Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handsumlegend's Ultimate Guide to Merching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Default Handsumlegend's Ultimate Guide to Merching

So you worked hard to make a million or two and now sure how you want to spend it? Say No more nab, I will show you the ropes.

Follow this simple rules and you will be the greatest Merchant AL has ever seen.

Personality:

Merching is not for everyone. It requires you to be:

Patient - not everyone will want whatever item you have and don't take lower offers just because you did not get much offer with it or don't settle for low offers. Remember price is not a permanent thing. Price falls and rise all the time so just wait until the price is something you are happy with.

Calm - respect other people's offer no matter how low it is. Nobody needs you to rage if someone offer 1m for an item worth 50m. Just say "nty" and move on.

Social - make connections and be good friends with farmers in the game for example, few people who will sell you locked or jewels every time. let them know you will buy it if they have it again.

Reasonable - there is a hierarchy of merchant, people with lower gold than you will sell for lower prices so buy from other merchants for reasonable price and try to resell. If you do this, make sure you are 100% sure you can sell for a higher price. E.g. Buy nekro 5.5m then resell in 3 hours to make 5.8m

Memory - not necessary but helps to remember ign of buyers and sellers u see around towns.

IMPORTANT:

Build your own strategy for merching and you will be able to do this by experimenting with different things. A few of mine are:

1. I used to buy mythic daggers level 51 rune-steel(flame), there was no awakening back then and I used to buy 3x excellent finesse jewels and put them on it. It cost me 200k to do this but I would sell this in auction for 300-400k at cap level 56. They used to sell really fast so know what kind of stuff people are into in the game and how you can use the system to make profit.

2. Noble jewel shatter - some times, I would find noble water/diamond/water/lighting jewel shatter in auction for 5-10k recipe then I would buy a noble jewels the cheap ones like noble water/diamond/water/lighting jewels for less than 40k and make one fortified of each type of jeweling making a net profit of 50k.

Rules of Merching:

1. You are merching to make gold so that you can make even more gold. NEVER forget that.
    2. Always carry gold with you, you never know when you will run into good offers. A majority of my merchant gold comes from pure luck so make sure u have gold with you at all times. Pic below for one example.
    3. Know the prices of all items, check the auction often for items and learn how much people buy and sell them for. Ask friends, guild or even me.
    4. Set a minimum profit you want from X or Y items and maximum. When people ask you to buy them, tell them your maximum and accept offers if it falls within your range ( don't go crazy with maximum prices as it will scare poorer players....for life hehe). Sometimes you will be able to "milk" them. This is a test to find out how badly they want whatever you are selling and if you know they want something badly, you can raise or stand on a price and they will buy it nonetheless 90% of the time ( playing dirty). Only Pro Merchants do this. You will learn this as you merch and experience.
    5. keep a record of what you merch so you can make sure you can make up for losses you have. I personally use this thread: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ittle-Big-Sale
    6. Be careful when trading. Don't get scammed. Don't cheat, remember all of your work means nothing if you are banned.
    7. Know your audience, determine who your item is targeting and where is the best place to find this type of players. Paradise Pier? Expedition camp? Chancel of Light? Are they willing to pay you an extra 100k? ask yourself and think like the buyer.
    8. Utilize events, it is the best time to buy items because price lowers and sell after event (requires patient)
    9. Don't hoard stuff for more than 2 months. You want to make profit fast.
    10. Don't get attached to items. Remember they are a means for you to get more gold.
    11. Always read weekly guide as they can help you decide which items will rise or drop in price before anyone else.
    So you see something good and seller asked to offer? How do you determine how much to offer?

---> coming up soon

Name:  0F3D8BDB-1905-45DC-899F-0D055D647D0D.png
Views: 5087
Size:  1.17 MB

Backstory: I used to be a hardcore km3 farmer back in the day and I got Repetitive Strain Injury from that (RSI). Then grinding to mausoleum 6 made RSI even worse. This meant I could not farm physically anymore so my only option was to merch and I had to become good at it fast. I used to farm with my warrior "Genemorph". It was an ign I picked back in 2013 because I used to be a harcore Young Justice fan.

P.S: I use the my ign in the title so I can search this threads easily. I don't particularly like to refer to myself in 3rd person.
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 08-13-2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: updated guide

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Hi. This is why I can never be a mercher. If I see that someone has made a mistake by putting something 10m cheaper than it should be...I would buy it (if I had enough gold) and find the player so that I could return it. Time and time again people tell me I'm too soft and I do get taken advantage of and yes it does hurt when I loan stuff and don't see it again. I'm just made this way I suppose. I am toughening up a bit more but still find it difficult. Now..if someone could teach me how to be less sentimental and over emotional I would be grateful.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

nice guide :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkreign For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Hi. This is why I can never be a mercher. If I see that someone has made a mistake by putting something 10m cheaper than it should be...I would buy it (if I had enough gold) and find the player so that I could return it. Time and time again people tell me I'm too soft and I do get taken advantage of and yes it does hurt when I loan stuff and don't see it again. I'm just made this way I suppose. I am toughening up a bit more but still find it difficult. Now..if someone could teach me how to be less sentimental and over emotional I would be grateful.
    This does not necessary mean he put it for 2m by mistake. It is his item and he sells it for whatever price he sees fit. The Al rule dictate all trades are final in auction and it is ultimately your decision whether you want to give it to him for free, for 2m or 10m. In the real world, mistakes can destroy business and structures even the slightest ones can lead to bankruptcy. By returning the gold, you just give them the illusion that mistakes have no real consequences which is not a good lesson for anyone.

No one is made this way, you are not soft. The decisions you make for yourself makes you who you are. If you lend time and time again and get scammed,you fundamentally need to ask yourself, "Why?"

The answer to your question is, you are a sucker. You keep making the same mistakes and think " I am soft" or " I am made this way." You are making same mistakes expecting different outcomes. Again, you are not learning the consequences of your own mistakes thus leading to "YOU" being emotionally hurt. Ask yourself, Is that really worth it?

P.S. If I bought this and the player messaged me for return then I would return it but would not reach out to him to return it.
    I am just giving you some tough love here. Not attacking or hating you for anything.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

You're quite right. I always imagine the worse and automatically put myself in other people's shoes and it's all what I think and not what's real. For instance, I "imagined* the player had made a mistake then went on to feel that player's disappointment. I don't loan stuff now because I don't have much left that I would part with. Yet another daft trait I have is the one you mentioned..I cling on to things. I honestly won't sell vanities I never use. It's totally ridiculous and I know it. I'm rather poor atm so I really should sell them. Thankyou for your reply.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    You're quite right. I always imagine the worse and automatically put myself in other people's shoes and it's all what I think and not what's real. For instance, I "imagined* the player had made a mistake then went on to feel that player's disappointment. I don't loan stuff now because I don't have much left that I would part with. Yet another daft trait I have is the one you mentioned..I cling on to things. I honestly won't sell vanities I never use. It's totally ridiculous and I know it. I'm rather poor atm so I really should sell them. Thankyou for your reply.
    Don’t be too hard on yourself. You are after all one of my favourite Arlorian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

the only thing i have to say is nice job! ive noticed you make some nice guides regarding gold making.
    hopefully it will help someone to try it and learn

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nevercan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Don’t be too hard on yourself. You are after all one of my favourite Arlorian
    Thankyou for your advice Oh..it is a really good guide and I have decided to start selling things after the event has finished. I am determined to get rid of all the stuff I don't use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ty for guide i try to merch couple times but always lost so i quit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Thats right, you gotta toughen up and JUST TAKE ITEMS LIKE AS IF YOU WERE TAKING ************************************************** **********

jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm not a good mercher lol.

Sent from my ST7150 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Nice thread handsum!, keep up the good work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

you might also want to include arlorian egg-shell ring and the pet lucky which gives 5% reroll buff as its passive. so slot cupcake's happiness and Hisha's aa into lucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice thanks dude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Very helpful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nice guide ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hah,like a year ago,I remember the time i brought a mummy coffin for 300k,then sold for 6.8m haha

Sent from my ASUS_Z002 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Very nice guide

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thank you for your guide for helping how to make gold new to arcane legends and thank u