Thread: Chronicles of Fnord - Prologue - Origins of Evil

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Post Chronicles of Fnord - Prologue - Origins of Evil

Fnord is a dark place which is the new home to the Skeleton cult.
    To fully understand the great threat that Alterra was about to witness here is the summary of the notes taken after the interrogating the first Great Priest of cult: Silknight.

The objective of the cult is to re-open the portal between the Void and Cosmos. To understand how to stop these cultists we have to collect as many information as we can in order to prevent the incoming apocalypse. After the defeat of Silknight, she was imprisoned in the dungeon beneath Balefort.

The Elven enchantress Enohllim was in charge of the interrogation. The first thing she saw was the madness that was consuming her. She was not the same enchantress as she once was.
    She became a powerful beign thanks to the powers granted by the Void.

To understand fully how the transformation has changed her, it is necessary to investigate her past:

"Caasi and her mother Silknight lived alone in a small house in the forest.
    Caasi had all for helself. Drawing pictures and playing with her toys as her mom trinkets with potions and formulas with the "Coockbook of the mages".
    Life was simple and they were both happy.
    Her mom always liked to stay on the edge of the Elven Society, because ' I don't feel good staying near to them' she was saying.
    Caasi was too little to understand, but in the end she didn't care. She had all a little girl could have. A good mom always looking after her. And Playing with her too.
    Caasi was learning the basics of magic from her mother and apart from some sporadic walks in the forest, they never venture too much outside their house.
    Actually they never met any other living beign in their hermit state.
    That was until Caasi's mom heard a voice from above. Caasi was seeing something strange in her mom. She was staring in the nothingness. Even after her little baby was calling her, she was ignoring her.
    That state endured for a good hour until Silknight told her baby 'I.. Must.. go..'.
    'Where, mom? Where you must go?' Caasi asked
    'In the far east, Caasi.. I have some business to attend...' Silknight replied.
    'Why so all of a sudden, mom? I don't understand...'
    'Don't worry... I have teached you the basics of magic... you can handle it yourself while I'm gone...'
    'How long is your trip taking, mom?'
    'One month...'
    After that she took all her stuff and went to her trip without saying any other word. Even if Caasi was crying and tried to stop her mother, nothing happened.
    Caasi saw something in her mother's eyes that she ever saw before. A sense of nothingness, like if what it was talking to her was just but an empty shell.

Caasi was strong and could take care of herself. She began to encounter other members of the Elven society, against all the prohibitions of her mom.
    After an exact month, Silknight returned back and seemed finer than the last time.
    Caasi was so happy to see her mom back that she didn't asked what she did in this month. At the same time she didn't notice the runic blade that she carried with her.

She would have found out it very soon.

One day Silknight heard again the voice from above:
    'Your daughter has been corrupted by sin. She needs to be saved'
    'I'll do my best to save her, my Master' Caasi's mom replied
    She rushed into Caasi's room removing "all that was evil" from her life -toys, pictures and clothes alike-

Again the voice called to her:
    'Caasi's soul is still corrupt. She needs to be cut off from all that is evil in this world and confess her sins.'
    'I will follow your instructions, Master. I have faith in Thee' Caasi's mom replied and she locked Caasi in her room "away from the evils of the world".

One last time, Caasi's mom heard the dark voice calling to her.
    'You have done as I have asked, but I still question your devotion to me. To prove your faith I will ask one more thing of you'
    'Yes Master, anything' Caasi mom begged.
    'To prove your love and devotion I require a sacrifice. Your daughter Caasi will be the sacrifice. Go into her room and end her life as an offering to me, to prove you love Me above all else'
    '....'
    'Yes Master' she replied
    She grabbed her runic blade from the living room. Caasi watching through a crack in her door trembled in fear. She didn't recognize her mom anymore.
    She scrambled around her room to find a hiding place. She noticed a trap door to the basement hid under her rag.
    Without hesitation she flung open the hatch, just as her mother burst through the door, and threw herself down into the unknown depths below.

Even if Caasi tried all she could to escape her mother grasp, in the end, she was cornered. Her mother, fueled with the desire to serve her Master, was barely down of Caasi.
    'I will do this for my Master! I love Him above all else!' Caasi's mom repeated to herself.
    Silknight was far too strong for her and she accepted her fate. A tear went down Caasi face, but that did not stop her mother's hand."

By following her Master's will she became an acolyte to the cult. It seems that this is enough only to stay in the lower ranks of the cult. To become a great Priest of the cult you need to make even greater sacrifices, even if it is unkown what she have done to achieve this dark honor.
    We know that one of the Great priests of the cult sacrificed her entire clan. Another one made the Kings of Men turn mad and let them be the nourishment for the Void.

While Enohllim was finishing her interrogation, Silknight felt that her Master was leaving her.

A great pain and a shout.

"What happened?" Enohllim enquired.
    "He have left me" Silknight replied.
    Strange marks were appearing on her body and it seemed that it was an extremely painful process.
    "What's going on???" The interrogator asked.
    The pain was far too much for Silknight to bear until she collapsed to the ground. All of a sudden Silknight began to levitate due to a black cloud.
    For a second she regained her former sanity and she was able to say only one thing.
    "Forgive me, Caasi" said Silknight in her last moment.
    After that she was sucked in a black portal and, with that, the last records of Silknight.

The cult is awaiting for the Eclipse to come and we must stop that from happening.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 10-30-2011 at 06:57 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nazgulking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Wow! Nice story; a bit dark but I love the vocabulary and plot! Are you planning to be a writer?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Thanks for the support
    Nah, I already have my job.
    Computers are all my life, from a job perspective, so I write just for the fun of it

P.S. Besides these story have born from a suggestion of mine, to have a more deep backgroud. I have told, in the previous set of fan stories, that the leader of the Avians used the "stopwatcher" to save his people from certain doom.
    Imagine if there was a very random and rare drop called "the stopwatcher"... that would give an entire different feeling to the game IMHO

P.S.S. Am I not a Chronicler of Alterra after all?
    Last edited by nazgulking; 10-30-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

.....breathless....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xscoopx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow! This is an amazing story, keep up the good work!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zenidal For This Useful Post: