Thread: end game gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default end game gear

Hello everyone!

My mage is level 57 and I decided to start leveling her and try to get some better gear for when mt fang comes out. I'm currently rocking the enchanted staff set. I currently have 1.8 million so I know I'm going to have for the glyph and demonic prices to fall when mt fang comes out and everyone gets their new sets (either that or get really lucky with drops, haha). I was looking at Yanis' list and was trying to compare enchanted to glyph to demonic.

It looks like glyph has 2 less armor, 17 more crit and 7 more m/s than enchanted. I guess the big advantage here is the crit, which doesn't matter much to me on my mage as it would on my bird (since we have 60 crit from BoM). From looking at this I think I'll stick with the enchanted unless the prices just absolutely take a nose dive (I don't mind spamming mana pots, lol).

Here's my first question: Can anyone tell me the set bonus for demonic? It's not listed in Yanis list. I included the set bonus when comparing enchanted to glyph but couldn't include it with demonic since I don't know what it is. It seems like demonic has 8 more armor than enchanted, 7 less h/s (10 less than glyph), 13 more crit (4 less than glyph), 8 less damage (4 less than glyph) and 7 more m/s (same as glyph).

To me it looks like glyph is going to have the edge when you factor in the set bonuses.

So, I guess my main question is: do you guys think I'll be okay running mt fang in enchanted and then either getting the demonic or maybe the mt fang set? The only way I'll be able to afford mt fang gear is if I get real lucky with the drops.

BTW, I have a level 58 glyph cloth of charmin' and was looking to get the level 58 set as I level to 60 but after looking at these stats I think I'll keep the enchanted, save my money, and sell the cloth to use later.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Set bonus for Demonic staff set should be
    +5 crit, +6 H/s, +11 Dmg
    (not sure cause somehow it shows the bonus before equipping the item now)

I'd say don't invest too much gold. Wear lucky drops and maybe buy cheap Nuri Glyph pinks. You will need your 1.8 mil to afford one minor crafting component for your level 65 gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'd say sell all, buy cheap 'nuri' glyph and use that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

From JaytB's awesome comparison of Lvl 60 Demonic vs. Glyph Charmin' stats: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=Glyph+Demonic the difference for the Wand/Bracer is: 15Int, 2Hit, 8H/s, 7mana, 12Dmg, 8 armor and 13-18skill dmg and the Staff: 12 Int, 2 Hit, 6 H/s, 9 Mana, 10 Dmg, 8 armor, 11-14 skill dmg

For me the difference in Demonic was worth making the investment given that we still don't have an official release date for Mt. Fang. (A gamble on my part, we'll see how it plays out...)

Anyhow, I recommend you continue rocking out your Enchanted Staff Set to 60 (I made a similar climb using an Enchanted Staff Set for max damage/armor with a mix of Sewer and Nuri gear for my Wand/Eye load out for max armor at rock bottom prices when I was the only mage in the party) and then make the jump to Charmin' Glyph at 60. Hopefully once you get there we'll have a release date for Mt Fang and then you can make an educated decision on whether or not to go Demonic based upon a solid date vs. the high stakes poker the rest of us are playing today...

BTW, my strategy is to run my Demonic load out from 61-65 in hopes that its able to take the beating that I'm sure the Devs will hit us with. (Given that the experience curve from 61-65 is going to be North of 50K+ xp I believe I'll be getting enough value out of my set) Then I'll make the jump into whatever righteous gear they've created.

Interested to hear whatever decision you make. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelstrick View Post
    From JaytB's awesome comparison of Lvl 60 Demonic vs. Glyph Charmin' stats: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=Glyph+Demonic the difference for the Wand/Bracer is: 15Int, 2Hit, 8H/s, 7mana, 12Dmg, 8 armor and 13-18skill dmg and the Staff: 12 Int, 2 Hit, 6 H/s, 9 Mana, 10 Dmg, 8 armor, 11-14 skill dmg

For me the difference in Demonic was worth making the investment given that we still don't have an official release date for Mt. Fang. (A gamble on my part, we'll see how it plays out...)

Anyhow, I recommend you continue rocking out your Enchanted Staff Set to 60 (I made a similar climb using an Enchanted Staff Set for max damage/armor with a mix of Sewer and Nuri gear for my Wand/Eye load out for max armor at rock bottom prices when I was the only mage in the party) and then make the jump to Charmin' Glyph at 60. Hopefully once you get there we'll have a release date for Mt Fang and then you can make an educated decision on whether or not to go Demonic based upon a solid date vs. the high stakes poker the rest of us are playing today...

BTW, my strategy is to run my Demonic load out from 61-65 in hopes that its able to take the beating that I'm sure the Devs will hit us with. (Given that the experience curve from 61-65 is going to be North of 50K+ xp I believe I'll be getting enough value out of my set) Then I'll make the jump into whatever righteous gear they've created.

Interested to hear whatever decision you make. GOOD LUCK!
    Thanks for the advice! Kel, I didn't see that thread, thanks!
    To me it doesn't look like there's much of an advantage at this point to upgrading to glyph or demonic. The plan now is to level to 57 and evaluate then. I've got a nuri's cloth and helm that are level 60. My glyph cloth of charmin' is level 58 so I'll sell it. When I get to 60 I'll have to buy a staff if I want to go cheap or I may get a demonic set if the prices plummet. I don't think a glyph set will be worth the upgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Cool seeing my 'old' thread pop up here

From the top of my head, the staff set compared to enchanted doesn't offer much more in therms of protection. The crit and dmg increase however, makes a HUGE difference in total dmg output as compared to an enchanted staff set. Especially when buffed, you'll have an incredible 90'ish % crit.

As for wand/bracer, it has that same huge crit, coupled with higher dmg. So dmg output compared to enchanted wand/bracer is again HUGE. It gives you about 20'ish armor increase too, and a couple of dodge more, so also definitely a fair increase in survivability.

I'm talking about regular glyph here btw. As pointed out already, you can see demonic increases a bit (not that much though) in dmg and survivability (armor and h/s). This is definitely noticeable in PvP IMO, but doesn't 'feel' all that much different in PvE.

As for buying it now or not, I'd say level up to 60 first. Mount fang will be released around mid November (as commented on this forum by SamHayne, and a comment from the devs on Facebook). So, by the time you get to 60, prices have made a plunge downwards.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Thanks Jay! I was thinking about getting the glyph set when I can afford it but staying away from demonic. I'm trying to level now so I'll be ready when mt fang comes out. I want to be able to play the first few days when the drops are more frequent plus everyone isn't quit sure what to do or kill the bosses. Haha. I think it's fun being part of groups trying to figure that out. As it is right now I'm pretty sure I can afford nuri glyphs even if I can't get the charmin' glyphs.

Edit: ever since AO2 I've ran with a staff because it's damage is so much better than wand. I've ran with a staff in Nuri's and don't have too much problems (unless the group is just horrible). Do you think I should stay with the staff or switch to wand?
    Last edited by wvhills; 10-27-2011 at 03:15 PM.