Thread: *Suggestion* all would benifit. A PL/Sl vanity cap idea

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default *Suggestion* all would benifit. A PL/Sl vanity cap idea

We all love vanity, we all wish we had the time to level.....this idea is for the casual gamer.

Suggestions for New Ways of Obtaining Vanity Cap Items

*IDEA*
    My idea is simple, converting the Fallen Prince from PL and Dan "Deep Space" Sadusky from SL into permanent missions. (like the Halloween missions, but when reaching the kill limit of 49K you get your vanity for OP, ENG, Coman)

EG: a new level has been released, and the level cap has been raised and you were 5k off from meeting the deadline...how would you feel?

*REASON*
    Reason for this idea is because im a working/full time dad. and don't have the luxury to level all day/nite...would love to tho. The logic for this would be that we don't have to wait for new content to be released in both games (would stop flaming in all areas), and gives players infinite time to achieve a level cap and spend the time necessary to achieve the vanity like others did. (even players that cant afford elixirs) or if players dont want the cap vanity, they dont have to accept the mission. as new content is available and new level caps are announced, "Fallen Prince from PL and Dan "Deep Space" Sadusky from SL" will have updated missions...if you choose to accept.

In a business perspective:
    Happy players burn money and find ways to do it.
    -Gives you time to to achieve your vanity
    -Benefits the old player, because the new players still have to do the grind.
    -New players can have a chance too...we all want to collect
    -if you want an old vanity (prestigious cap), then the monsters/enemies will be updated to suit your level (will still force you to use elixers)

How to Apply this theory
    -PROBLEM-

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I'm not sure such a change would work. Say the level cap is 66. It is much easier to grind the xp if you have some lvl 66 friends mowing mobs down and power leveling you through the 56 elite level to your CoP. At the end of the day, I think the team is good with saying people who did it when it was the level cap and those who were not around can not get it anymore.
    SOLUTIONS.....

My solution...The simple solution is even if a new cap is available the quest would work with your level. Hence if a new levels are available the mission for vanity would transfer to the new levels. and if...Your not done leveling it would transfer to the next update, and the quest would activate again once you have reached the cap level in the new updates. this is how they can last forever

**Method One**
    By Fac3bon3s.....EG: quest you could obtain in Alien Oasis 3 with the NPC ( forget which level ) that handed out a quest to kill 100 bosses. Not only would this allow you something to do to pass the time. But if the quest was still available after each update you could still gain xp and such by killing the bosses on the new campaigns.

**Method 2**
    By Epicunicorns...EG:What if the vanity you receive was similar, but not the same? Say you want one of those cool CoPs, so you do some quests or grind or whatever. However, this crown has the same look and a lesser effect, and instead of having a red gem in the top, having a blue gem? The difference would save old players the anger of their vanity being so common. Everyone gets a crown, and everyone is happy! Same also goes for shields, etc

*My addition to method 2*
    having a slightly different color but not like the original and no effect if need be for future updates...so the elite members can still be valued for there dedication to the game

**Method 3 (can afford the plat, why not?) (the easy way out, but still gives a sense of accomplishment)**
    Using platinum to purchase your vanity cap, I know many would feel about this (mainly in a negative way) but the deves need income and elixir users to stay in business.
    to sum up all the XP and Elixer needed for the level cap. (this is by no means to insult of flame users spending the time needed to achieve a level cap)
    this saves time, but still gives the stuff Devs need, and thats income from us.
    (plus, it would free me and others up to help the community, and not to be selfish in what I want and I would still play even after i purchased the cap)

I hope my math is right, but this is if you a elixir user, and buying 3x elixir from guild hall (**Note not combo elixir, it reduces your time in maps tho)
    On first Level of shipyard, only using 3x elix from guild hall

**you don't get a team bonus for 5 characters** and 3x fluctuates from 2xp - 1xp. Its not a constant, so xp is variable.

My test run...I solo'ed first map on shipyard
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not fluctuating/in a perfect world

5min one map = 164xp
    30min=984xp

Total Platinum
    from guild hall------elixers 12 platinum x 51=612 platinum
    from store-----------15*57=765 platinum.

51 total purchased elixirs * 984xp= xp = 612 platinum

Time is calculated like this
    30min * 51(elixirs)=1530/60= 25.5 hours

So to level from 35-36 you need approx 612 platinum and 25.5 hours to spear
    **will be less time and plat with a full team**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are approx, and data varies lower if your in a team of 5
    Real Data---- you need 49,810xp for 61

5min=139xp
    30min=834xp

60(elixirs needed)*834xp=50,040

Platinum needed approx...12platinum*60=720 platinum
    from store 15*60=900 platinum

Time needed to level 60 elixirs*30min=1800/60= 30 hours

I would like to know how ya'll feel about this (Positive or Negative).....thanks for your support
    Last edited by octavos; 10-26-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post: