Thread: What needs to be said that hardly anyone wants to say...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default What needs to be said that hardly anyone wants to say...

NOTE: This thread is not to start any drama, ridicule or call out any players, intend harm or jab. It is simply a player speaking their mind from the experiences I have come to witness. I will refrain from calling anyone out or using specific names. I understand STS will more than likely lock or close this thread but someone has to say it.

As of lately there seems to have been a dark cloud over AL, maybe for about two years now and it seems to be caused by an elite percentage of the game that have established dominance over the rest. Theoretically speaking, it seems to be dictatorship, but instead, it's a guild(s) or guild members that seem to have been pooping on the party of other players. For as long as AL has been alive, there has been drama continuously on forums and YouTube with guilds trying to establish dominance over one another. But I am a season one player and never in my AL career have I seen such disgusting behavior that I've witnessed lately. The guild battlegrounds with the inappropriate language referring to personal bodies, the swearing and extreme bullying over YouTube, even to the point where innocent people are getting sucked into it. I don't want to point the blame to a specific group, but we all have eyes and are able to see that ever since a few twinks came to endgame, they have established unhealthy dominance over PvP and used that dominance to bully others. I have personally witnessed the harassment from the small percent, and then later, the cover up to avoid a permanent ban. Other players outside of the guild(s) are literally afraidto PvP because they'll be harassed, bullied, and put on YouTube if they attempt to defend themselves. We are all playing the same game yet some of us seem to have forgotten why we played it in the first place; for fun! Since when did AL become a place of jeering? You people know who you are, and you have ruined the experience for many people that truly enjoyed Arcane Legends. I truly hope that something is done about the behavior of these players. We are not given the option to ignore it, we see it in maps, we see it all over battleground. The abuse of battleground has become the most disturbing to me because it's not even about PvP, it's about personal situations in which should remain personal. I realize that STS can only do so much outside of the game, but it is my hope that these people that have permanently ruined the Arcane Legends experience will not be allowed to continue with this type of behavior. Sadly, it is not the entire guild(s), but you know what they say about the rotten apple.

-A very unhappy player that is tired of the never ending drama regarding this small percent.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hahaha u mean the immature tantrums of magnum voice and purge in endgame?
    Paynalayze

MAGNUM

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to say it:

Likely less attention was paid to Al when they started Pocket Legends Adventures? The game will be bringing in money and really has less work to put into in then AL(easier expansions).

So hopefully (and I suspect) we should get some rich content as was hinted at by G a while back.

But definitely check out PLA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skilledpvp View Post
    Hahaha u mean the immature tantrums of magnum voice and purge in endgame?
    Pretty obvious no? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Runny_Is_Back View Post
    Pretty obvious no? :P
    Endgame pvp personally is truly fun. Much more interesting than boring twink levels. But...... The rivalry between these guilds ruin it for everyone. its almost like war between two countries, guilds that decides to have some fun in between gets screwed over. And that's kinda discouraging.
    Paynalayze

MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

This is indeed the reality of PvP nowadays. Some people are using in-game features to humiliate others like guild battleground.

Its just annoying to see some nasty af guildnames popping up in screen especially for those people who dont even give a f about their drama ,like me..... seriously..... this needs to be addressed.

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I 100% agree with what has been said..
    For those who disagree, please take a look at the guild section, pop open a few guild intros, read a few comments and you’ll see for yourselves..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'd agree.

I have to say: it is pretty amusing watching how one party tries to degrade another party.

PvP drama on LV 61 is ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Most likely roots from the lack of something to do in PvP. If you were running a lb, you wouldn't have time for this.

#easysolutionendgametdmlb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

In the very old days of season one/two/three pvp was a lot of fun .... i mean there were certain players that were rude/offensive/unkind/etc etc etc, BUT you could get a group of players that were just having fun together, non competitive, just trying stuff out, having an absolute giggle, and i met some good friends this way?!?!?

Pedgon would always be there in the background flagging endlessly ... lol .... then switch to other team and quietly rattle away both teams flags so he would get 8 flags ... but he would never sink all flags and break our game .... he'd skip out and move onto the next map and leave us to it so we could end when we chose .... respectful?
    But currently i find the whole energy in pvp childish and rude and insulting, and never set foot in it.

It would be REALLY good if we could get like a confined group of say 4-8 chosen party induced players that could enter a fun and drama free pvp map ... like a party leader with 8 places so anyone being cruel can be removed from the party? Then we could just have an uncompetitive laugh like in the old days in a party lead environment. Then maybe i would go back to pvp?

Hmmmmmm
    There is a fine art to competitiveness, and it has nothing to do with insults, putting opposition down, gleefully rubbing it in when some one loses, or bullying or any kind of negative energy at all. It has everything to do with kindness, honour, fairplay, good humour, and above all respect for your opposition. There will be many many times in multiple sitiuations where in order to win sometimes you are gonna have to lose ... .so learn to do both with the upmost of good grace.

As far as the global battleground messages are concerned i find the "for sale" global messages a real bore ... as do most of Al's old timers, its just embarrasing lol ... roll of the eyes ... derrrrr?!?!?!?
    But the global battleground rude messages should be stopped please ... they are unkind and tarnish the rich colours of AL ... the only person that looks a fool are those posting them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amen to that

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pvp disrespect is root from immaturity and self esteem problems. In....any...game...that's the truth. It's just the way people with these issues deal with things.

If you wanna put someone down do it in pvp and not with your words, show your skill not your vocabulary.