Thread: Handsumlegend's Ultimate Guide to Merching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Hi. This is why I can never be a mercher. If I see that someone has made a mistake by putting something 10m cheaper than it should be...I would buy it (if I had enough gold) and find the player so that I could return it. Time and time again people tell me I'm too soft and I do get taken advantage of and yes it does hurt when I loan stuff and don't see it again. I'm just made this way I suppose. I am toughening up a bit more but still find it difficult. Now..if someone could teach me how to be less sentimental and over emotional I would be grateful.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

nice guide :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkreign For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Hi. This is why I can never be a mercher. If I see that someone has made a mistake by putting something 10m cheaper than it should be...I would buy it (if I had enough gold) and find the player so that I could return it. Time and time again people tell me I'm too soft and I do get taken advantage of and yes it does hurt when I loan stuff and don't see it again. I'm just made this way I suppose. I am toughening up a bit more but still find it difficult. Now..if someone could teach me how to be less sentimental and over emotional I would be grateful.
    This does not necessary mean he put it for 2m by mistake. It is his item and he sells it for whatever price he sees fit. The Al rule dictate all trades are final in auction and it is ultimately your decision whether you want to give it to him for free, for 2m or 10m. In the real world, mistakes can destroy business and structures even the slightest ones can lead to bankruptcy. By returning the gold, you just give them the illusion that mistakes have no real consequences which is not a good lesson for anyone.

No one is made this way, you are not soft. The decisions you make for yourself makes you who you are. If you lend time and time again and get scammed,you fundamentally need to ask yourself, "Why?"

The answer to your question is, you are a sucker. You keep making the same mistakes and think " I am soft" or " I am made this way." You are making same mistakes expecting different outcomes. Again, you are not learning the consequences of your own mistakes thus leading to "YOU" being emotionally hurt. Ask yourself, Is that really worth it?

P.S. If I bought this and the player messaged me for return then I would return it but would not reach out to him to return it.
    I am just giving you some tough love here. Not attacking or hating you for anything.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post: