Sorry this is an old thread, but I found it useful and have some input on the subject.

I've found Wildfire to be great all around for GY/Maus, and useful for any map that you can stack, clock (freeze), and burn. A Dusk Brutality staff is good for more spread out maps (and much cheaper).

After tinkering with a few builds, I've found some success with a 2:1 INT/STR builds, giving enough HP for GY/Maus and enough damage to keep pace.

- Shield (all except kickback)
- Clock all
- Heal all
- Gale all

All passives except crit (I have heroic Littlebear for that ;P )

Shield Mastery (10/10) for 15% bonus [seems like a lot - 10 skill points - for only 15% bonus, but I feel it's worth it]
Gale 2/10 for removing debuffs
Clock 2/10 for freezing

I have found that when I remove heal, the party starts complaining nonstop for mana, but I do have firebolt as well for solo'ing.

- Helm: since DMG doesn't matter as much as proc, Go for Brutality, (Int / Str/ DMG) or Security (swaps armor for dmg). The Mythic helm is more expensive and I haven't found it to be worth it to buy(haven't tried)

- Armor: Mythic (Undying Husk int/str) armor is a nice upgrade (extra gem/awake slots are underrated) and not too expensive (15k+). If you can afford it, get the Iron lung armor (Slightly better but in the 200-300k range vs 15k+ for undying husk)

- Belt: (DMG Build) Int/Str/DMG (Mind order gems for dmg), OR (Durability Build) Build - Str/Int/Armor with fury/hp gems

- Ring: Int/Str/DMG or Str/Int/Armor

- Necklace: I like to use the wild talisman of will (Str primary, Int 2nd, armor, dmg, 1 h/s) with HP or fury gems for durability , or the Int/Str/Dmg build with mind order gems for dmg.

- Artifact: 5STR/5INT alacrity (cheap and good)

- Pet: Heroic Littlebear (Durability!!), Heroic Cottonkill (best value IMO), or Nightshade (with Nilbog AA for Curse in GY/Maus)

Conclusion: Having a few options for durability vs damage doesn't have to be expensive. Dusk/Light gear is often under 10k. Having STR as primary stat on Belt/jewelry (even above INT) is good, and can make you much less squishy, while also having the ability to swap for straight damage.

Question: Did Order gem damage get fixed (it was working everywhere before, now is it only Somberholt)? Thanks. I haven't really noticed a difference and I use straight Order Mind Gems for my DMG build