personal experience has shown for me, that either opening chests or doors, or not, does not affect end drops in any way. It's all controlled by RNG, and maybe a tweak here & there by the devs at times, but nothing more.

If anyone has real evidence showing this or any other myths (i.e. waving at boss, using the word rmk/remake/again in chat during the battle, etc.) to be true or false, please share.

Until I see some actual crunched numbers on it, I regard anything along these lines as 100% pure faux gold plated hooey with a saccharine core...

Again, my personal opinion. Regard or disregard at your own choice, but please don't flame. Not my intent to cause consternation. Constructive discussion always welcome. :-)