Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can we talk about the gold paywall?

Thanks

Default Can we talk about the gold paywall?

Myself and a few other of the more hardcore players have reached a very nasty gold paywall. Right now we have two options.

1 - Play for several years to reach the gold needed (I calculated this, I'm not just pulling a random figure out)

2 - Pay $500 dollars to buy the adequate gold to progress

This makes the game pay 2 win in its current format, which I know is not what you want in STS, what plans do you have to combat this?

I'm more than happy to grind all day, but if I receive nothing from it, it makes you wonder why players should continue playing after hitting the gold wall at all

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noobzilla For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 420 Posts

I recommend collecting Platinum from the Free Chest, Daily Log-In Rewards and by finishing all of your Quests.
    Achievements will also have given you a substantial amount of Platinum.
    None of our other games have done this and it's pretty cool :-)
    | | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I recommend collecting Platinum from the Free Chest, Daily Log-In Rewards and by finishing all of your Quests.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,715 Times in 1,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Looking forward to your solution.
    | | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Looking forward to your solution.
    Working on it, I expect compensation for work completed. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I have repeatedly seen this quote stating this fact about giving plat but I now feel obligated to share my opinion regarding this,

While we appreciate this a lot.. (I mean better than nothing right?)

I have noticed that the amount of plat earned slows down exponentially as you come to tier 4.
    I personally bought tier 3 50% and reforge and speed up a few things and all my platinum went away in a flash. The daily drip of platinum does not exceed 30 plat if u collect every 4 hours for 24 hours ( free chests) given u get plat every time you collect the chest which is nearly impossible; These chests really should stack at least 2 of them for 8 hours. This excludes daily login bonuses which I personally feel is not substantial considering is not awarded everyday.

As for daily, you only get 4 platinum a day ( it can't even be used to reforge an average weapon once)

The gears are spells and shards and lack of gold really limit the amount of achievements. More than 98% of the plat awarded come from being level 12 or end game which can't be expected from the beginner players who struggle immensely with gear repair cost since pay our and liquidation is not sufficient.

On average, a player does not get more than 20 plat a day excluding aps rewards. Which is 140 plat a week. A legendary chest at tier 7 cost 400 which means it will take almost a month to afford one and u are not even guaranteed the weapon/items u want. I am sure you guys see the frustration for players here.

My suggestions:

+ reduce gear repair cost substantially, especially at lower tiers
    or
    + increase the item's durability
    or
    increase the amount of plat awarded daily

P.S. I actually bought plat because i could not be asked with farming gold bs ( hehe good luck suckers) and have millions of gold and more than enough plat to last me until t12. I am currently t7 now. So I am not affected by this anymore but just sharing my perspective on this for others i can sympathise with

I would love to hear what a dev has to say about this. Please do note, this is how I feel and many other feel similar way if not the same. I am not hating on the game. I just feel like this is how I need to express this to provide honest feed back so the game can become more enjoyable for everyone.
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 11-10-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu0...ygHYI5_ut-h8Ew
    ign: Handsumlegend, Genemorph and Exconartists

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks

I actually bought plat because i could not be asked with farming gold bs ( hehe good luck suckers) and have millions of gold and more than enough plat to last me until t12. I am currently t7 now. So I am not affected by this anymore but just sharing my perspective on this for others i can sympathise with.
    This is how a pay wall is designed to work... the alternative is a hard and lengthy task, so people chose to by plat to skip the grind.

Not a criticism... that’s the F2P model.

My opinion is that the gold pay wall becomes a bit too steep late game, and too interruptive of game play.

By this I mean the gold gathering and upgrade processing for ONE upgrade can take days, and you usually need to make multiple upgrades to power up enough to progress either in stars or tier.

During the wait, playing the maps becomes boring (because you know you’re not getting any more stars until you have these upgrades) and the game becomes less satisfying.

That’s great for P2W aspect as that’s where it’s a “no thanks lol @ that grind” and plat is bought.

F2P Might think one of two things:

1. Play on. Feel adequately rewarded for time invested.

2. Get bored and unmotivated, eventually abandon game.

I feel like at the moment it *may* sway towards the second one for a lot of people, especially if they start to extrapolate and work out how long everything will take.

Even more so for players who are installing this game with no prior ties to the STS games/community. Old players I’d imagine are naturally more forgiving and will wait it out for the balance to be found.

I don’t know the solution but I do know that it feels weird for the game itself to offer so relatively little in terms of “earning” gold through gameplay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been grinding like crazy and gold is the problem. I feel if sts would bump up the payouts just a little it would help. I understand the need to not make it to easy or everyone would be at t12 and crying for more content.