Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Suggestion* all would benifit. A PL/Sl vanity cap idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default *Suggestion* all would benifit. A PL/Sl vanity cap idea

We all love vanity, we all wish we had the time to level.....this idea is for the casual gamer.

Suggestions for New Ways of Obtaining Vanity Cap Items

*IDEA*
    My idea is simple, converting the Fallen Prince from PL and Dan "Deep Space" Sadusky from SL into permanent missions. (like the Halloween missions, but when reaching the kill limit of 49K you get your vanity for OP, ENG, Coman)

EG: a new level has been released, and the level cap has been raised and you were 5k off from meeting the deadline...how would you feel?

*REASON*
    Reason for this idea is because im a working/full time dad. and don't have the luxury to level all day/nite...would love to tho. The logic for this would be that we don't have to wait for new content to be released in both games (would stop flaming in all areas), and gives players infinite time to achieve a level cap and spend the time necessary to achieve the vanity like others did. (even players that cant afford elixirs) or if players dont want the cap vanity, they dont have to accept the mission. as new content is available and new level caps are announced, "Fallen Prince from PL and Dan "Deep Space" Sadusky from SL" will have updated missions...if you choose to accept.

In a business perspective:
    Happy players burn money and find ways to do it.
    -Gives you time to to achieve your vanity
    -Benefits the old player, because the new players still have to do the grind.
    -New players can have a chance too...we all want to collect
    -if you want an old vanity (prestigious cap), then the monsters/enemies will be updated to suit your level (will still force you to use elixers)

How to Apply this theory
    -PROBLEM-

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I'm not sure such a change would work. Say the level cap is 66. It is much easier to grind the xp if you have some lvl 66 friends mowing mobs down and power leveling you through the 56 elite level to your CoP. At the end of the day, I think the team is good with saying people who did it when it was the level cap and those who were not around can not get it anymore.
    SOLUTIONS.....

My solution...The simple solution is even if a new cap is available the quest would work with your level. Hence if a new levels are available the mission for vanity would transfer to the new levels. and if...Your not done leveling it would transfer to the next update, and the quest would activate again once you have reached the cap level in the new updates. this is how they can last forever

**Method One**
    By Fac3bon3s.....EG: quest you could obtain in Alien Oasis 3 with the NPC ( forget which level ) that handed out a quest to kill 100 bosses. Not only would this allow you something to do to pass the time. But if the quest was still available after each update you could still gain xp and such by killing the bosses on the new campaigns.

**Method 2**
    By Epicunicorns...EG:What if the vanity you receive was similar, but not the same? Say you want one of those cool CoPs, so you do some quests or grind or whatever. However, this crown has the same look and a lesser effect, and instead of having a red gem in the top, having a blue gem? The difference would save old players the anger of their vanity being so common. Everyone gets a crown, and everyone is happy! Same also goes for shields, etc

*My addition to method 2*
    having a slightly different color but not like the original and no effect if need be for future updates...so the elite members can still be valued for there dedication to the game

**Method 3 (can afford the plat, why not?) (the easy way out, but still gives a sense of accomplishment)**
    Using platinum to purchase your vanity cap, I know many would feel about this (mainly in a negative way) but the deves need income and elixir users to stay in business.
    to sum up all the XP and Elixer needed for the level cap. (this is by no means to insult of flame users spending the time needed to achieve a level cap)
    this saves time, but still gives the stuff Devs need, and thats income from us.
    (plus, it would free me and others up to help the community, and not to be selfish in what I want and I would still play even after i purchased the cap)

I hope my math is right, but this is if you a elixir user, and buying 3x elixir from guild hall (**Note not combo elixir, it reduces your time in maps tho)
    On first Level of shipyard, only using 3x elix from guild hall

**you don't get a team bonus for 5 characters** and 3x fluctuates from 2xp - 1xp. Its not a constant, so xp is variable.

My test run...I solo'ed first map on shipyard
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not fluctuating/in a perfect world

5min one map = 164xp
    30min=984xp

Total Platinum
    from guild hall------elixers 12 platinum x 51=612 platinum
    from store-----------15*57=765 platinum.

51 total purchased elixirs * 984xp= xp = 612 platinum

Time is calculated like this
    30min * 51(elixirs)=1530/60= 25.5 hours

So to level from 35-36 you need approx 612 platinum and 25.5 hours to spear
    **will be less time and plat with a full team**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are approx, and data varies lower if your in a team of 5
    Real Data---- you need 49,810xp for 61

5min=139xp
    30min=834xp

60(elixirs needed)*834xp=50,040

Platinum needed approx...12platinum*60=720 platinum
    from store 15*60=900 platinum

Time needed to level 60 elixirs*30min=1800/60= 30 hours

I would like to know how ya'll feel about this (Positive or Negative).....thanks for your support
    Last edited by octavos; 10-26-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I think it's the Fallen Prince and what do you mean by kill limit?

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pios View Post
    I think it's the Fallen Prince and what do you mean by kill limit?
    When a new map is released the level cap increases and you no longer get the opportunity to get the vanity
    **reason ppl dont ant Mt.fang released**
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I guess I'm confused (not enough coffee, I suspect). If you make the Prince and "Deep Space" permanent, does that mean everyone has to do the XP grind? As it is now, you can grind and get the helmet or say the heck with it and just play. If you attain the "extra" cap, you get a reward. If you don't like grinding, you don't have to do it, you just wait until the next cap raise and continue leveling normally. If it's permanent, everyone that hits 55 in PL would now have an 89k (if I remember correctly) speed bump between them and 56. Followed 5 short levels later by a 100K speed bump. Or a 49K speed bump in SL from 35 to 36.

I get where you're going with wanting to remove the "I don't have the time to hit the cap before the next update release" argument, as well as people feeling bad for not getting gear someone else got because they happened to start later. With it as a temporary opportunity, that enormous grind goes away after the next content update. I'm just thinking if I was a new player to PL today and hit those two obstacles back-to-back....ow.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Although I like your idea, I don't think STS would do that. Why? Because now we all use so much elix to rush to level cap to get a unique vanity item. While then, we would have all the time in the world to do that. I think elix usage, which is a huge plat-sink, would be way less that way. Although I could think of some counter arguments, I honestly believe it would lower the plat spend on elix.

Don't get me wrong, I really like your idea a lot, it's the kind of solution Tankkaar posted a while back already (he didn't make a thread about it though). It would actually allow an option to get to 56, 61, 66... the long way, and so giving you a chance to get the vanity items.

So yeah, I'm anxious to hear more opinions about this

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    I guess I'm confused (not enough coffee, I suspect). If you make the Prince and "Deep Space" permanent, does that mean everyone has to do the XP grind? As it is now, you can grind and get the helmet or say the heck with it and just play. If you attain the "extra" cap, you get a reward. If you don't like grinding, you don't have to do it, you just wait until the next cap raise and continue leveling normally. If it's permanent, everyone that hits 55 in PL would now have an 89k (if I remember correctly) speed bump between them and 56. Followed 5 short levels later by a 100K speed bump. Or a 49K speed bump in SL from 35 to 36.

I get where you're going with wanting to remove the "I don't have the time to hit the cap before the next update release" argument, as well as people feeling bad for not getting gear someone else got because they happened to start later. With it as a temporary opportunity, that enormous grind goes away after the next content update. I'm just thinking if I was a new player to PL today and hit those two obstacles back-to-back....ow.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Although I like your idea, I don't think STS would do that. Why? Because now we all use so much elix to rush to level cap to get a unique vanity item. While then, we would have all the time in the world to do that. I think elix usage, which is a huge plat-sink, would be way less that way. Although I could think of some counter arguments, I honestly believe it would lower the plat spend on elix.

Don't get me wrong, I really like your idea a lot, it's the kind of solution Tankkaar posted a while back already (he didn't make a thread about it though). It would actually allow an option to get to 56, 61, 66... the long way, and so giving you a chance to get the vanity items.

So yeah, I'm anxious to hear more opinions about this
    If you want the vanity you have to do the grind. no if and or buts....but if its a MISSION you can accept/deny to do the level cap.
    I am a new player to PL im a lv 60 there, and would love to get that awesome cap... now if it was a mission....the opportunity is still there

To Jay...
    there is other ways to increase cash flow for devs, increase plat items, add this to a subscription option, putting this option as a deal of the day giving you a time frame ect...

-if you want an old vanity (prestigious cap), then the monsters/enemies will be updated to suit your level (will still force you to use elixers)
    Last edited by octavos; 10-24-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

He mentioned you have the option to do the grind
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

See? I said I was lacking in the coffee department (and neurons and synapses, but we'll let that go). And Meowz, Octavos ninja'd you. Hmmm....so just a "gather great whacks of XP" mission doable at any time? Kind of like go get 1024 tomes/1000 snowballs/1000 yeti pelts kind of thing? I dunno. It might be workable as long as you don't make the quests part of the quest count thingie--some people really want to have all the quests done and that would be a nasty one (or group) to stick them with if they didn't really want to do it. (Of course, I feel the same way about the tomes, but there ya go.) And Jay has a valid point--it's a great little method of getting people to buy a whack of enhancers. Plus it'd be hard to convince the marketing people; they never like to give up a source of revenue and replace it with another. They much prefer having *both*. And if you make it a Deal of the Day with a time limit, you're right back where we are now

It's an intriguing idea, though, Octavos; I'm just thinking "out loud". *ponders*
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

What if it was a quest similar to the one in Pocket Legends on Ao3? If you happen to stumble upon the NPC while leveling you can pick up the quest. Kill a certain amount of bosses/mobs/whatever and then turn it in for your vanity. People would still buy enhancers to grind through the levels quicker. And when new expansion packs come out you could still pick up the quest and kill bosses on the campaigns your level pertains to. This would eliminate the need to go back to campaigns that don't reward you with experience.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    If you want the vanity you have to do the grind. no if and or buts....but if its a MISSION you can accept/deny to do the level cap.
    I am a new player to PL im a lv 60 there, and would love to get that awesome cap... now if it was a mission....the opportunity is still there

To Jay...
    there is other ways to increase cash flow for devs, increase plat items, add this to a subscription option, putting this option as a deal of the day giving you a time frame ect...

Increase plat items? I don't know about that. It would make people with less money very unhappy if they had to pay 50-100 plat for a face, helmet... You could already see the reactions when 1 item was there for 500plat. And pets are 250plat in PL now. Still not as much in SL, but still a great deal for certain people. Plat (vanity) items, are always meant to be a cheap way to distinguish your character IMO, and a stepping stone to buy some plat. That's how I bought my first amount of minimum plat, because I could buy several faces/hats.. with it.

And how is that scaling of older levels going to work? I mean, as soon as someone with a 'prestige xp' quest pops in a room of level 61-66.., who are farming a lower level, the enemy would suddenly scale? I like to jump into games sometimes just to help random people out with my high level toon. If all enemies would be scaled when someone enters with a 'prestige quest', that would become a pain.

I also don't see how it 'benefits' the old players to tell you the truth. The old players could as well feel cheated out because their unique vanity item becomes available for everyone all of a sudden. I'm not saying that I would, because I honestly couldn't care less. But seeing the whole founders helmet discussion that was going on on the forums, I'd expect similar heated discussions, where especially the old players will have to take their stance in.

But again, don't get me wrong, I might not 'sound' like it, but I'm actually all for returning the old items and giving people a chance to get them the hard way. I'm simply typing my opinion about what you said here

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The elite-cap vanity is there for those who spend the time to get it. If you don't have the time within the expansion to reach the elite-cap, then you should not get the vanity.

The idea of a vanity for X amount of kills is fine as a separate idea, why confuse the two?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to roguedubb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Samhayne has already answered this.... Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I'm not sure such a change would work. Say the level cap is 66. It is much easier to grind the xp if you have some lvl 66 friends mowing mobs down and power leveling you through the 56 elite level to your CoP. At the end of the day, I think the team is good with saying people who did it when it was the level cap and those who were not around can not get it anymore.

I <3 search function....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roguedubb View Post
    The idea of a vanity for X amount of kills is fine as a separate idea
    I agree, that would be a cool idea indeed! Especially with the new 'vanity closet'. Give us some quests to fill the darn thing up LOL

U rok, thanks!

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

What if the vanity you recieve was similar, but not the same? Say you want one of those cool CoPs, so you do some quests or grind or whatever. However, this crown has the same look and a lesser effect, and instead of having a red gem in the top, having a blue gem? The difference would save old players the anger of their vanity being so common. Everyone gets a crown, and everyone is happy! Same also goes for sheilds, etc

PL: Epicunicorns--Appllejuice--Unicornkills--Unicornseller--Unicorntwink--Spookyunicorn--Mortuis--Onehornofhate--Monokeros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I agree with Rogue on this one. I really want that Engineer helmet, but I've accepted that I just don't have the time to finish up Kahlua for the commando helmet AND get my engineer to 36. It's just not going to happen. It's an "elite" level because it's for those who kill of brain cells from not sleeping and permanently damage their wrists and eyes from slapping away at a little screen. If people can do this in a few days, I'm sure you can get an account to 36. I mean, you already have 3 accounts to 35, do you not?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns! View Post
    What if the vanity you recieve was similar, but not the same? Say you want one of those cool CoPs, so you do some quests or grind or whatever. However, this crown has the same look and a lesser effect, and instead of having a red gem in the top, having a blue gem? The difference would save old players the anger of their vanity being so common. Everyone gets a crown, and everyone is happy! Same also goes for sheilds, etc

Lol... What would it be called the "Crown of Tardiness" & "Shield of Hollow Meaning"..... Bwahaha

I'm happy they plan on keeping it the way it is currently steady one thing will remain safe from the deal of the day and maintain a symbol of exclusiveness in this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Lol... What would it be called the "Crown of Tardiness" & "Shield of Hollow Meaning"..... Bwahaha
    LOL!

Or how about the 'Crown of lazyness' and 'the shield of fake'?

Sorry, just had to post it lol

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default simple solution.

First...sorry this isnt pl....second..pls only post useful suggestions. Thz

Tanker to answer samhayne question. He doesn't know how to implement from what I read without ppl power leveling. The simple solution is even if a new cap is available the quest would work woth your level. Hence if a new levels are available the mission for vanity would transfer to the new levels. and if...Your not done leveling it would tranfer to the next update ect... this is how they can last forever
    Last edited by octavos; 10-24-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    First...sorry this isnt pl....Tanker to answer samhayne question. He doesn't know how to implement from what I read without ppl power leveling. The simple solution is even if a new cap is available the quest would work woth your level. Hence if a new levels are available the mission for vanity would transfer to the new levels. and if...Your not done leveling it would tranfer to the next update ect... this is how they can last forever
    so your suggesting that at lvl 60 the lvl 55-56 elite cap of 83k would be added to the 103k needed to attain the shield making it a total 186k?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Octavos im with you on this one dude, totally down for this. I am a new dad as well and have a job I have to go to 6 days a week, on my day off I get to watch my kid all day, which I love, but just have less time to spend 10-12 hrs a day using 1500 in plat (as I have heard in one users report, can't remember who exactly) to make the elite level. STS could just come on out and say "50 bucks for elite level". Sure it is meant to be an exclusive item for the hard core gamer, but for a full time father with a full time job I would say im as hard core as I can get, my wife gets so mad when I've got a few hours to kill and play SL, lol. Every free second I can im online. Not trying to be rude to those who spend a lot of time playing either, just saying not everybody's lifestyle fits that ultimate category, but I would still work my tail off for one of those vanities if I had more a chance to.