Thread: Vanity Helmet Origins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Vanity Helmet Origins

I'm sure people are all curious as to why the vanity helmets look the way they do, and why each class has that specific helmet. Well I did a little research and have found 2 of the 3 helmets (very similar) with matching stories behind them relating to their SL character's class.

We start with the Operative:

Grey Fox is from the Metal Gear series. A short summary from Metal Gear Wiki - He's a cyborg ninja originally known as Frank Jaeger. He was a part of the "Perfect Soldier Project," during which he was trained to be a more efficient killer. The training also increased his reflexes, but at the cost of his memories and emotions, which were suppressed by a sensory deprivation water tank where he was kept any time he was not training. He received the code name "Grey Fox" after joining the military unit FOXHOUND. Fox was the codename given to only the highest ranking soldiers. Grey Fox was 'killed' by Snake, but his body was recovered and rebuilt with a special exoskeleton which was grafted to his body, turning him into a Cyborg Ninja. With this new 'suit,' he received even faster reflexes, increased strength, and the ability to cloak.

Grey Fox's speed and killing ability relate the most to the operatives damage output and damage per second, making Grey Fox's cyborg helmet a perfect helmet to build off of for the Operative's Vanity.

Now for the Commando:

The Zealot is a tyle of Protoss warrior from StarCraft. Realistically, the Zealot is more identical to the Engineer...but STS chose the helmet for the commando. So let's make some correlations. A short summary from StarCraft Wiki most relating to commandos - Each zealot is trained for decades in hand-to-hand combat, tactics, pain tolerance and martial discipline. Zealots learn to hone their innate battle rage to a fine edge, though they can invoke a near-berserker rage when in battle if need be. They form the backbone of the Protoss military. A handful of zealots can easily control an entire colony of lesser species, as they are capable of tearing through armored structures and vehicles alike.

The Zealot's ability to control the battle mixed with their pain tolerance and battle rage relates to the commandos crowd control abilities, armor boosting skill, and rage skill makes the Zealot helmet a good match for the Commando's Vanity.

And the Engineer:

STILL LOOKING!

I do not have anything for the engineer yet. Please submit ideas or pictures and I will research it.

Please note I have not played either of the two game series I mentioned, and the summaries are built from the wikipedia pages. I just copy-pasted parts of the Zealot wiki and wrote the Grey Fox one.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 10-25-2011 at 05:50 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Nice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like the commando better time to torture lol jk for everyone that didn't read jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Not bad took me back to my ps1 days right there lol "Metal Gear!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Personally I think the engineer one is one of a kind. I've NEVER seen anything like it and think its real unique
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    I'm sure people are all curious as to why the vanity helmets look the way they do, and why each class has that specific helmet. Well I did a little research and have found 2 of the 3 helmets (very similar) with matching stories behind them relating to their SL character's class.

We start with the Operative:

Grey Fox is from the Metal Gear series. A short summary from Metal Gear Wiki - He's a cyborg ninja originally known as Frank Jaeger. He was a part of the "Perfect Soldier Project," during which he was trained to be a more efficient killer. The training also increased his reflexes, but at the cost of his memories and emotions, which were suppressed by a sensory deprivation water tank where he was kept any time he was not training. He received the code name "Grey Fox" after joining the military unit FOXHOUND. Fox was the codename given to only the highest ranking soldiers. Grey Fox was 'killed' by Snake, but his body was recovered and rebuilt with a special exoskeleton which was grafted to his body, turning him into a Cyborg Ninja. With this new 'suit,' he received even faster reflexes, increased strength, and the ability to cloak.

Grey Fox's speed and killing ability relate the most to the operatives damage output and damage per second, making Grey Fox's cyborg helmet a perfect helmet to build off of for the Operative's Vanity.
    you sir made me play my op

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    Agree Kahlua kind sir xD

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Agree Kahlua kind sir xD
    I'll Kill you.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 10-26-2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: re-expressing my desire to end Bod.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:460938
    Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Agree Kahlua kind sir xD
    I'll Kill you.
    But theres no pvp yet
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Metal gear solid is awesome and anyone who says it's not i will personally kill.
    see my awesome sig

its invisible

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Handsofmyvodka:461783
    Metal gear solid is awesome and anyone who says it's not i will personally kill.
    Agreed. Also note the chainsaw gun being a nice reference to Gears of War's lovely Chainsaw Assault Rifle....

Oh how I love gaming. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post
    Agreed. Also note the chainsaw gun being a nice reference to Gears of War's lovely Chainsaw Assault Rifle....

Oh how I love gaming. XD

would you be talking about the lancer?

Lady_Pebbles

Aha! Yes, thats the one. God I need to play GoW again. Been... Too.. Long! :’(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Aha! Yes, thats the one. God I need to play GoW again. Been... Too.. Long! :’(
    Its never been too long, as long as youve been playng sts games to make up for it. and are u sure u mean lancer and not retro lancer??? jk i know. it is the lancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Oh how I love gaming. XD
    Yeah there are other things that are similar too, but this is about the helmets

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    Kahlua is a girl