Thread: Issue with "scammers" lately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Issue with "scammers" lately

Lately I've been selling and buying a lot more than usual, and I've noticed that nowadays more people try to pull tricks like putting 1,000,000 gold instead of 10,000,000 when buying something through the trade system. I was wondering if commas could be added to make it clear how many zeros there are in a certain gold amount. If commas do get added that'd be great, because I've had about 4 people try to pull this on me this week and it's getting annoying, not to mention they just leave once exposed since they apparently didn't have enough gold in the first place, which really wastes my time. I just think this would prevent the whole scam attempt from happening, and people complaining in town that they got scammed. If they don't get added that's fine too, the extra confirmation page has it's purpose and people who are too careless to not use it for WHATEVER reason will pay, literally lol..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arvoh View Post
    Lately I've been selling and buying a lot more than usual, and I've noticed that nowadays more people try to pull tricks like putting 1,000,000 gold instead of 10,000,000 when buying something through the trade system. I was wondering if commas could be added to make it clear how many zeros there are in a certain gold amount. If commas do get added that'd be great, because I've had about 4 people try to pull this on me this week and it's getting annoying, not to mention they just leave once exposed since they apparently didn't have enough gold in the first place, which really wastes my time. I just think this would prevent the whole scam attempt from happening, and people complaining in town that they got scammed. If they don't get added that's fine too, the extra confirmation page has it's purpose and people who are too careless to not use it for WHATEVER reason will pay, literally lol..
    Wow. If your need comma to tell 10,000,000 apart from 1,000,000 perhaps you should go to school. You could even count zeros for that matter.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    Wow. If your need comma to tell 10,000,000 apart from 1,000,000 perhaps you should go to school. You could even count zeros for that matter.....
    The entire point just flew over your head. Mere trades only last few seconds and half the time people don't even tend to check. You also just forget the mere fact some of these scammers put 10m in trade then drop it to 1m without the other full on seeing it. The zeros are small that's a mere reason enough to add commas. It's common sense to easy see he knows the difference between 1,000,000 and 10,000,000 because if ye didn't he would have said he was scammed which you failed to pick up...not surprising.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Well that's typically the would be scammer's excuse, that "they're not good with numbers." I personally dont need them, if that's what you thought I was saying, I'm saying it would just be better to have them so petty people who don't have the gold to be trading with me in the first place, don't try and waste my time with a scam like that, and of course for people who could need them, so they don't spam town chat with "oh dont trust this person he scams, blah blah blah." Those 2 points are annoying and they could be prevented with adding commas.
    Last edited by Arvoh; 10-21-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

What is your problem buddy. You annoy everyone and are irrelevant to every discussion you join.

The commas are a really good idea i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

It's been suggested quite a few times. Chances are PL will see this at some point. STS has been slowly knocking out the oldest and most useful requests. Here's mine from nearly four years ago.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ht=Safer+tades

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    What is your problem buddy. You annoy everyone and are irrelevant to every discussion you join.

The commas are a really good idea i think.
    Lol! You make me laugh. Such a silly human being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Comma's are needed lol im kind of tired counting the zeros last week i almost sold my founders for 20m when it was really only 2m but i always count how many 0's there are.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Agreed, almost been scammed myself
    You should've gone for the head...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Shhhh don't ruin my money making method ������
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Great idea, bring us the commas!!