Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Halloween Hunters Elixir Consistency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Halloween Hunters Elixir Consistency

Kind of a rant but let's be honest. I spent 150 plat with this elixir in hopes to getting the new Halloween Asylum shield, Death Ballon, and the Crimson Gaze shield but a 30min duration you'd expect to get at least one of these elite drops but that's not the case. What makes it even worse is that 150plat is 90minutes, thats 1.5hours but not a single one of these drops. I legit have 2-3 inventory slots filled with the bags batshields, braces, and wings yet only farmed 1 crimson shield FROM SOMEONE ELSES ELIXIR. The host half the time does not even these drops and from my experience the people who run in the party are normally the ones who are dropping them. Wouldn't a locked game or at least bonus luck for the host of the elixir be at least more logical? Even a drop increase for the elite items would do. To farm 1and a half hours for a plat exclusive item to not receive anything good is kind of absurd. Cinco your words?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

All we need is hosting who cares about anything else anymore for halloween update lol its all good now

ELITE

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,169 Posts

The purpose if the elixirs is to give you a chance to spawn the boss (or portal, etc.).

It sounds like you would like it to perform differently in the future - specifically, to give you a guarantee for specific item(s) - and I'm happy to consider that :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Firstly thank you to Cinco for increasing the Halloween Hunters's elixir to last for 30 mins, instead of expiring when the Krud Stinker appears. And for introducing the new Krud Hunters brew for 5 plat, this has made halloween maps more active.

I understand how MageFFA feels it is unfair for the person who purchases this elixir. How it is just a chance of spawning the Krud Stinker and not to guarantee any items they desire. Considering the amount of plat the user spends to loot the items they desire only to see another in their party drop the item.

I have been farming with a close friend who had spent over 3,200 plat on the Halloween Hunters' elixir to loot Halloween Asylum shield, Death Balloon, and the Crimson Gaze. He saw many in his party looting these exclusive items and him having a full inventory stash of bags, shields, braces, and wings. He only looted two Death Balloons.

My heart broke for him, so I purchased the Asylum shield and the Crimson Gaze in the consignment store for him, and he gratefully thanked me in return a Death Balloon.
    I did mention Cinco's compensation gift for users, and he did manage to receive some plat refunded. Thank you Cinco.

I understand the purchased elixir gives the user a chance of spawning the Krud stinker, and you have 100% luck reroll shamrock elixir, again it gives the user a "chance" of reroll. Ideally it would be best if there was a more expensive elixir that guarantees the user to drop the most desired items.

I wish you all the best of luck MageFFA to loot your desired items.
    Last edited by Fwend; 10-24-2017 at 05:53 AM. Reason: .

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The problem with adding an elixir that will give you the most desired item is hard to do. Items that people want changes everday. Its never condtant. It would have to be an elixir that gives you whichever of the top 3-5 most desired item in the drop table. Canr just make an elixir after "the most desired item" when that can change in a matter of hours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It is about luck most of the time. I bought 3 50 Halloween elix and got an asylum shield. I traded that in with a friend for a crimson and red death. I think the best way is when you are going with friends or in a group, have one person round up about 10 mobs and kill them using ur combos and many will spawn at once. This process wastes less of your time because all the bosses are in one spot and people in your party can kill them with you all in one swoop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I dont think we should be able to decide what we drop, sounds lame. Farming is fun, and its way more satisfying when you randomly get a good drop.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurvy For This Useful Post: