Thread: Build for when using flame staff

Thanks

Default Build for when using flame staff

Hi.

Was wondering if anybody got a special build for when you're using a flameforged staff. Do you put all points in STR etc? any help appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    Hi.

Was wondering if anybody got a special build for when you're using a flameforged staff. Do you put all points in STR etc? any help appreciated.
    It depends on your level and the map you are going to play. As well as what role you chose to play? Offence? or Support?

Thanks

Most likely to play graveyard/maus as an offensive player relying on the proc to dmg.

edit: lvl 60 soon 61
    Last edited by DalleManden; 11-17-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,341 Posts

There isn't one build just for hex, you can go for any build that works for your gear and skill.

When summerholt expansion came out the mobs were way op, so people started trying str/int builds to compensate, that seems to be when most went to str builds (often 50/50). It's not that the staff will be better due to your build but it will shine against certain mobs (like giant skeletons), or in certain maps like higher level maus maps.
    The staff is popular because it works well against mobs with high hit points, it reacts to some pets aa really well (like magma), and complements any damage over time effects, which the Mage has a lot of (fire, clock, ice).

It's fun to use in gy just for the hell of it, but honestly a dusk staff works just as well if not better because the mobs don't have high hp. I only break mine out in maus 4+, otherwise it's just for jewel farming.

Personally I'm no fan of str build smurfs, I'd rather them stop being wimps who slow down my runs XD
    \m/,___(-. - ')____,\m/
    defend Kekistan! - No I won't watch or sub ur youtube channel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    There isn't one build just for hex, you can go for any build that works for your gear and skill.

When summerholt expansion came out the mobs were way op, so people started trying str/int builds to compensate, that seems to be when most went to str builds (often 50/50). It's not that the staff will be better due to your build but it will shine against certain mobs (like giant skeletons), or in certain maps like higher level maus maps.
    The staff is popular because it works well against mobs with high hit points, it reacts to some pets aa really well (like magma), and complements any damage over time effects, which the Mage has a lot of (fire, clock, ice).

It's fun to use in gy just for the hell of it, but honestly a dusk staff works just as well if not better because the mobs don't have high hp. I only break mine out in maus 4+, otherwise it's just for jewel farming.

Personally I'm no fan of str build smurfs, I'd rather them stop being wimps who slow down my runs XD
    Thanks for the detailed answer! I might just swap my staff out for a dusk staff then. A lot cheaper as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    Thanks for the detailed answer! I might just swap my staff out for a dusk staff then. A lot cheaper as well.
    I ll suggest you to keep the flame staff for maus 3/4+, as well as buy a dusk staff once you reach level 61. Both the staffs compliment offensive play style, though flame staff will give you an edge with parties where other mage use flame staff/immortal staff, things die quickly with its proc. You will mostly be going str/int 50/50 or full int build for offence, but you will have to choose and tweak the build yourself depending on the gear you choose.

I will suggest full int build if you are going to use Voice or Nightmare set. Mix str/int 50/50 or full str built if you are using Legendary (Brutality/Assault) set.
    A damage dealer who can stay alive and can do sustained damage is anytime better than one who does burst damage but dies quickly.

Thanks

Thanks for the detailed answers guys! really appreciate it