Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Is there no way to change the keyboard layout?

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default Almost worst controls ever

    Hi,

    Sorry for the title, but I can't think of another way...
    I know wasd is "standard" for playing mmo but did anyone try that setup on an azerty keyboard?
    azerty standard for "wasd" would be "zqsd" - Try to play with zqsd controls on a qwerty keyboard

    Same problem with 1234 to activate powers... Having to use shift-key is not very handy!

    Now I'm really happy I didn't switch to a dvorak keyboard!

    Possibility of customizing would really be appreciated!

    PS: I know i could play with the numpad, but that feels so unnatural too...
    Last edited by jupi; 01-12-2012 at 01:03 AM.

  2. #22
    Banned Otukura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,022
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    549
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    530
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jupi View Post
    Hi,

    Sorry for the title, but I can't think of another way...
    I know wasd is "standard" for playing mmo but did anyone try that setup on an azerty keyboard?
    azerty standard for "wasd" would be "zqsd" - Try to play with zqsd controls on a qwerty keyboard

    Same problem with 1234 to activate powers... Having to use shift-key is not very handy!

    Now I'm really happy I didn't switch to a dvorak keyboard!

    Possibility of customizing would really be appreciated!

    PS: I know i could play with the numpad, but that feels so unnatural too...
    Guess I'll make a tiny guide tomorrow, about how, since enough people are wanting to do it. Someone remind me.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Otukura, that would be wonderfull if you know a nice way to do this (I mean not like switching system kb to qwerty).
    Even a quick hint to which file to edit would probably be enough ^^

  4. #24
    Banned Otukura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,022
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    549
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    530
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jupi View Post
    Otukura, that would be wonderfull if you know a nice way to do this (I mean not like switching system kb to qwerty).
    Even a quick hint to which file to edit would probably be enough ^^
    Hey, made it:

    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...mapping-skills

  5. #25
    Senior Member Shaocalur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Wherever I wanna be
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:461912


    2. No shortcut known right now for stims/mana packs. Anyone who doesn't want to die a lot will likely not use Chrome to play because it takes a lot longer to use a stim pack or a mana pack because you have to slide the mouse key down to it. Yes it's a simple movement, but just clicking it with your finger is a lot faster and is almost a subconscious action at this point . If the skills and such have a shortcut, then I don't see why these can't too (unless programming it isn't possible lol).

    3. No shortcut key for avatar screen/inventory/whatever that HUB is called. I'm pretty sure as of right now all we can do is click the gear icon in the top left corner to get here, and a keyboard shortcut, while not needed, would be very nice!
    2. You can use the [ and ] keys for stims (This key: [ for the red and this key: ] for the blue.)

    3. Press "C" to goto your avatar page and "I" to enter your inventory.

    Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    I'm glad Arcane Legend is on my iPhone but I have one major issue. No way to change orientation using finger swipe like we can in pocket and star legends?? This is really problematic, and I hope I'm missing a setting.

    Thanks,
    Straticus

  7. #27
    Senior Member gison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA.
    Posts
    1,694
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    187
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    192
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straticus View Post
    I'm glad Arcane Legend is on my iPhone but I have one major issue. No way to change orientation using finger swipe like we can in pocket and star legends?? This is really problematic, and I hope I'm missing a setting.

    Thanks,
    Straticus
    Nope. StS made AL like that.
    Lel. You Fanny.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Itoopeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    3310
    Posts
    2,996
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    54
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gison:906270
    Quote Originally Posted by Straticus View Post
    I'm glad Arcane Legend is on my iPhone but I have one major issue. No way to change orientation using finger swipe like we can in pocket and star legends?? This is really problematic, and I hope I'm missing a setting.

    Thanks,
    Straticus
    Nope. StS made AL like that.
    STS will allow us to change camera angle because PvP doesnt work if you dont see where you are going. They just need to add textures to other side of maps too

  9. #29
    Member TerryDarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ashland, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    66
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    35
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Really?! I'm doubtful that enter goes to the dreadful chat i/f. I hate, btw, the fact that I have to click on an area outside of the gigantic chat area to get back to the game and sometimes die b/c of it.

  10. #30
    Banned CAK Vader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Narnia. Duh. Wishing I was: A pony
    Posts
    2,475
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    344
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    284
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryDarc View Post
    Really?! I'm doubtful that enter goes to the dreadful chat i/f. I hate, btw, the fact that I have to click on an area outside of the gigantic chat area to get back to the game and sometimes die b/c of it.
    Gr8 necro m8. R8 8/8!

  11. #31
    Forum Adept Carcinogen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your body
    Posts
    316
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    27
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    36
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryDarc View Post
    Really?! I'm doubtful that enter goes to the dreadful chat i/f. I hate, btw, the fact that I have to click on an area outside of the gigantic chat area to get back to the game and sometimes die b/c of it.
    ^^^
    Go away.

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Updated......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 03:10 PM
  2. Layout of UCS Blackstar
    By hidden_lantern in forum SL General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM
  3. Something to Kill Time - Which layout do you like best?
    By Samhayne in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 01:48 AM
  4. different layout
    By ProSophist in forum PL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 01:40 PM
  5. Forum layout change?
    By Angriff in forum PL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 06:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •