Thread: Need some advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need some advice

Ok so I am a long time PL player looking to get into SL a little here and there, I am looking to get in PL my favorite character type is a bowbear, I want to create a character in SL that is similar if that is even possible. I like being ranged but also being capable of tanking if I want to. Also is SL like PL in the sense that you can dual spec?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Nope, no dual spec in SL. Commando=tank and ability to use heavy weapons, Op=high damage, but a bit fragile, Engineer=some pretty keen damage, but also somewhat fragile. Or...Commando=tank bear, Op=pure dex bird, Engineer=mage (but able to do a fair amount more damage without having to be a pure nuke or pally).
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

If I was you I would create a Commando and use the rifles. But... if you want to tank you can use the canon or the shield heavy pistol combo. There is no benefit as of yet to disperse points in different stats. Right now your best bet is to dump stat points in your class specific attribute. ( IE. Ops stack dex and Engys stack Int.) So far it's all preference in SL. Since there are no stat requirements for gear it's pretty basic. But fun. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 10-26-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

To ads to what they said, many newer players have this problem. During tutorial disable auto level(if you want), this will allow you to put stat and skill points where you'd like. Well you probably know this, but just reminding you.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't take my word for it but in my opinion commandos have les deaths ad have a high damage and defense if you have a shield armor and especially a defense implant(get the dura-skin implant it grants you armor 50+ as well as a shield! Ops die easily but have a good attack. Eng's are very helpful and every team needs one for healing and reviving. I would personally choose a commando there very intimidating to others if you have nice armor and a tough looking weapon.
    SL:sealxreaction-Guild Master of "TEENAGERS"-lvl28 commando SL:navysealx-lvl17 eng PL:sealxreaction:lvl37 archer