Thread: Remove speed boost for samhain in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Remove speed boost for samhain in pvp

As a connection based game. Alot of the time it comes down to connection. With these speed rings it glitches way too much when it comes to range fights. These can be easily proven in konzites domain with the little sand traps and speeds sets (L85 and L100) if u walk past one and it goes off, sometimes you get glitched back even if on your screen youre already past it. You get stuck and cant get out of it. This makes pvp even more broken then it already is seeing as the rhino pur stat blaster is OP can tank a 3v1. Every other ring in PL doesnt get speed boost in pvp. The L100 sets also do get the speed boost that we do get in pve. Connection based games with this speed bonus in pvp is broke and glitchy.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slamm3dsoc13ty For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

It is safe to say trying to kill a L100 Pur.Stat Rhino is impossible. Im speaking as a mage, i dont know about other classes. But i dont want to PvP when there is a 1 shotting tank in there with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

They should nerf all the guns while theyre at it, atleast the gold ones, i’ve seen that the red ones are slightly weaker, not that it matters they all still almost nuke with their auto alone, pvp is so empty besides the ones willing to pay $150 per gun, and it sure doesn’t make sense when my bear gets nuked like its a mage. At this point, 80 cap where mages we’re unstoppable seems like a more balanced pvp lol
    Last edited by Arvoh; 10-30-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slamm3dsoc13ty View Post
    As a connection based game. Alot of the time it comes down to connection. With these speed rings it glitches way too much when it comes to range fights. These can be easily proven in konzites domain with the little sand traps and speeds sets (L85 and L100) if u walk past one and it goes off, sometimes you get glitched back even if on your screen youre already past it. You get stuck and cant get out of it. This makes pvp even more broken then it already is seeing as the rhino pur stat blaster is OP can tank a 3v1. Every other ring in PL doesnt get speed boost in pvp. The L100 sets also do get the speed boost that we do get in pve. Connection based games with this speed bonus in pvp is broke and glitchy.
    Although you haven't said but these 'glitches' didn't come with new speed ring, those so called range glitches WERE ALWAYS THERE speed boost just AMPLIFIED those things. Some of those glitches aren't even glitch because they've been and can be used as tactical ways because of their precise nature.

Whereas some are actually glitches & annoying, for example sometime while get freezes / rooted you can see that the opponent & you both still can attack from whooping 20m+ distances and when you saw you successfully kitted a bear and safe on tree but next moment you noticed you teleported next to the bear the way if you was got pulled.

Now lets come to the example that you provided, It was absolutely always there and I know I've to deal with all the time on pvp specially because I'm on higher ping, ANYTIME i'm about to get iced/rooted/stunned but successfully kitted it or gone to tree successfully, next time I get teleported back in time and get freezed at the place I was like 2 sec ago or like 2-3m behind nobody else can notice it, that the example you provided, and it was since always. If somebody do tree hugging (circling the tree) with 50 ping and I try to catch him with significant higher ping, he is gonna have significant advantage because he is like few millisecond ahead in time than me, and that's everywhere, tree, ctf walls etc & not just tree & walls it's everywhere. Dealing with facts and act according with your limitation is and always was necessary.

THAT'S WHY I SAID, EVERY RANGE 'GLITCH' YOU SEE IS ACTUALLY GOT AMPLIFIED not was arrived for the first time, most of em are not glitch BECAUSE they can't be fixed, devs can't fixed em because it don't happen in realtime, It would happen only if everyone would be on server with literally zero ping and even more important due to their precise nature it always have been used as range tactic not as range glitch.

Speed ring comes with higher damage and cut off on HP and armor, much needed damage boost for 4pc set fights and provide different advantages for those who don't use speed ring, The main point is, mostly we can deal with it, no problem if somebody don't know the reasons but experience teaches things. Turtle speed is boring this is fast paced, intense, I like it. I know few guys like chao always complaining but when he not, he complained about speed with rhino against my 4pc talon set bird, complains in 3-3 even his team get all the far more op class team format than opponent and blah blah.

Please Learn to deal with it, experience it learn it, next time act accordingly. It's possible and better for good ping guys, if ofc they know how to use it.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-31-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Although you haven't said but these 'glitches' didn't come with new speed ring, those so called range glitches WERE ALWAYS THERE speed boost just AMPLIFIED those things. Some of those glitches aren't even glitch because they've been and can be used as tactical ways because of their precise nature.

Whereas some are actually glitches & annoying, for example sometime while get freezes / rooted you can see that the opponent & you both still can attack from whooping 20m+ distances and when you saw you successfully kitted a bear and safe on tree but next moment you noticed you teleported next to the bear the way if you was got pulled.

Now lets come to the example that you provided, It was absolutely always there and I know I've to deal with all the time on pvp specially because I'm on higher ping, ANYTIME i'm about to get iced/rooted/stunned but successfully kitted it or gone to tree successfully, next time I get teleported back in time and get freezed at the place I was like 2 sec ago or like 2-3m behind, that the example you provided, and it was since always. If somebody do tree hugging (circling the tree) with 50 ping and I try to catch him with significant higher ping, he is gonna have significant advantage because he is like few millisecond ahead in time than me, and that's everywhere, tree, ctf walls etc & not just tree & walls it's everywhere. Dealing with facts and act according with your limitation is and always was necessary.

THAT'S WHY I SAID, EVERY RANGE 'GLITCH' YOU SEE IS ACTUALLY GOT AMPLIFIED not was arrived for the first time, most of em are not glitch BECAUSE they can't be fixed, devs can't fixed em because it don't happen in realtime, It would happen only if everyone would be on server with literally zero ping and even more important due to their precise nature it always have been used as range tactic not as range glitch.

Speed ring comes with higher damage and cut off on HP and armor, much needed damage boost for 4pc set fights, The main point is, mostly we can deal with it, no problem if somebody don't know the reasons but experience teaches things. Turtle speed is boring this is fast paced, intense, I like it. I know few guys like chao always complaining but when he not, he complained about speed with rhino against my 4pc talon set bird, complains in 3-3 even his team get all the far more op class team format than opponent and blah blah.

Please Learn to deal with it, experience it learn it, next time act accordingly. It's possible and better for good ping guys, if ofc they know how to use it.
    I understand your thinking, however I respectfully disagree. My ping is typically 100-150, which is within the "green" ping range. Thus, I would assume that my ping indicates that I have a fairly good connection. This speed ring "amplifies" the effects of the range glitch so drastically that I am oftentimes over 18-20m away, and abilities that should not hit me based on what my screen indicates, are hitting.

With the game in this state, I would almost come to argue that it is almost unplayable. Being able to understand ranges is gone, and with dodge being a major factor in pvp due to the massive burst damage we are seeing from the new weapons, PvP has become a complete coin toss as to who wins. Typically, whoever dodges the first attack wins, which is not an environment where I could reasonably envision players "learning to deal with it, experience it, [and] next time act accordingly."

With this being said, I would presume that it is fair to assert that the speed ring is unbalanced due to the inability for the game to be played the way its design demands players to play. Additionally, I find it extremely hard to find a way to adapt to this situation given that my ping is not in serious need of improvement. Thus, I would propose that the game cannot be played properly, while even at a reasonable ping, with the speed ring available in PvP.

P.S. As for your argument about 4pc needing more damage, if anything, I would argue that the 4pc sets need a way to survive the burst of the Pure.Stat and Hemi weapons, not a way to try to do what the plat weapons do better.

As a brief side note, I am trying my best to make my point without being disrespectful, if at any point it comes across that way, I am sorry, as it was not my intent to be so.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

"learning to deal with it, experience it, [and] next time act accordingly." IT WAS NOT SAID IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS - "With the game in this state, I would almost come to argue that it is almost unplayable. Being able to understand ranges is gone, and with dodge being a major factor in pvp due to the massive burst damage we are seeing from the new weapons, PvP has become a complete coin toss as to who wins. Typically, whoever dodges the first attack wins, which is not an environment where I could reasonably envision players"

That's different matter not the topic of this thread. First and foremost thing.

Secondly - Don't take it as connection problem that never been said, What I clearly meant is, everything you can see, was always there but the effect is higher, if 'amplify' wasn't a better term. To be short but to the point and that's enough.

Thirdly - As I always say, I never bring pure stat weapons (any gun) in this context, that's totally outta the context, that need different tweaking. Guns should be nerfed not the 4pc set should be buffed, then BOOM, 4pc vs 4pc fight would be a tank vs tank fight even the participants aren't tanks. If you think that 3pc ring can counter guns, then do it because gun set don't have speed, the option is always open and Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-31-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I never once said that these glitches came with this new ring. Youre making the assumption that i did say so just because i didnt specify. Congeniality even stated exactly what everyone experiences. People have green pings between 0-120 still experience this type of glitch. Your screen shows the opponent not in range to hit you, yet hits you from 16-20m away. These rings are taking skill out of pvp even more. At this current time rhinos are the best class vs any other class. Mages stand more of a chance vs rhinod as compared to bird and bears. This only was possible due to the dodge nerf across the board. The only class that takes skill to play in endgame is mage. Fox isnt even viable, though it can nuke a bird and mage pretty well but thats if people dont dodge. The fact that a rhino or even mage pure stat weapons can 3 shot auto a mage and drain its mana in 2 shots is ridiculous. Even my 4pc bird vs a pure stat rhino is getting 1500 crit autoed. I want people to be able to have skill to pvp and not pay $150 to win a fight. You made it so we have to play our class which is great even though i loved 77 cap as pally. I love playing my class even still. This ring and pure stat weapons make pvp a no skilled game mode now even more then it already was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I never once said that these glitches came with this new ring. Youre making the assumption that i did say so just because i didnt specify. Congeniality even stated exactly what everyone experiences. People have green pings between 0-120 still experience this type of glitch. Your screen shows the opponent not in range to hit you, yet hits you from 16-20m away. These rings are taking skill out of pvp even more. At this current time rhinos are the best class vs any other class. Mages stand more of a chance vs rhinod as compared to bird and bears. This only was possible due to the dodge nerf across the board. The only class that takes skill to play in endgame is mage. Fox isnt even viable, though it can nuke a bird and mage pretty well but thats if people dont dodge. The fact that a rhino or even mage pure stat weapons can 3 shot auto a mage and drain its mana in 2 shots is ridiculous. Even my 4pc bird vs a pure stat rhino is getting 1500 crit autoed. I want people to be able to have skill to pvp and not pay $150 to win a fight. You made it so we have to play our class which is great even though i loved 77 cap as pally. I love playing my class even still. This ring and pure stat weapons make pvp a no skilled game mode now even more then it already was.
    70% lines of the paragraph doesn't belongs to the topic, that gun problem and we know that how the guns can ruin make pvp 1-2h kills that's different topic and that doesn't relate to speed ring.

You didn't disagree that speed ring didn't bring any new 'glitch' THEN you must agree that 14-16m instead 16-20m away hitting was there considering speed is double (approx) if we could cope with that, we can cope with this, it's not hard. But I'm not gonna explain all the things that how all that things works here, good luck.

Speed is much more fast paced and I like fast paced pvp, doesn't matter if a very few times it get out of hand. We already used to that, no? much more than that - how rhino and foxes attack sometime different side of the map like 30-40m away. and still rhino foxes are way more glitchy than speed ring.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-31-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I like the speed... helps me vs pay to win weapons

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    It is safe to say trying to kill a L100 Pur.Stat Rhino is impossible. Im speaking as a mage, i dont know about other classes. But i dont want to PvP when there is a 1 shotting tank in there with me.
    Something we can agree on! The weapons in general should be nerfed for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Smh waug. The speed ring is glitchy as can be and youre telling me i have to cope with an increased amount of glitches on top of the fact that 2 classes are underpowered vs the top 3? One of which is broken beyond belief even still? Why cant we just get the speed boost of L100 sets by that logic then? Speed rings are ruining pvp. Its already been ruined with OP 2h weapons. So youre saying you want to ruin it more by added another broken item to pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Smh waug. The speed ring is glitchy as can be and youre telling me i have to cope with an increased amount of glitches on top of the fact that 2 classes are underpowered vs the top 3? One of which is broken beyond belief even still? Why cant we just get the speed boost of L100 sets by that logic then? Speed rings are ruining pvp. Its already been ruined with OP 2h weapons. So youre saying you want to ruin it more by added another broken item to pvp?
    I'm not actually asking you or anyone to cope with the situation or something like that, if it sounded like that it must be my way of speaking. What I did is that I've put my own thoughts on the situation and the possible solution if speed stays which I ofc want rn and I think I've done it. I already have gone that far that I wanted to go, I won't cross that limit and go further So I'm done. Good Luck
    Last edited by Waug; 10-31-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    Rhino 2h (and axe but with less damage), a class that nukes like a bird or mage, but is as fast as a fox with its dashes so its impossible to kite, and with a heal as good or if not better than a mage, and can tank and dodge as good as a bear.
    Sounds like a made up class, but it’s even funnier because all this is true lmao

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arvoh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arvoh View Post
    Rhino 2h (and axe but with less damage), a class that nukes like a bird or mage, but is as fast as a fox with its dashes so its impossible to kite, and with a heal as good or if not better than a mage, and can tank and dodge as good as a bear.
    Sounds like a made up class, but it’s even funnier because all this is true lmao
    Well said, that's true and totally fits to 4pc set rhinoes. But atleast 2h rhinos r killable if fast enough to kill em b4 they 2 hit kill you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Lets just say in simplest terms it's overall not good for pvp (or at least at level 100). Let the speed bonus only activate in events.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Well said, that's true and totally fits to 4pc set rhinoes. But atleast 2h rhinos r killable if fast enough to kill em b4 they 2 hit kill you.
    Thats not how i want to play it. Spam your skills before it autos you. Especially these rhinos rushing everyone in sight because they know they are op. Its truely annoying. Also speed needs to go, i notice the range thing too. Pvp right now is just a big annoyance, if im being straightforward. Speed needs to go, and these new guns, ESPECIALLY rhino guns, need to be balanced. Until then its unplayable for endgame.