Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: i cant believe it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default i cant believe it

So today while i was afk in the game the unexpected happens . one of our lv 36 players leaves guild . The speculation started arising as to why he would leave and then suddenly log off. Well im friends with this player in our guild and we both grinded together to lv 36 . I emailed him about the situation and it turns out he got his account hacked ! This is really alarming as he did not share his info or anything with anyone . He is really down because of this and does not know what to do because he doesnt want his account banned . I am not making a thread to rant about this but to warn you all of this and let you guys know that someone is hacking accounts .The only difference i can say is that i helped him set up sl in hi computer last night so he started playing sl on his computer from last night . I dont know if this has something to do with it but its just plain weird. Well also this affected our guild greatly as we were on leaderboard and now since his account got hackked he is no longer in guild and now we are not on guild leaderboard . I know we are to write sts an email explaining the situation but is that the only solution to this ? Also could i write sts a email myself since it wasnt my account that got hacked ?

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster:463517
    So today while i was afk in the game the unexpected happens . one of our lv 36 players leaves guild . The speculation started arising as to why he would leave and then suddenly log off. Well im friends with this player in our guild and we both grinded together to lv 36 . I emailed him about the situation and it turns out he got his account hacked ! This is really alarming as he did not share his info or anything with anyone . He is really down because of this and does not know what to do because he doesnt want his account banned . I am not making a thread to rant about this but to warn you all of this and let you guys know that someone is hacking accounts .The only difference i can say is that i helped him set up sl in hi computer last night so he started playing sl on his computer from last night . I dont know if this has something to do with it but its just plain weird. Well also this affected our guild greatly as we were on leaderboard and now since his account got hackked he is no longer in guild and now we are not on guild leaderboard . I know we are to write sts an email explaining the situation but is that the only solution to this ? Also could i write sts a email myself since it wasnt my account that got hacked ?
    my guess is that the Hacker has found like a loophole in chrome SL. write to STS they will look at the log of different playas. my thoughts are with you and your.guild. ;__;
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaduck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Wow.... any idea how clean your friend's PC is? I have my doubts that it was due to an application vulnerability - I should say I'd guess it's more likely the PC is compromised, perhaps by a key-logger. I'm interested to see if we find out.

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just won't it back I miss my guild and my game play I no you well do your best to help me sad and my brother getsume was hack as well help some one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    my guess is that the Hacker has found like a loophole in chrome SL. write to STS they will look at the log of different playas. my thoughts are with you and your.guild. ;__;
    I really hope this isn't a vulnerability in chrome SL, but you raise a valid point.

As everyone said, definitely disclose all info you can to STS so they can get to the bottom of this. Do you know if your friend has been playing SL on chrome at all (just to rule things out)?

Eriksyn - LVL 36 COM | Ericthemedic - LVL 36 ENG
    Officer of Vengeance

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wackedout View Post
    I just won't it back I miss my guild and my game play I no you well do your best to help me sad and my brother getsume was hack as well help some one
    dont forget to email support at support@spacetimestudios.com . We will do everything in our " Independents" guild .Deshraill and the rest of the guild miss you and are worried for you and your bro getsume. LEts hope for the best

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

As people have posted above, please contact our support team with any concerns regarding your account, should you have any. http://support.spacetimestudios.com

I've been involved in supporting MMO's since being a Game Master on EverQuest back in 2000. I've seen a LOT of "hacked" accounts. We take any such issue very seriously. while I don't discount your guildmates story, we don't really know what happened other than what he told you and what you remembered and reported here. A lot of "hacked" accounts are cases of sharing account credentials (even if he isn't saying that). Just like the EQ player on one of the servers I oversaw who swore up and down that there had been a breech in our security and that his account had been hacked. He got the e-mail address to our CEO and wrote and complained about how he was "hacked", which prompted me to track down their phone number through their credit card company and call. When I spoke to the credit card holder, that turned out was the Mother to two teenage boys who were sharing a single EQ account, she told me about how they had been fighting about the game, but she didn't understand what it was. Long story short, one brother had taken all the other brother's stuff and then deleted their characters, probably in a fit of spite.

Anyway, I totally encourage you to advise your friend to sweep their PC for malicious programs (key logger maybe?) and then proceed to change their passwords.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    My guess is the loophole is his brother uses the same computer ...

edit ... 'ninja'd'

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Sam isn't it possible to check IP addresses for the account? Like see if a random IP signed on recently that was different from all the others?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Sam isn't it possible to check IP addresses for the account? Like see if a random IP signed on recently that was different from all the others?
    Assuming a player is on cable internet like most of us, their IP address constantly (about weekly) changes.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The fact is Who hacked their accounts they changed their in game names.. I do believe chrome has bug for easy heck .. Hope they ll get their acc back asap.. we already sended emails .
    Deshraill | Lvl 41 Operative Deshx | Lvl 40Engineer
    ..Dream as if you'll live forever.
    Live as if you'll die tomorrow..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Hate to say it but it sounds like 1 of 3 things:

1. He was really "hacked"...least possible really, as who would already be sending people keyloggers and stuff...

2. He shares his account and the other person did as Sam mentioned above.

3. He got tired of your guild and wanted to switch guilds. New name erases anything linking back to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in a new guild in a few days, if he's not already.

3rd one might not be true, but I've seen it happen.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Removing remember password from chrome for now would bee good....as a short term solution....just in-case

and maybe doing a computer wipe....to stay on the safe side

**im doing that tonight**
    Last edited by octavos; 10-27-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Deshx, looks like your friend's done the right thing in reporting it to Support. Any additional info, like about the name change, have him also forward that on to Support. And Mime's right, too--never hurts to run a check for a virus or malware. If it *was* a hacker, I have confidence the Devs'll track it down.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Hate to say it but it sounds like 1 of 3 things:

1. He was really "hacked"...least possible really, as who would already be sending people keyloggers and stuff...

2. He shares his account and the other person did as Sam mentioned above.

3. He got tired of your guild and wanted to switch guilds. New name erases anything linking back to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in a new guild in a few days, if he's not already.

3rd one might not be true, but I've seen it happen.

Well hes one of our very good friend and wetalked with him on the phone. 3th one kinda not possible.. Well hope the best we r just waiting for now.
    Deshraill | Lvl 41 Operative Deshx | Lvl 40Engineer
    ..Dream as if you'll live forever.
    Live as if you'll die tomorrow..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If in school, he may have downloaded it on the school computer. If he didn't log out, or used the "Save Password" feature, then a kid could have seen the browser's history and gone into it.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No I did not hack my self I had a level 36 and a guild I love being in hacking is a criminal ate its not a game I just need help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmmm its not so easy to hack, looks like something opportunistic, very likely that there was some carelessness with regards to the password (sorry), could be anything. Was it easy to guess? this is really unfortunate that his char got deleted, is recovering chars possible?
    Last edited by Slant; 10-27-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I've been involved in supporting MMO's since being a Game Master on EverQuest back in 2000.
    EQ or Evercrack as I knew it was a blast, it was the first real good MMO IMO. Still remember it taking hours just to recover bodies from the planes. Sam, what server you play on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii:463880
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I've been involved in supporting MMO's since being a Game Master on EverQuest back in 2000.
    EQ or Evercrack as I knew it was a blast, it was the first real good MMO IMO. Still remember it taking hours just to recover bodies from the planes. Sam, what server you play on?
    Your spirit shard! Hated that. Get 2 or 3 stuck out there.

I Like Pie
    Level 56 Farming Mage