Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Star Legends Player Video Guide Event Rules!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Just found out today about this contest lol, luckily it's a holiday for me so I spent my whole day on this:/
    I know some things may be rusty, so I apologize in advance, I'm not very good at explaining things:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TLe2ZTek14

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    Just found out today about this contest lol, luckily it's a holiday for me so I spent my whole day on this:/
    I know some things may be rusty, so I apologize in advance, I'm not very good at explaining things:P
    For a first attempt that was pretty good, there are a few things that I would like to point out if thats okay,

Your Voice was pretty low, hard to understand what you were saying, and the music was louder than your voice (Had to turn my volume to 100% and still could not make out what you were saying at parts). Pretty basic information, did not include as much as possible from what's required/suggested in the OP. If you are just looking for the vanity then fair enough but if you want a shot at winning I would edit and script what you have said in your previous submission and make sure that you are talking very clear and precise.

I do disagree whole heartedly that what you said about the Premium char, to be able to get the best gear at such an early level helps massively! I have known players to get up to 25-30 with just this gear alone (excluding the weapons and extra armour at certain levels. 11 Auction slots, extra inventory slots and a load of stim n pp's and a little credit to get you started is very generous at the price STS have it on offer.

Hope this helps, and good luck

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

@trollee... liked urs the best so far, the voice is very clear this time around, no clipping even and you have covered everything with just the right amount of depth to give new players a real head-start... good work
    but but your old video also had a unique charm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    For a first attempt that was pretty good, there are a few things that I would like to point out if thats okay,

Your Voice was pretty low, hard to understand what you were saying, and the music was louder than your voice (Had to turn my volume to 100% and still could not make out what you were saying at parts). Pretty basic information, did not include as much as possible from what's required/suggested in the OP. If you are just looking for the vanity then fair enough but if you want a shot at winning I would edit and script what you have said in your previous submission and make sure that you are talking very clear and precise.

I do disagree whole heartedly that what you said about the Premium char, to be able to get the best gear at such an early level helps massively! I have known players to get up to 25-30 with just this gear alone (excluding the weapons and extra armour at certain levels. 11 Auction slots, extra inventory slots and a load of stim n pp's and a little credit to get you started is very generous at the price STS have it on offer.

Hope this helps, and good luck
    Thanks, I kinda rushed it, mainly for the vanity (shhh I only have one vanity in SL so far...)
    I did forget about the other benefits for an elite character which I do enjoy, just that the armor does not satisfy me after lv10:/
    Do you think I could edit mine and send it again? I'll lower the volume by a lot to make sure people can hear.
    Thank you for the constructive feedback

EDIT: Do you think there's enough information for it to qualify? I made sure to include every topic they asked for but might has missed out on one...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Thanks, I kinda rushed it, mainly for the vanity (shhh I only have one vanity in SL so far...)
    I did forget about the other benefits for an elite character which I do enjoy, just that the armor does not satisfy me after lv10:/
    Do you think I could edit mine and send it again? I'll lower the volume by a lot to make sure people can hear.
    Thank you for the constructive feedback

EDIT: Do you think there's enough information for it to qualify? I made sure to include every topic they asked for but might has missed out on one...
    No problem, glad you are willing to listen, wasn't to sure how you would take it (Great quality, and gets you far in life)

So I re-watched, and to be fair the first time around I skipped bits because I could not hear you clearly, my bad. But as far as im aware I didnt see any parts within it that mentioned how you;

Needed!
    Move (Virtual Joystick)
    Auto Shot (Lower right icon)
    Turn the camera (swipe on screen from left to right or vice versa)
    Use skills (press on the skills to the lower right of the screen)
    Interact with doors and such (Tap on the screen where the little green icons are shown)

Additional tips (No room, no problem)
    Guilds, Guild chat, Guild halls. (Officer chat as an addition)
    Recover items (that you have sold by accident)
    Change target (by simply pressing on the target that you want to shoot at)
    Customize your options (Though in OP helps new players alot)
    If you have time a quick preview of your main, to show of how cool you can become and the higher level gear.
    Access to nexus, and features within, FORUMS support and what not, not heard much about how the Devs listen to feedback and consider implementing the idea's, how they throw annual fun events, in which you can acquire 'Holiday' items etc

You need to explain it as you would be using a phone or handheld device*

(If some of the above was added I apologise as I couldn't hear the whole thing

Like that you added the pre-set haven't seen much of that being used.

Last bit of advise, is try not use words like "random *stuff*" 'stuff or thing' takes just as long to explain what it is e.g. Random 'Stuff' on character creation (Random customization, Random option),or another, "see that thing up there" (See that blue icon below the levelling bar, or See the blue icon to the top left of the screen.

Re-submitting

If you want to work on the above, (especially scripting) and submit another within the time limit that is fine buddy. Send the next to the fun email as stated in OP and make sure you rename it Version 2
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-26-2011 at 05:53 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

WOW! Thank you so much for that. I have already edited my old video and lowered the volume and will take a few more clips.
    The reason I forgot quite a lot was because I was using the Chrome version and I'm not very familiar with it. I do have SL on my ITouch but I have nothing to record it with.

I think I might totally revamp my video. I wasted quite a lot of time running back and forth. And scripting...I will try my best

Yeah, sorry for the bad explanation (stuff, thing etc.) I will definitely remake it, and include what you have put on needed and if I have time I will script and edit it more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

WOW! Thank you so much for that. I have already edited my old video and lowered the volume and will take a few more clips.
    The reason I forgot quite a lot was because I was using the Chrome version and I'm not very familiar with it. I do have SL on my ITouch but I have nothing to record it with.

I think I might totally revamp my video. I wasted quite a lot of time running back and forth. And scripting...I will try my best

Yeah, sorry for the bad explanation (stuff, thing etc.) I will definitely remake it, and include what you have put on needed and if I have time I will script and edit it more.
    Not a problem, hope you found the advise helpful I'd rather you had a fighting chance than just making the submission

Great, look forward to seeing the re-vamped version now buddy
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-26-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Not a problem, hope you found the advise helpful I'd rather you had a fighting chance than just making the submission

Great, look forward to seeing the re-vamped version now buddy
    Bod, you mind doing me a favor and reviewing mine too?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Bod, you mind doing me a favor and reviewing mine too?
    No problem buddy will edit after I have watched your newly submitted version

Is it this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDM-PuOfQoQ
    Last edited by BodMaster; 11-26-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Wow, not much I can add to that buddy, you've done an amazing job re-vamping your vid, compared to your first submitted. A blast of information just enough to not confuse people, and the difference within your voice and umm n ahh's totally been removed!

Only thing that I can possibly comment on is the intro explaining who STS are etc, seems to be a tad low maybe hard to hear without the volume up high. Though after that very clear and precise, improved after every edit.

Other than that, Great job buddy!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Wow, not much I can add to that buddy, you've done an amazing job re-vamping your vid, compared to your first submitted. A blast of information just enough to not confuse people, and the difference within your voice and umm n ahh's totally been removed!

Only thing that I can possibly comment on is the intro explaining who STS are etc, seems to be a tad low maybe hard to hear without the volume up high. Though after that very clear and precise, improved after every edit.

Other than that, Great job buddy!
    So you think it's competition with Trollee's? I want that R.I.V.E.T because there is noway I'm buying it for 500 plat! Hehe

ETA: Okay, thanks for the advise about the intro! I'll duck it some more to make it clearer, perhaps redo a voiceover for that section and duck the soundtrack a bit. Thanks, bud!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    @trollee... liked urs the best so far, the voice is very clear this time around, no clipping even and you have covered everything with just the right amount of depth to give new players a real head-start... good work
    but but your old video also had a unique charm
    Thanks a lot!
    Is it the song?? Lol, both clips have a song made in GarageBand. The difference is that in my first video the soundtrack is just one built in melody repeated over and over. And in my second video I "composed" (not sure if that is the right word) the soundtrack by compiling different tracks and melodies together.
    Thanks for your feedback =D
    Trollee [41] Trollix [40] Trollex [40]
    Trolley [25] Trolli [20] Trolly [15] Trolle [10]

<Fashion Police> <Twink Inc.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Finally I re-vamped my original vid
    The Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger tutorial presented to you by Beanmachine
    *Drum Roll*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcJxMOfm98

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

how in the world do u get in game footage on a device? you can have this game on a comp???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenokills View Post
    how in the world do u get in game footage on a device? you can have this game on a comp???
    Yep, via account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends on a Google Chrome browser. Make sure to have your Google Chrome updated to the latest OS.

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

This contest has ended!

Congratulations to Challa on Winning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fO5zDVpcYI

--------------------------------

For the contest conclusion announcement, please see this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...215#post497215
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Congratulations Challa!! Version 2 was awesome!

Great job to all who participated it has been fun being a 'video' critic while it lasted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks to BodMaster and the other forum members who gave us their encouragement and critiques!
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks to BodMaster and the other forum members who gave us their encouragement and critiques!
    Thanks Kal, had alot of fun seeing a not so good video, turned into an amazing vid, with all the hard work put into the newer versions.

All entries were very helpful, and I'm sure you guys had fun and learnt alot along the way, never know maybe found a new skill or two that you never knew about along the way