Thread: Understanding Threat levels for Scaled Farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Understanding Threat levels for Scaled Farming

Threat levels are represented in the little cirlcle to the left of the enemy health bar. For leveling these give different amounts of experience points (xp): red=2x xp; yellow=1.5 xp; white=1 xp. (as noted, Nuri's only gives 1:1) And you may see other colors that I am no longer clueless about with their effect on gaining xp: blue, green, and grey. For scaled farming these colors are very inportant. In most situations you will want the boss to be showing white. Below will be some screen shots showing various colors. I understand some of you will be on devices that make it very hard to see these colors, I hope to have the amount enemy also needed to help get the color threat you want.

In a nut shell
    Basically the colors mean this:
    Red: two drop levels higher than you are (ie, level 15 toon + red threat = level 17 drop)
    Yellow: one drop level higher than you are (ie, level 15 toon + yellow threat = level 16 drop)
    White: same level drop as you are

Exceptions to the Norm
    But there are exceptions in this rule: ie, you are in Wyldwood map 3 attacking Hammer Fist with a level 13 toon (soloing or with all level 13's) and you are after level 15 drops...Hammer Fist will show as yellow threat. No matter if you clear the dungeon before attacking him it's going to always be yellow. For level 13 toons this is actually better because then you do not have to kill as many enemy before attacking Hammer Fist, only get him to show at 17 enemy left. Your drops will be level 15 regardless of the threat. This is because Wyldwood is for levels 15-20, you can enter at level 13 and gain xp up to level 22. So a level 13 toon in a map that starts for level 15 toons is more dangerous, thus the yellow threat with Hammer Fist. This applies to most maps, if you find one that acts differently let me know.

Variations to get the desired result
    This will apply to most maps again. Using Wyldwood map 3 and Hammer Fist as an example:
    1 level 15 toon = needs 15 enemy showing
    2 level 15 toons = needs 10 enemy showing
    3 level 15 toons = needs 8 enemy showing
    4 level 15 toons = I think you need to clear the map as I have not experimented much with this many toons in the map
    Note: If at some point someone gets agro from Hammer Fist and he is showing a yellow threat, then drop out of the game and rejoin. This will reset him allowing you to finish removing the desired enemy count. I have seen where everyone had to drop out because Hammer Fist would agro onto the next closest person. Just make sure one person stays in the dungeon while the rest are rejoining so you do not lose your hard work in removing enemy.
    Note 2: When farming for scaled drops some map sets will scale according to your level, but others will scale as you move from one map to the next. Example 1: In the Forest Haven map sets you can solo all of the first five maps and get the same level drops as your level indicates as long as you clear the map. Example 2: In the Dark Forest map sets each map goes up one level in the drop system, (ie, map 1 + level 10 toon = level 10 drop; map 5 + level 10 toon = level 14 drop). This why I only farm map 1 of Dark Forest, I'm not after the level 11-14 drops only the level 10 pink, purple and greens which command a much higher price.

Below are some screen shots showing variations in the threat levels.

Level 1 toon soloing Forest Haven threat yellow

Level 1 toon with two level 4's in Forest Haven threat red

Level 4 toon soloing Forest Haven threat yellow

Level 10 toon soloing Forest Haven threat white

Level 30 toon soloing Forest Haven threat grey

Last edited by im4broke; 10-24-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to im4broke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Man, I wish I could show this to the people who were farming Haunted yesterday with 20 toons and not waiting until the boss showed yellow before attacking him. level 25 drops
    Uepauke
    PL mage (66) and SL engineer (25), also Loonybird (65) in PL and others
    Alterran Royal Guard and The Farmers' Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

With the king the items are scaled to 25 when a player higher than 20 is in the team. If the player/s are 21, defeating the enemies before the boss scales the items back to 20.

And a note to the OP, the threat level to xp gained does not apply with nuri's. Only 1xp is always received per kill.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Still in the context of Haunted and level 20 drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    With the king the items are scaled to 25 when a player higher than 20 is in the team. If the player/s are 21, defeating the enemies before the boss scales the items back to 20.

And a note to the OP, the threat level to xp gained does not apply with nuri's. Only 1xp is always received per kill.
    Thanks, Red, that's exactly what I was trying to explain to them, that, since they were level 20s, they needed to clear. Level 20s also get 25s if the threat level on the boss is red.

It also depends on the number of people and their levels in the group, generally, as the OP says, the more people in the team, the more mob you have to kill to get the boss threat level down, (added) unless they are mostly/all level below level 20. For instance, if you have a team of people below level 20, you can rush to the boss.

Oh Oh--and for under 20s, your threat level will usually be red, but you will get level 20 drops... confusing, huh?
    Last edited by Uepauke; 10-24-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    Uepauke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thanks on the Nuri xp, I think I got those figures from an old posting by Tankkaar.

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uepauke View Post
    Still in the context of Haunted and level 20 drops...

Thanks, Red, that's exactly what I was trying to explain to them, that, since they were level 20s, they needed to clear. Level 20s also get 25s if the threat level on the boss is red.

It also depends on the number of people and their levels in the group, generally, as the OP says, the more people in the team, the more mob you have to kill to get the boss threat level down, (added) unless they are mostly/all level below level 20. For instance, if you have a team of people below level 20, you can rush to the boss.

Oh Oh--and for under 20s, your threat level will usually be red, but you will get level 20 drops... confusing, huh?
    100% lv 20 drop rate for a team of 1-19's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Great guide for scaled farmers! Good job!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Lovenus has the exact levels HERE if you want to add them, you have a bit he doesn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

100% lv 20 drop rate for a team of 1-19's
    *slaps head*

That's perfect hahaha!

I teach, therefore everything sounds more complicated than it should...
    Uepauke

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uepauke View Post
    It just means your toon is far below the level of the campaign. It normally doesn't apply anymore after they put level restrictions on maps.

The true drop threat level will only be perceived by the highest level toon in the instance.

As for blue/green/grey, the differences in xp are most likely miniscule fractions of an xp. More than anything else they give you a hint as to how close you are to not getting xp any longer in that current campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Lovenus has the exact levels HERE if you want to add them, you have a bit he doesn't.
    Thx...I edited it into "no longer clueless"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks, drew, it's why I have been using my lvl 10 because there's less need for me to worry about getting people to clear. It can still be an issue if a higher level drops in, but most times I've been lucky. In any case, the way to guarantee is to wait for three other under 20s to join in the manor level...
    Last edited by Uepauke; 10-24-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    Uepauke