Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Leaderboards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Default Leaderboards!

Something that keeps me playing these games is the leaderboards. On pocket legends, I enjoyed gathering up as many pve kills as I could to see my spot on the leaderboard rise higher and higher! It would be really cool to see leaderboards for various things other than the guantlet implemented into this game. There could be things such as pve kills, pve kill death ratio, and anything else you can think of. Also this could bring in the opportunity to have profiles with stats such as kills and deaths visible on them. And most importantly, free to play or pay to play, this would bring a lot more incentive to keep replaying maps over and over even if you've completed all maps. This truly would keep motivation for players to endlessly play the game even if they have unlocked everything there is to unlock.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Something that keeps me playing these games is the leaderboards. On pocket legends, I enjoyed gathering up as many pve kills as I could to see my spot on the leaderboard rise higher and higher! It would be really cool to see leaderboards for various things other than the guantlet implemented into this game. There could be things such as pve kills, pve kill death ratio, and anything else you can think of. Also this could bring in the opportunity to have profiles with stats such as kills and deaths visible on them. And most importantly, free to play or pay to play, this would bring a lot more incentive to keep replaying maps over and over even if you've completed all maps. This truly would keep motivation for players to endlessly play the game even if they have unlocked everything there is to unlock.
    I never rank but I do like looking at them and people's stats.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

we will keep something like this in mind, in our experience with AL a lot of those numbers became a source of hostility and toxicity within the community due to exploits and the like. Leader boards are definitely a primary area of healthy competitive gaming though
    | | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    we will keep something like this in mind, in our experience with AL a lot of those numbers became a source of hostility and toxicity within the community due to exploits and the like. Leader boards are definitely a primary area of healthy competitive gaming though
    even IF it can become toxic, at least it keeps the game alive ;-)

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I agree! Something like PL's former XP locked kills (of course more appropriate) would have me playing this game 24/7 tryina hit that leaderboard. And spending money...just the reality of it.

Follow me on Facebook! New Album out now!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    767 Posts

I really feel like leaderboards would step this game up a bit. I miss leaderboards

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,211 Posts

How about leaderboards for the most powerful players at endgame? Maybe some formula that combines offense and defense rating. This would encourage players to try to upgrade to become as powerful as possible. Maybe even have a Top 10 leaderboard for each weapon type.

I think leaderboards that simply count kills or deaths are silly, because they reward repetitiveness without any sort of real achievement. Instead, reward the players who have managed to upgrade their characters the most.

And also, there should be a leaderboard of AP leaders, just like in AL.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    How about leaderboards for the most powerful players at endgame? Maybe some formula that combines offense and defense rating. This would encourage players to try to upgrade to become as powerful as possible. Maybe even have a Top 10 leaderboard for each weapon type.

I think leaderboards that simply count kills or deaths are silly, because they reward repetitiveness without any sort of real achievement. Instead, reward the players who have managed to upgrade their characters the most.

And also, there should be a leaderboard of AP leaders, just like in AL.
    Each to their own! But it seems a fair few gamers like the Pve kill/death Leaderboard, and in this game what you suggested is also quite a good idea, so why not both types of leaderboards get implemented
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone