Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What's the point of keeping Rhino so OP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I'm not nerfing the Pure Stat nor the Hemi-Stat weaponry.

Rhino was the worst class until I made him viable with updates a few months ago.
    Would you be willing to give fox a bit of a boost as well? Fox has been an under-powered class for quite some time and it seems that the 100 cap has followed suit with those prior. Even a small buff would be appreciated. That being said, I have no experience with game balancing so I may not be totally sure of what I am talking about !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    i'm not nerfing the pure stat nor the hemi-stat weaponry.

Rhino was the worst class until i made him viable with updates a few months ago.
    finally someone who can speak the truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Rhino was the worst class until I made him viable with updates a few months ago.
    ENDGAME rhinos are far more than just viable, calling rhino un-killable isn't exaggeration. They're the tank that nuke everything. Atleast endgame rhino SET damage should be nerfed abit, if not then the defensive stats, they don't meant to nuke everything sitting on a tank, that's clearly unfair. This way that won't effect other level rhinoes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    ENDGAME rhinos are far more than just viable, calling rhino un-killable isn't exaggeration. They're the tank that nuke everything. Atleast endgame rhino SET damage should be nerfed abit, if not then the defensive stats, they don't meant to nuke everything sitting on a tank, that's clearly unfair. This way that won't effect other level rhinoes.
    The Sets DMG is fine. Majority of rhino fights are just pure critical attacks which is why everyone dies. Only things that need to be tuned down is Dodge, Critical, Hit%, and possibly mana regeneration. Rhino as a whole has waaaay less health than other classes if i remember correctly mages has more base health than rhino, so does birds, to complain about rhinos health would be false once you consider the fact bears HP goes beyond that of the rhino class. Why would a supporting Tank have the same HP as a mage or a assault class USING STR GEAR. Calling rhinos unkillable IS a Exaggeration OUTSIDE FOX. You're looking at things at a birds standpoint, when was there ever a zone birds had the FULL CAPABILITY OF BEATING RHINOS? I can name zones where rhinos and birds are equal on 1 hand, 1, 45, 66, 76(possibly) thats it. To say mages can't really compete vs rhinos is making rhinos seem more "OP" than they really are. I've talked to some rhinos and majority of them say mages are very hard opponents to beat, for my case birds are alot more difficult because of my build. Bears itself is inconsistent as STR. Last cap we saw bears not that good as STR so the same can be said for now but then again that's my standpoint as a rhino vs bear. I just feel like bears don't do as much damage to other STR bears or rhinos as they should be. I can agree on one thing. PURE STAT AND HEMI NEEDS TO GO. LIKE GOGO. FORGOTTEN BOW TYPE UPDATE. These plat weapons are on a whole other level than what we've seen before. At least when the Forgotten weapons came out later along the lines we got weapons that can stack up against them. But this is absurd it's legit a 2 shot kill buffed 3shot kill unbuffed. That's not fair what so ever. If cinco won't nerf them then can we at least get s buff on 4pc items? I don't even want to see pure stat craftable i just want free to play players to compete instead of getting doninated by these guns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    The Sets DMG is fine. Majority of rhino fights are just pure critical attacks which is why everyone dies. Only things that need to be tuned down is Dodge, Critical, Hit%, and possibly mana regeneration. Rhino as a whole has waaaay less health than other classes if i remember correctly mages has more base health than rhino, so does birds, to complain about rhinos health would be false once you consider the fact bears HP goes beyond that of the rhino class. Why would a supporting Tank have the same HP as a mage or a assault class USING STR GEAR. Calling rhinos unkillable IS a Exaggeration OUTSIDE FOX. You're looking at things at a birds standpoint, when was there ever a zone birds had the FULL CAPABILITY OF BEATING RHINOS? I can name zones where rhinos and birds are equal on 1 hand, 1, 45, 66, 76(possibly) thats it. To say mages can't really compete vs rhinos is making rhinos seem more "OP" than they really are. I've talked to some rhinos and majority of them say mages are very hard opponents to beat, for my case birds are alot more difficult because of my build. Bears itself is inconsistent as STR. Last cap we saw bears not that good as STR so the same can be said for now but then again that's my standpoint as a rhino vs bear. I just feel like bears don't do as much damage to other STR bears or rhinos as they should be. I can agree on one thing. PURE STAT AND HEMI NEEDS TO GO. LIKE GOGO. FORGOTTEN BOW TYPE UPDATE. These plat weapons are on a whole other level than what we've seen before. At least when the Forgotten weapons came out later along the lines we got weapons that can stack up against them. But this is absurd it's legit a 2 shot kill buffed 3shot kill unbuffed. That's not fair what so ever. If cinco won't nerf them then can we at least get s buff on 4pc items? I don't even want to see pure stat craftable i just want free to play players to compete instead of getting doninated by these guns.
    Strickly endgame rhino is the topic of discussion, and I think even cinco himself missed that we talked only about L100 Endgame rhino, MY FAULT, I should have mentioned it clearly.

If you wanna decrease crit, it must be done in an way that the crit should be significantly less than 100 after full buff, either way damage will be less. Whatever everybody knows that it's such a tank that can nuke anything (4 piece sets )

Rhino with pure stat gun do damage 1500 on my 4 pc talon bird, I didn't notice to do that much damage with any other class pure stat weapon, that's also implies a high damage either for rhino class (most probably) or rhino pure stat gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

You could make it OP In Endgame farming, but its to much in pvp. All I see now is people that have close to zero skills, killing people with auto and 2 shotting people, this sucks for everyone who has to deal with them. And will soon get boring for the people who use the,m.
    Last edited by Kurvy; 11-07-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Gg endgame PvP...newgen rhinos trash talking cuz their class so op you can't do nothing against it...these plat guns so ridiculous...leave it to new developers to screw up balanced PvP ggwp...what a waste ...uninstalled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxTHExxDONxX View Post
    Gg endgame PvP...newgen rhinos trash talking cuz their class so op you can't do nothing against it...these plat guns so ridiculous...leave it to new developers to screw up balanced PvP ggwp...what a waste ...uninstalled
    This is what everyone thinks other than those who actually use rhinos. Let's begin the story -

After getting the pure stat gun, I found that the auto damage is pretty high BUT SKILL DAMAGE IS PRETTY LOW, even lower than the 4pc talon set. The point is that, simply nerfing endgame rhino damage from the set from rhino can balance the whole aspect INCLUDING the gun. No other class basically don't wan't use pure stat guns because that's not that much good, that it seems to be, unless for some specific cases, like using dex pure gun to kill OP 4 pc set rhinoes. That's because killing stat gun bird with a 4pc talon set is ez, similarly killing a stat gun mage with a 4pc set wand set mage ain't hard either, that shows guns ain't such a big mess yet but the rhino still is REALLY REALLY A BIG MESS.

The whole point of saying is that even though it seems like guns are actually a BIG mess, it's not that big TBH other than the only class that is Rhino with gun, which do 1500+ (output damage) auto damage, highest with any gun, other class guns do damage 1200+ max. There's no point of fighting them even with stat guns with other classes.

These small things will surely restore the endgame pvp alot -
    - Nerfing damage from endgame rhino set
    - If necessary also nerf abit damage from rhino pure stat gun.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-08-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

This is what everyone thinks other than those who actually use rhinos. Let's begin the story -

After getting the pure stat gun, I found that the auto damage is pretty high BUT SKILL DAMAGE IS PRETTY LOW, even lower than the 4pc talon set. The point is that, simply nerfing endgame rhino damage from the set from rhino can balance the whole aspect INCLUDING the gun. No other class basically don't wan't use pure stat guns because that's not that much good, that it seems to be, unless for some specific cases, like using dex pure gun to kill OP 4 pc set rhinoes. That's because killing stat gun bird with a 4pc talon set is ez, similarly killing a stat gun mage with a 4pc set wand set mage ain't hard either, that shows guns ain't such a big mess yet but the rhino still is REALLY REALLY A BIG MESS.

The whole point of saying is that even though it seems like guns are actually a BIG mess, it's not that big TBH other than the only class that is Rhino with gun, which do 1500+ (output damage) auto damage, highest with any gun, other class guns do damage 1200+ max. There's no point of fighting them even with stat guns with other classes.

These small things will surely restore the endgame pvp alot -
    - Nerfing damage from endgame rhino set
    - If necessary also nerf abit damage from rhino pure stat gun.
    The problem isn't the rhinos axe. The axe is balanced. It's the guns that's driving everyone out of PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    The problem isn't the rhinos axe. The axe is balanced. It's the guns that's driving everyone out of PL.
    Legit have stopped playing totally for the first time in 7 years, feels bad man..... :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

It's a cleaver way to nerf even gun rhino damage without nerfing the gun itself u silly, specially because cinco don't don't wanna nerf guns. Axe is not a problem is not true is a false statement. Rhino as a class OP with Axe that's the huge problem.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Legit have stopped playing totally for the first time in 7 years, feels bad man..... :O
    I have heard from a few buddies that they, too, are temporarily abandoning PL until the balance of PvP is restored to what it formerly was prior to this Gun. I am eager to hop back onto PL in a month to better evaluate the situation and will give my two cents if nothing has changed.

If there is one thing I have learned from the mechanics of PL, it's that any tampering with the conventional system of stats -- even miniscule changes -- have dramatic repurcussions. The presence of a flourishing endgame community means a lot to us all, and I know that nobody wants to see it shattered.

In light of Cinco's last reply to this thread, I do hope he can tweak around with the Gun's stats, even if it requires subtle changes from time to time (rather than just leave it as it is). I would hate to see a ghost-town endgame community because of an unaddressed issue.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 11-10-2017 at 04:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I have heard from a few buddies that they, too, are temporarily abandoning PL until the balance of PvP is restored to what it formerly was prior to this Gun. I am eager to hop back onto PL in a month to better evaluate the situation and will give my two cents if nothing has changed.

If there is one thing I have learned from the mechanics of PL, it's that any tampering with the conventional system of stats -- even miniscule changes -- have dramatic repurcussions. The presence of a flourishing endgame community means a lot to us all, and I know that nobody wants to see it shattered.

In light of Cinco's last reply to this thread, I do hope he can tweak around with the Gun's stats, even if it requires subtle changes from time to time (rather than just leave it as it is). I would hate to see a ghost-town endgame community because of an unaddressed issue.
    Its already happening, same 10 people ive seen in endgame the past few days, and about half of them are pur.stat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hybird of mage and bear, since when was this a good idea, fox is somewhat it's own class but i don't see the point in a rhino. Mage and bear are some what the best pvp team, now it's in one class, that even has a 12m dash, with a 1k-1.5k auto gun, if someone can not see what's wrong here wow. Cough (mymagical) you've never been skilled so i would see why you see nothing wrong with this just your type. 100% auto pvp so fun! At this point bear just looks bad the 2h-gun range is broken get hit debuffed and it won't land a thing.
    Last edited by Cqrd; 11-14-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

Its already happening, same 10 people ive seen in endgame the past few days, and about half of them are pur.stat.
    I find PvP near unplayable at the moment, and I have not played in quite some time. In fact, when I do get on it's only for a short time because I remember the insane damage totals I can't keep up with unless I spend a fortune of gold or dish out money for these new stat guns. All in all, I find the game very disenchanting since the introduction of the stat guns and look forward to PLA being released in the United States in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I mean why don't yall come down a lil bit in pvp it's fun trust meh
    Last edited by Melikebear; 11-14-2017 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cqrd View Post
    Hybird of mage and bear, since when was this a good idea, fox is somewhat it's own class but i don't see the point in a rhino. Mage and bear are some what the best pvp team, now it's in one class, that even has a 12m dash, with a 1k-1.5k auto gun, if someone can not see what's wrong here wow. Cough (mymagical) you've never been skilled so i would see why you see nothing wrong with this just your type. 100% auto pvp so fun! At this point bear just looks bad the 2h-gun range is broken get hit debuffed and it won't land a thing.
    It's been a idea. Supporting tanks has been a thing since Ps2 if i remember correctly it's not something new and I'll assure you it was a good idea. But i agree pure stat needs a change big time. To beat 2 players to a game to 10 is pathetic and cheap. Oh and fox is known as the assassin class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

It's a cleaver way to nerf even gun rhino damage without nerfing the gun itself u silly, specially because cinco don't don't wanna nerf guns. Axe is not a problem is not true is a false statement. Rhino as a class OP with Axe that's the huge problem.
    Rhino class is NOT OP with axe if you took the time to look at rhinos stats when wearing axe setup you'll see that their DMG goes beyond that of even bears. Axe set is only "OP" to you because you're a bird....a class that is not known for even being slightly matched with the Rhino class. Mages CAN beat rhinos trust me I've seen it myself it's just not a easy process. If rhino gets a Dodge, Critical, and Hit nerf it could go two ways. A: Balancing the class since it ALREADY HAS a 2x combo Multiplier ,which if you looked carefully it can make cruel blast, beck stomp, and hot flash pale in comparison, the drop off in Critical and Hit can make the combo deal less Critical DMG and having it not land while under Hit% debuff. B: completely Decimating the class because it won't be able to deal consistent DMG since well.....RHINOS ONLY HAVE 3 ATTACKS THAT ACTUALLY DEAL DMG. Charge, Redemption, Holy Tempest. What you're asking is a complete Nerf of the class overall by effecting it's base Stats and Skills as a whole yet if you ever chose to play rhino class back then you'd see why i completely reject everything you're saying. In 2013 rhinos were capable of beating out most classes in close fights, take 30 where i originate as a rhino from. I was capable of beating out bears by timing my charge and tempest to counter attack a bear from becking me i charged while being beckon pushing them away. To counter a bears CB and slashes i used holy tempest keeping them away and debuffing at the same time. Yet something happened later on at the end of 2013, a global nerf on rhino? I was not dealing even close to what i was doing months before and it tore rhinos overall. It was a DMG drop off, rhinos were being eaten alive by bears with ez i legit had to resort to full on kiting half the time to keep bears at bay. What ever was done made rhinos fodder to mages overall as if mages were not superior to begin with. At 61 i couldn't beat out bears like i use to. In fact i couldn't kill them at all anymore not even 56s. I had to swap to using demonic and even then it wasn't a guarantee to win against orlok unlike how i was able to beat demo bears. This entire story is me telling you what you're asking StS to do. If you don't like how axe plays then simply ask StS cinco to nerf rhinos dmg down to bears since rhino do have more dmg overall than it. Pure stat from what i heard from hook requires you to be pure in stat? If that IS the case then a Hit nerf could destroy the gun, but i don't want just that. I want a full Damage, Hit, and Critical nerf on that gun. @Cinco there is no reason ANY GUN should be destroying free to play players like this. We all ask for a nerf this is cancer right now man.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 11-15-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Rhino as a whole is op I mean yes I’m a bird and rhino is a joke to verse because Their gun hits 1.5k’s and excluding that fact their 4pc set is still op. People are saying only birds are complaining about rhinos 4pc set but when was the last time a bear or a fox was able to beat a 4pc rhino either? Right they don’t and mages hardly beat them when running and using ice constantly. so to sum it up rhino is op at 100 with fun and 4pc set and it’s not just vs bird it’s vs all classes.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duckypowerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think u should nerf Rhino buffs because in a fight with bear vs rhino,rhino does no dmg but it is enough tanky to resist 4 crushing blows 4 hellscreams 3 slashes and bedk stomp and i think stat rhinos are not so op if they get nerf guardian(skill with birds who give evade,dodge).Please cinco,look after people comments(those good peoples who are remarkable on bear).

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk