Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions for christmas event (if you have one planned)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like the idea however having to be lvl 100 to participate is complete bs. Anybody should be able to farm those items. Not everybody has money to throw at a game whenever an update comes out, excluding a large portion of the community is not the way to do this. It should be similar to the halloween event except the drop rates will be much rarer. Like a 0.5% drop chance for white dragon pieces or even 0.2/0.1% chance. Whether you have platinum or not nobody should be excluded from an event just because they don't have the money or time to level. I understand sts needs to make money which is why they can just make a party elixir like they did for halloween & make the dungeon free to enter instead of costing platinum for once. I won't be taking any part in it if it costs platinum because I simply don't have the funds right now & Idk if I will when the event hits either. Otherwise sts should allow anybody to farm the items for free but give a much higher chance to those who buy an elixir. That would be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Youre missing the whole point of what im saying. Why do you think cinco buffed the 2h pure stat weapons? Reason: to get people to purchase them so they can be OP. And if youre saying to make these items farmable to all levels for .5% or even .3/.2. You do realize thats still 1/200 is looted. Im not about that life with literally as soon as the items come out and people know what gear is available. Immediately crashes the market. Im not gonna sit here and have people run so much like people did during halloween event and destroy an items price from lets say 20mil down to 5mil or even 1mil in less then 24 hours. Cinco wants people to buy plat. Thus being able to keep the game somewhat alive and maybe even do future events. He made it easier for other people to cap for a reason. Not my fault that people are too lazy to do maybe what 1hr worth of grinding for lvl100 a day? You will still cap in 1 week at that rate. Its not that hard to cap. People just dont want to.

If you want to give a specific drop rate for those without a plat elixir. It should be less then .01. Considering the amount of runs people will do. I will not change the level at which they are farmable. Plenty of people would come back for gear such as this. Plenty of which are capped already. So no, do not make these farmable at all level.
    Last edited by slamm3dsoc13ty; 11-20-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So youre saying i want it to be exclusively only for lvl100 just so i can make gold off of it?? NO!!! Youre not even close. I want these items to be extremely rare. You dont see EVERYONE running around in a black dragon set do you? No you dont, because it was exclusively for pre BSM cap and only available to lvl71s at the time. Plenty of people farmed it and plenty of people capped just to have a chance at farming it. I dont want EVERYONE i see in a town wearing white drag sets all the time. If we are gonna make a non plat dungeon in any case. Make the drop rates significantly lower. Id suggest plat dungeon is .5% for any of the loot i specified. The free dungeon should be .01% chance considering the amount of runs people will do in the free dungeon. Most of PL's player base is free to play. You still have a chance at getting this loot but at a lower percentage.

The dugeon i suggest reskinning would be slayer. Buff his HP/Armor. Toss out the slayer loot table. Add the loot table i provided with tweaks of course. Add finam/term/ultam and crafting supplies as needed. BOOM new dungeon. Maybe even change the backround color to it snowing and not lava like the original slayer is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Yep. This is roughly what players have wanted for years and I hope the content gets implemented. I'm not holding my breath though. It's long overdue, but no evidence shows that this is coming anytime soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I fully support the op's request. Would be a legendary dungeon. Well done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slamm3dsoc13ty View Post
    Youre missing the whole point of what im saying. Why do you think cinco buffed the 2h pure stat weapons? Reason: to get people to purchase them so they can be OP. And if youre saying to make these items farmable to all levels for .5% or even .3/.2. You do realize thats still 1/200 is looted. Im not about that life with literally as soon as the items come out and people know what gear is available. Immediately crashes the market. Im not gonna sit here and have people run so much like people did during halloween event and destroy an items price from lets say 20mil down to 5mil or even 1mil in less then 24 hours. Cinco wants people to buy plat. Thus being able to keep the game somewhat alive and maybe even do future events. He made it easier for other people to cap for a reason. Not my fault that people are too lazy to do maybe what 1hr worth of grinding for lvl100 a day? You will still cap in 1 week at that rate. Its not that hard to cap. People just dont want to.

If you want to give a specific drop rate for those without a plat elixir. It should be less then .01. Considering the amount of runs people will do. I will not change the level at which they are farmable. Plenty of people would come back for gear such as this. Plenty of which are capped already. So no, do not make these farmable at all level.
    It is laughable that you think you can decide what lvl it will be farmable. The amount of pieces that will be dropped is something like this. 50 people run the dungeon for 24hrs, 10 days straight. The average time of a dungeon run will be 1 minute as the speed ring won't work in the dungeon & neither will reroll in this theory. With a chance of 0.1% to loot an item that means 720k dungeons would have been run in that time frame & 720 pieces would enter the game. This is rng however so it could be more or less, not all 720 pieces are going to be 240 perfect sets, there will most likely be 20 - 150 sets that enter the game. That isn't very many. So I really don't see what your issue is with what I have suggested.
    Those who buy a potion will have a rate of 0.2%. No one said anything about these items being super common. Even at a 1 in 200 chance that isn't a common loot. I don't see why you think that only a select few should have access to the set, you aren't special mate. Get off your high horse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

A selected few got access to the black set. How do you think the lower levels feel? During pre bsm for black dragon gear, there were people who did 1000 runs for the ichur quest and still didnt get a single piece. Youre saying make a free dungeon so STS once again cant make a decenr amount of money in plat sales? NO! You may have a mostly free player base but you cannot make those drop rates for those who buy plat and those who dont that close. No one would buy plat if those drop rates were that close. I know i wouldnt. These drop rates need significant differences for those who are free to play and those that purchase plat often. As i stated before. Cinco is trying to get people to purchase plat. Thus making a plat dungeon with way better drop rate will make people buy plat. It always boils down to a buisness stand point in the end with this game nowadays. Cinco is one of very few who still work on this game. I would like to see this game brought back to life with gear such as this. I have drop rate ideas that i think will work for both parties. Plat dungeon (.4% chance or 1/250) free dungeon (.15% chance) more people are free to play. Purchasing. Plat will give you a better chance at getting these items. But if you make these open to all levels. Its not hard to cap now.
    Last edited by slamm3dsoc13ty; 11-21-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

A selected few got access to the black set. How do you think the lower levels feel? During pre bsm for black dragon gear, there were people who did 1000 runs for the ichur quest and still didnt get a single piece. Youre saying make a free dungeon so STS once again cant make a decenr amount of money in plat sales? NO! You may have a mostly free player base but you cannot make those drop rates for those who buy plat and those who dont that close. No one would buy plat if those drop rates were that close. I know i wouldnt. These drop rates need significant differences for those who are free to play and those that purchase plat often. As i stated before. Cinco is trying to get people to purchase plat. Thus making a plat dungeon with way better drop rate will make people buy plat. It always boils down to a buisness stand point in the end with this game nowadays. Cinco is one of very few who still work on this game. I would like to see this game brought back to life with gear such as this. I have drop rate ideas that i think will work for both parties. Plat dungeon (.4% chance or 1/250) free dungeon (.15% chance) more people are free to play. Purchasing. Plat will give you a better chance at getting these items. But if you make these open to all levels. Its not hard to cap now.
    Xmas event should be for EVERYONE to enjoy, not a business stunt to make people cap... making only a L100 dungeon is greedy... not everyone has the resources to cap right away...
    Last edited by Kurvy; 11-21-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So youre saying by your logic that we should make it farmable to all levels so people can just bot the free to play map for this? No. There were several people botting halloween because all you had to do is log and continue to rehost that map. Not gonna have people botting constantly as they still do now in plasma pyramid. Its so easy to get a lvl85 and bot plasma with speed sets. You literally see it when you look into the open games for random farming/leveling. Making this a hostable map for Lvl100s only wil greatly reduce the chance for botting noobs.

Youre assuming that no one will have fun with this event because they didnt cap any lvl100s. NO!!! There is always quests and other items to farm for EVERYONE, EVERY year there is an event. Alot of people chose not to cap to Lvl100 and to this day still refuse to do it. Some dont have time. Yes you may have twink players who just sit here and pvp twink all day and really do nothing else. As patricia posted about. If you add an elixir for winter fest maps that allows you to spawn a boss that drops OG christnas items that people love for twinking.
    Last edited by slamm3dsoc13ty; 11-21-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Even making this a permanent thing whilst adding more to the loot table would be great. Just add more color variations and such to broaden and keep us grindign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Xmas shouldnt be restricted to L100s only, thatd be ridiculous....and idk where you got bots from what i said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

You said open it to all levels. The christmas event will be open to ALL levels. Specific loot wouldnt be. Otherwise there would be no point in adding gear that ALOT of people want if its just gonna be farmable at all levels. Cinco made it easier for people to cap to give them the incentive to cap. He didnt do it for laughs. He buffed the 2h pure stat weapons to get people to buy plat and purchase them. You want it farmable at all levels so you can farm it on a lvl1? NO. AS IVE STATED BEFORE. CINCO WANTS PEOPLE TO BUY PLAT. MAKING THIS GEAR FARMABLE WITH A PLAT DUNGEON, WOULD IN TURN SEVERELY ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO CAP. MAKING THE PLAT DUNGEON HAVE BETTER ODDS THEN THE FREE DUNGEON WOULD MAKE PEOPLE BUY PLAT TO FARM THE PLAT DUNGEON TO HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT DESIRED GEAR. SOME PEOPLE HAVE 20+ TOONS OF VARIOUS LEVELS. CONSIDERING HOW EASY IT WAS TO CAP AT LVL85. I CAPPED 25+ L85s BECAUSE IT WAS SOOOOOOO EASY. MAKING IT FARMABLE AT ALL LEVELS WOULD BE A BAD MOVE CONSIDERING PEOPLE ALSO HAVE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTD WITH EVEN MORE TOONS ON IT. WITH THE SPAM OF JUST DAILY BLESSINGS PEOPLE WOULD JUST SIT HERE AND GET THE GEAR LEFT AND RIGHT. NOOOOO. WHEN STARRIES DROPPED IN SLAYER. YOU HAD TO BE L76 TO BE ABLE TO ACQUIRE THEM BECAUSE THEY DROPPED IN SLAYER ONLY. IT SAVED ITS RARITY AND DESIRABLITY FOR A LONG TIME. NOW SINCE WE HAVE DEV. WE CAN FARM ANYTHING EASILY, THUS IN TURN DROPPING THE PRICE OF AN ITEM OR EVEN MAKING IT BECOME LESS RARE AND DESIRABLE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

You said open it to all levels. The christmas event will be open to ALL levels. Specific loot wouldnt be. Otherwise there would be no point in adding gear that ALOT of people want if its just gonna be farmable at all levels. Cinco made it easier for people to cap to give them the incentive to cap. He didnt do it for laughs. He buffed the 2h pure stat weapons to get people to buy plat and purchase them. You want it farmable at all levels so you can farm it on a lvl1? NO. AS IVE STATED BEFORE. CINCO WANTS PEOPLE TO BUY PLAT. MAKING THIS GEAR FARMABLE WITH A PLAT DUNGEON, WOULD IN TURN SEVERELY ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO CAP. MAKING THE PLAT DUNGEON HAVE BETTER ODDS THEN THE FREE DUNGEON WOULD MAKE PEOPLE BUY PLAT TO FARM THE PLAT DUNGEON TO HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT DESIRED GEAR. SOME PEOPLE HAVE 20+ TOONS OF VARIOUS LEVELS. CONSIDERING HOW EASY IT WAS TO CAP AT LVL85. I CAPPED 25+ L85s BECAUSE IT WAS SOOOOOOO EASY. MAKING IT FARMABLE AT ALL LEVELS WOULD BE A BAD MOVE CONSIDERING PEOPLE ALSO HAVE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTD WITH EVEN MORE TOONS ON IT. WITH THE SPAM OF JUST DAILY BLESSINGS PEOPLE WOULD JUST SIT HERE AND GET THE GEAR LEFT AND RIGHT. NOOOOO. WHEN STARRIES DROPPED IN SLAYER. YOU HAD TO BE L76 TO BE ABLE TO ACQUIRE THEM BECAUSE THEY DROPPED IN SLAYER ONLY. IT SAVED ITS RARITY AND DESIRABLITY FOR A LONG TIME. NOW SINCE WE HAVE DEV. WE CAN FARM ANYTHING EASILY, THUS IN TURN DROPPING THE PRICE OF AN ITEM OR EVEN MAKING IT BECOME LESS RARE AND DESIRABLE.
    Its gonna be identicals to last years X-mas, with grotto and stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

That is perfectly fine for EVERY LEVEL. So many people loved being able to farm straight gold. Reskin some of last years drops and add them in this year. That still doesnt take away from my suggestions.

Even making this a permanent thing would be great. Spacetime studio farming isnt fun and is a pain at making gold or even gear that people want for lvl100 sets. Reskinning slayer would be the best thing whilst adding all the items ive suggest and maybe even more of a variety of drag sets. (Purple/turqoise/orange/lime green) with the corresponding pets. Every single one of these items is a reskinned item. Make the loot table huge so people have something to grind for would be amazing. If someone gets one piece of a drag set, they can turn around and trade it to someone else for a piece that they want.

Example:

One person has a purple dragon armor. Someone else has a purple dragon helm or pet. The same person with the helm/pet wants a white drag set/piece. The person with armor gets a white drag helm/armor. They find out what each of them want. They simply trade eachother the pieces they want. BOOM!!!!! bringing back an economy that is DEAD.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to slamm3dsoc13ty For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

That is perfectly fine for EVERY LEVEL. So many people loved being able to farm straight gold. Reskin some of last years drops and add them in this year. That still doesnt take away from my suggestions.

Even making this a permanent thing would be great. Spacetime studio farming isnt fun and is a pain at making gold or even gear that people want for lvl100 sets. Reskinning slayer would be the best thing whilst adding all the items ive suggest and maybe even more of a variety of drag sets. (Purple/turqoise/orange/lime green) with the corresponding pets. Every single one of these items is a reskinned item. Make the loot table huge so people have something to grind for would be amazing. If someone gets one piece of a drag set, they can turn around and trade it to someone else for a piece that they want.

Example:

One person has a purple dragon armor. Someone else has a purple dragon helm or pet. The same person with the helm/pet wants a white drag set/piece. The person with armor gets a white drag helm/armor. They find out what each of them want. They simply trade eachother the pieces they want. BOOM!!!!! bringing back an economy that is DEAD.

I agree with that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

1. You're literally just doubling my drop rate percentages but giving f2p 0.05% less & yet you talk trash about how I am trying to prevent sales.

2. You literally stated that sts shouldn't make a free to play dungeon yet further down in your comment you say there will be a free dungeon.

3. Just because they want boosted plat sales does not mean people are going to fork out money for an event, not everybody has money to throw at a video game whenever. Btw 2750 platinum for a plat weapon is just insane.. That would literally cost me like $180 dollars. You think I am stupid enough to pay that amount of money for some pixels that ruin the experience of the game? Btw not everyone has access to a dev dragon you know? Some people are new or just not wealthy. How are they suppose to lvl up fast, huh? They would need plat or a lot of in game currency, smart-arse.

4. If people are botting that is no reason for f2p to suffer, sts should have a system to prevent it.*

5. Loot should be available to any levels that are lvl 10 or higher during an event. Events are not caps.

6. Reskinning items & just changing the names is ok. I understand they gotta do what they gotta do & people would like their favourite colour armour.
    I personally would like a fluoro turquoise with a black trim dragon set. I'd also like to see fluoro lime green. They could simply just reskin multiple of the same items to have more to farm for during an event, like you stated previously. This would also increase each items rarity.

7. At the end of the day you need to see I am not trying to argue with you, I just want you to understand that f2p shouldn't miss out due to issues such as botting that sts hasn't tried to prevent or the fact that they're trying to boost plat sales. They will boost plat sales no matter what, selling a 2x drop rate elixir like I had already mentioned that they should do in a previous post, is the way to do it right. People are going to buy it if it increases their odds from 1k to 500 or 500 to 250 either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The reason why i moved to saying there should be a free to play map was because the games player base is free to play. I also am now leaning more towards not an event in particular, but a permanent map hostable for LVL100s ONLY. This would give people and incentive to cap regardless if they have access to dev dragon or plat. Making this permanent would give people like me and alot of people on my friends list something to continue to grind for, for a very long time with a big loot table like i suggested expanding. This would bring back an economy that has been long dead since L100 came out. Spacetime is no longer fun and is hard to farm gear for lvl100 characters. As far as a platinum elixir for this map. Id much rather see it as a 50-75 plat elixir for 1hr of access. Making this map hostable would be very nice.

ALL IN ALL. EVERYONE WANTS SOMETHING TO HAVE FUN GRINDING FOR EVERYDAY THEY PLAY PL. I ENJOY FARMING BUT WHEN THE GEAR IS HARD TO GET AND IS STILL BORING TO DO. IT GETS OLD. ID LOVE TO SEE THIS IMPLIMENTED PERMANENTLY WITH A VERY LARGE VANITY LOOT TABLE.

ID ALSO LOVE A RESPONSE FROM CINCO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Cmon devs this is where the money is, we need a response

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Some good ideas in here :-)
    I'll see about making all of the Winter maps host-able. Should be easy to do for the classic maps. I need to make it so you'll need the 'Portal Hunter Elixir' to host (or join) the Grotto.

You'll see more details on this year's event in the coming weeks.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Some good ideas in here :-)
    I'll see about making all of the Winter maps host-able. Should be easy to do for the classic maps. I need to make it so you'll need the 'Portal Hunter Elixir' to host (or join) the Grotto.

You'll see more details on this year's event in the coming weeks.
    Thanks for the info