Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: i cant believe it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii:463880
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I've been involved in supporting MMO's since being a Game Master on EverQuest back in 2000.
    EQ or Evercrack as I knew it was a blast, it was the first real good MMO IMO. Still remember it taking hours just to recover bodies from the planes. Sam, what server you play on?
    I miss those days of naked corpse runs to the basement of KC! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Same thing happened to my friend. Although he didn't say he was hacked, all he told me was it was saying his password was wrong. He emailed support already.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:464115
    Same thing happened to my friend. Although he didn't say he was hacked, all he told me was it was saying his password was wrong. He emailed support already.
    This might b different, ur friend might have leave his account email user name on the login page of a device or chrome and someone failed several times to find the pass while tryin to log on.

In the past, for weeks had to reset my password nearly every day because i like to test PL and SL on new phones/tablets in different shops.
    I didnt think to erase the email username...
    Silly me.
    I suppose someone else tried each time to log on and failed on all the devices i was on lol.

But then i hope we find answer soon for the possibly hacked account.
    Really think is useless to hack a game -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakatoa91:464170
    Quote Originally Posted by javier995:464115
    This might b different, ur friend might have leave his account email user name on the login page of a device or chrome and someone failed several times to find the pass while tryin to log on.

In the past, for weeks had to reset my password nearly every day because i like to test PL and SL on new phones/tablets in different shops.
    I didnt think to erase the email username...
    Silly me.
    I suppose someone else tried each time to log on and failed on all the devices i was on lol.

But then i hope we find answer soon for the possibly hacked account.
    Really think is useless to hack a game -_-

Lol actually he had unistalled SL for about a week or two. He does the forgot password thing, but he gets a new password for PL lol.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I want to TY for all space time studios management for their help.. We have our friend back right now his acc with all his 3 toons..

They were so helpfull with this problem and they solved it in a day. Im glad they spend their time our us and make it happen.

Once more TY.
    Deshraill | Lvl 41 Operative Deshx | Lvl 40Engineer
    ..Dream as if you'll live forever.
    Live as if you'll die tomorrow..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Great news, Deshx! I'm glad your friend is back and in possession of his accounts. And yeah, gotta love our Devs. <3
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ty you all if I did not have a guild like is I don't no what ill do and to space time thank you a lot you work on this and got me back with my guild Ty a lot johnny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

O nic...congrats frendbto get back with your guild....these hackers are always looking for oppurtunities....after reading all i just deleated all mallaciois atuffs from my Pc...and a very nic work Devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm so sad for you my friend.:-( I HOPE THAT NASTY HACKER WILL BE FOUND OUT AND BE BANNED... FOREVER!!!...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Just like to give my input on this. Grats to the playa who got hakked for comin back! and also Grats independents you made it to the top!!!

wewt!!!
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Assuming a player is on cable internet like most of us, their IP address constantly (about weekly) changes.
    Not quite so.
    It doesn't change into something completely random. It'd still be inside the same network and outside access would be trivially detected. The odds of that other party being in the same network are next to nothing.

But I'm glad it got sorted out.

For the record, hacking is just rather untrivial. It doesn't happen like in the movies. Forceful penetrations are freakishly rare. They're virtually all random penetrations as a result of certain vulnerability having gotten targeted.

And those that get code inside, i.e. those that would have such capabilities as key logging and such needed to obtain access, would hardly be interested in some silly SL accounts. There's some real money to be made with that stuff and screwing around with some kid's game is just not it.

In this case my bet would have been those sharing the computer or those overlooking the password typing process (public terminals). In this day and age capturing the password as it's typed is simpler than most people realize (video camera in every freaking phone). So be careful with that.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 11-30-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire