Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Suggestion* all would benifit. A PL/Sl vanity cap idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Taking a quest to earn the same amount of xp as past/present level cap would earn, but do it at your leisure and at any level equal to or higher. Means you still earn it the same as everybody else, but don't have to worry about time locked rewards.

I support this idea.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Is karrai the only one who gets it? Lol
    Yes tank, it would add to ur xp....remember if this was a mission its by choice....you don't have to do it. Eg: gets u 2 vanitys 86k for the hat...and 100k for the shield. Making a grand total of 182k
    Last edited by octavos; 10-24-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

To some extent, I do like this idea.

However, from a business perspective, I don't see STS considering this move.

Why? It'll lower their overall sale of platinum.
    Majority of platinum buyers buy truck loads of platinum for one reason: purchasing elixirs.
    Now that elite vanities have been introduced, players have a more valid reason to buy elixirs and reach the level cap.
    Since the elite vanities will only be available until the level cap rises again, more people would be inclined to buy platinum and use it for elixirs to get their hands on a limited item.
    People will pay LOADS of money to ensure that they will get something that no one else could.

Now let's say that those vanities do stick around for good. There will be less people spending money on platinum for elixirs since there's no good reason to rush leveling to the cap.
    They could just level like any normal player, and eventually, they will get the vanity item.
    In turn, STS would lose money because of the decrease of the platinum purchase that they are getting-- and I can guarantee you that they would not want that.

Though this is a good idea. I'm probably 60:40 in favor of your idea, but I just don't see it happening.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

For all you Dad's out there. Maybe STS devs will read this and have a Fathers Day event. Big ups to anyone out there supporting a family and still having time to enjoy them selves.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Pro pls read my post above urs. The added xp to attain more vanitys will keep players using plat elixers...eg: say Your half way done getting ur cap mission. Then an update rolls out, ur mission transfers to the new update so you still have time to obtain the vanity you didn't quite get to in last update. By that time a third vanity will be available and if you want, you could still do the missions or abandoned it.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I basically said the same as pro, in my first post. And I still think that's right.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Pro pls read my post above urs. The added xp to attain more vanitys will keep players using plat elixers...eg: say Your half way done getting ur cap mission. Then an update rolls out, ur mission transfers to the new update so you still have time to obtain the vanity you didn't quite get to in last update. By that time a third vanity will be available and if you want, you could still do the missions or abandoned it.
    You yourself said that devs would have to come up with alternative ways of getting plat, like more expensive plat items or subscriptions... I typed my counter arguments after that. As always, just expressing my opinion

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

No we get it, it's just that it's not fair to those who did it the real way.
    If people are going to spend the time to get the helmet in the allowed period of time, why should other people get an infinite amount of time? Just because you're a father and don't have the time to play hours on end (which is a good thing, family takes priority) doesn't mean the item should be made available to you. Sure you might think it's fair because everyone else will be leveling towards a new level cap while you grind away slowly the old elite cap. But it's not fair. People spend a lot of real money getting these elite levels on time. It would totally defeat the purpose of them doing so if anyone could get the helmets at their own pace. It'd be like being the king of a country and wearing a golden crown and robes to show that you're the king, only all of your subjects were given the same crown and robes a week later. Now you're not so special looking anymore, and anyone without prior knowledge of your achievements will just assume you're one of the normal people.

It's a video game where the time you play reflects your gains. If you can't play for whatever the reason, then the world is just going to keep on spinning. Not everyone is going to have the time to play enough for the elite items. That's the point. It's not a "I really want one so I should get one" kind of thing. Everyone wants one. Not everyone will get one. Just the way it's gotta be
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

This is an observation. This thread is just filled. And I mean filled with people competing with each other over the same point. If you would just take the time to read the ten or so posts below the original and expand on those points, there would be a lot less argument and a lot more agreement.

I think we can all agree we want those vanity items.

What we can not agree on is what ways are fair. Some people think it should be a quest and not a level cap. But these vanities are based on obtaining the new Elite level cap. So this thread should be changed to suggestions for new ways of obtaining vanities. IE. quests and such. In my original post I referred to the quest you could obtain in Alien Oasis 3 with the NPC ( forget which level ) that handed out a quest to kill 100 bosses. Not only would this allow you something to do to pass the time. But if the quest was still available after each update you could still gain xp and such by killing the bosses on the new campaigns. Would this not satisfy everyone?

Anyway I noticed that people were making the same argument post after post. With out regards to the fact that the person above them had made the same suggestion with minor differences in details.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 10-25-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:460385
    It doesn't matter if the exp add up, to be honest.

The fact that this will make the vanities permanently available makes a huge difference.

Putting a time restraint on the vanity helms will encourage players to rush to the level cap because once it is gone, you can never get one again. Like I said, people pay more for something that is limited. The devs know that. That's the whole point of the item being "elite."

When the item becomes permanent like you suggested, yes it gradually becomes harder to acquire, but you still can get it. HUGE DIFFERENCE. It takes away to the value and rarity of the item. Hence, people would eventually realize it really isn't worth paying.

In my opinion, it's all psychological. People value something rare or limited, and they will pay a lump-sum amount of money just to get their hands on it.

Though like I said, I like the idea in some way, but I just don't see it happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post

The fact that this will make the vanities permanently available makes a huge difference.

Putting a time restraint on the vanity helms will encourage players to rush to the level cap because once it is gone, you can never get one again. Like I said, people pay more for something that is limited. The devs know that. That's the whole point of the item being "elite."

When the item becomes permanent like you suggested, yes it gradually becomes harder to acquire, but you still can get it. HUGE DIFFERENCE. It takes away to the value and rarity of the item. Hence, people would eventually realize it really isn't worth paying.

In my opinion, it's all psychological. People value something rare or limited, and they will pay a lump-sum amount of money just to get their hands on it.

Though like I said, I like the idea in some way, but I just don't see it happening.
    Well the other reason i wanted this is because the time frame is unknown. we dont know when the update will be done...i have been trying on 3x and 4x elixir to obtain all three helms.

Elite are people who win contests, help the community, and are GOA and SG, devs creating a post for the first to reach a cap or Ardon for naming REVIT. that IMO is the ultimate symbol of elite

These helms all people who do the xp run and do the work like others did, If this dont get input, its ok....life goes on. But, IMO theirs some things you can't get by just killing stuff....there are more revered and honorable ways of achieve ELITE status my friend. Im guessing your one of the first ppl to reach a cap, if so congratz to you my friend.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-25-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

If both of you would read my post above the last two you just posted, I think my idea may satisfy both of your concerns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    If both of you would read my post above the last two you just posted, I think my idea may satisfy both of your concerns.
    YES SIR, ill change up my thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

COLOR="#0000FF"]Elite are people who win contests, help the community, and are GOA and SG, devs creating a post for the first to reach a cap or Ardon for naming REVIT. that IMO is the ultimate symbol of elite[/COLOR]

The award is for reaching the level cap, not for any of the things posted on this comment...is a hardcore players reward not a lollygag to cap and help others award, instead of everyone complaining they won't make cap go level up? I remember hankmachos posted a thread complaining he would never make cap in time...the very next day posted he made level cap...it can be done easily if your willing to put in the time and effort. It's supposed to be difficult to obtain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:460840

Well the other reason i wanted this is because the time frame is unknown. we dont know when the update will be done...i have been trying on 3x and 4x elixir to obtain all three helms.

Elite are people who win contests, help the community, and are GOA and SG, devs creating a post for the first to reach a cap or Ardon for naming REVIT. that IMO is the ultimate symbol of elite

These helms all people who do the xp run and do the work like others did, If this dont get input, its ok....life goes on. But, IMO theirs some things you can't get by just killing stuff....there are more revered and honorable ways of achieve ELITE status my friend. Im guessing your one of the first ppl to reach a cap, if so congratz to you my friend.
    I personally don't agree with your description of an elite player, buying everyone's got their own opinion about it.

And believe me, I do understand your point.
    I'm sure STS will come up with some sort of permanent quest/reward (for example, the Cyber gears in PL. Different, but you get the idea) in the future, but keep the elite vanity set from being permanent.

And no, I haven't reached the cap, good sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I personally don't agree with your description of an elite player, buying everyone's got their own opinion about it.

And believe me, I do understand your point.
    I'm sure STS will come up with some sort of permanent quest/reward (for example, the Cyber gears in PL. Different, but you get the idea) in the future, but keep the elite vanity set from being permanent.

And no, I haven't reached the cap, good sir.
    Agreeing with Pro--Leet or Pro (no offense for taking your name in vain ) or Beast or whatever is in the eye of the beholder and as far as I'm concerned, I ain't any of those. Outside of the "who has a life"/"who doesn't" nyah-nyah arguments flying as they always do, I agree with you, Oct, that there needs to be something for those who have time constraints due to the other choices they make in life, I'm just not positive that something that was made to reward for a particular effort in a particular time-frame be made available to those that don't make the same effort in the same time frame. Borrowing from PL again (sorry), it's a bit like people demanding a Founder's Helm in spite of not being Founders. No way and I say that as someone who's not a Founder. It'd be nice if SL had a nifty vanity for the beta testers--they did it, they get it, I don't, good on them!, end of story. *still pondering*
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

LoL is being a Sg not enough? I know in PL I got a helm and shield vanity for being with it from it beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow! I'm not only impressed by the idea and its presentation but by the input and feedback here I'd have to say I agree that a non-timed hardcore vanity would be cool. But I think the bonus(s) should be less than the timed hardcore vanity. Also, instead of merely having a "same item, different color scheme" theme, why not create a new vanity altogether? For example: King Spaceman's Helmet for the Hardcore would give X amount of armor meanwhile Prince Slowpoke's Helmet of Someday would give maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of the bonus of the King helmet. Give them their own distinct designs and,"Voila!" Cool prizes for everyone! Heck! For the truly hardcore, you could actually get both helmets this way! *shudders at the thought of someone that CRAZY!* LOL I think this would work well for the players and STS as the uber helm would still retain it's prestige and those with more time constraints could still get something that's above and beyond the norm. I dunno. Just my 2 Plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    LoL is being a Sg not enough? I know in PL I got a helm and shield vanity for being with it from it beginning.
    No, no Face! I was saying I think the Founders deserved the Founders Helm and I'm happy as heck that STS gave them some recognition. I'm talking about the people saying it was unfair that they didn't get one--of course they don't get one, they weren't Founders. I was agreeing with the stance that if you weren't a Founder, you don't get a helm. Same as if STS comes up with a nice item for the Beta testers--I think that's a great idea and it wouldn't give me heartburn at all. I'd be happy for the Beta testers.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberius View Post
    Wow! I'm not only impressed by the idea and its presentation but by the input and feedback here I'd have to say I agree that a non-timed hardcore vanity would be cool. But I think the bonus(s) should be less than the timed hardcore vanity. Also, instead of merely having a "same item, different color scheme" theme, why not create a new vanity altogether? For example: King Spaceman's Helmet for the Hardcore would give X amount of armor meanwhile Prince Slowpoke's Helmet of Someday would give maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of the bonus of the King helmet. Give them their own distinct designs and,"Voila!" Cool prizes for everyone! Heck! For the truly hardcore, you could actually get both helmets this way! *shudders at the thought of someone that CRAZY!* LOL I think this would work well for the players and STS as the uber helm would still retain it's prestige and those with more time constraints could still get something that's above and beyond the norm. I dunno. Just my 2 Plat.
    Normally I would never want something permanent. like the elite cap vanity, but there is three different looking vanity's which look awesome. IMO like PL, having one helm to represent the cap level. but since there is three, Collectors such as myself and others would love a chance to obtain these rare items.

*Im trying just like others to obtain these items, so in no way is this a easy task*

After all this is a suggestion thread.

EDIT
    Also added another method #3 see first post.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-26-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added method 3