Thread: Currency Exchange + Ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Currency Exchange + Ideas

1. New accounts will no longer recieve 10 free platinum & any accounts that are inactive for longer than 6 months will be deleted. This includes their characters which will allow people to grab a new name & will also revamp the entire game for a new player base.

2. Currency Exchange.
    There will be a new exchange market, it will be accessible through Tori.
    The idea of this market is for the server to gather statistics based upon how much platinum it recieves & in return it will determine the price of gold to platinum ratio.
    The base for the server will be a 100 platinum to 100k gold ratio. Once the market starts to recieve more platinum the price of which it sells & buys for will decrease. Or it can just remain a fixed base price.
    Everytime you wish to buy or sell gold/platinum you will be taxed an additional 10% ontop of your purchase. To avoid abuse any 1 - 9 platinum bought or sold will be taxed with a base of 1 platinum & that'll be the same for gold.
    Basically platinum is only available to be purchased when a player sells theirs to the exchange market, gold on the other hand will be given from the server out of void in order to pay for the platinum.
    I understand more gold will be in circulation however this isn't a bad thing. The tax will take it out slowly over time & players will finally have the gold to pay for items that they wish to buy on the regular market.

(I understand your way of dealing with this type of update would most likely be just adding bags of platinum that can be sold on the market & no additional gold will enter the game. I just prefer the other way as it seems like a better system, being able to exchange for the exact amount of gold or platinum that you want, that seems way better in my opinion. Plus the people won't be able to set the bar for the prices which in my opinion would be a good thing, people overprice everything on the market, you should consider adding a fixed price for items to prevent merching & encourage farming.)

3. Item prices need to be fixed like the guild charter for example it costs 20 platinum yet to buy it with gold it costs 250k, you need to balance the prices. Also you didn't change daily deals, the 2k platinum crown that used to be 500 is still sold for 400 through daily deals. I want to see this game revamped, it is time to stop cutting corners & finish what has been started.

4. I'd like to see a search all option in the market. A list of all the items that are tradable in game sorted by category, image & stats. (Would be neat.)
    Currently you have a hidden ring market in the market which a portion of players don't know about, that's why I am suggesting a revamp.
    The game has become an unbalanced mess. Filled with basically a few old items mixed together & recolours.. We're literally playing the same content in a different form that's masked by a bunch of sparkles & glows. Completely pointless.
    There are some things that are unique but for the most part not much. I appreciate your work however I just don't see the point of recreating content that is pretty much just identical to prior content.

If you need ideas for designs of items we're here for you. Just ask your community what style of items they'd like to see, get them to create an image of that item & post pictures of it on forums so you can design it in game. Perhaps a description of item perks & a little lore about how the item relates to the game would be cool to see as well.

I understand you're very busy & run multiple games however this is all stuff that can be done in due time.
    Pocket legends will grow to be as successful as the amount of effort you put into it. Old gens are the main reason Pocket Legends is still alive, this needs to change. Think about it, do you think people want to see old content or different content? What made pl such a hit back then was how unique everything was, bring that back & the people will follow.

I hope you consider my requests & thank you for reading.

Edit - 1 more thing I'd like to add is that you remove trading, also make it so people can list items for free however the person who buys the item has to pay 10% extra. So you list the item for 1000coins, the item will sell for 1100 coins to others.
    Last edited by Dchar7; 11-17-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dchar7 View Post
    1. New accounts will no longer recieve 10 free platinum & any accounts that are inactive for longer than 3 months will be deleted. This includes their characters which will allow people to grab a new name & will also revamp the entire game for a new player base.

2. Currency Exchange.
    The idea of this market is for the server to gather statistics based upon how much platinum it recieves & in return it will determine the price of gold to platinum ratio.
    The base for the server will be a 100 platinum to 1 million gold ratio, 1-1000. (Just an example.) Once the market starts to recieve more platinum the price of which it sells & buys for will decrease.
    Everytime you wish to buy or sell gold/platinum you will be taxed an additional 10% ontop of your purchase. To avoid abuse any 1 - 9 platinum bought or sold will be taxed with a base of 1 platinum & that'll be the same for gold.
    Basically platinum is only available to be purchased when a player sells theirs to the exchange market, gold on the other hand will be given from the server out of void in order to pay for the platinum.
    I understand more gold will be in circulation however this isn't a bad thing. The tax will take it out slowly over time & players will finally have the gold to pay for items that they wish to buy on the regular market.

(I understand your way of dealing with this type of update would most likely be just adding bags of platinum that can be sold on the market & no additional gold will enter the game. I just prefer the other way as it seems like a better system, being able to exchange for the exact amount of gold or platinum that you want, that seems way better in my opinion. Plus the people won't be able to set the bar for the prices which in my opinion would be a good thing, people overprice everything on the market, you should consider adding a fixed price for items to prevent merching & encourage farming.)

3. Item prices need to be fixed like the guild charter for example it costs 20 platinum yet to buy it with gold it costs 250k, you need to balance the prices. Also you didn't change daily deals, the 2k platinum crown that used to be 500 is still sold for 400 through daily deals. I want to see this game revamped, it is time to stop cutting corners & finish what has been started.

4. I'd like to see a search all option in the market. A list of all the items that are tradable in game sorted by category, image & stats. (Would be neat.)
    Currently you have a hidden ring market in the market which a portion of players don't know about, that's why I am suggesting a revamp.
    The game has become an unbalanced mess. Filled with basically a few old items mixed together & recolours.. We're literally playing the same content in a different form that's masked by a bunch of sparkles & glows. Completely pointless.
    There are some things that are unique but for the most part not much. I appreciate your work however I just don't see the point of recreating content that is pretty much just identical to prior content.

If you need ideas for designs of items we're here for you. Just ask your community what style of items they'd like to see, get them to create an image of that item & post pictures of it on forums so you can design it in game. Perhaps a description of item perks & a little lore about how the item relates to the game would be cool to see as well.

I understand you're very busy & run multiple games however this is all stuff that can be done in due time.
    Pocket legends will grow to be as successful as the amount of effort you put into it. Old gens are the main reason Pocket Legends is still alive, this needs to change. Think about it, do you think people want to see old content or different content? What made pl such a hit back then was how unique everything was, bring that back & the people will follow.

I say no to this simply because other games have completely gone under after adding a trade system such as this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

1. New accounts will no longer recieve 10 free platinum & any accounts that are inactive for longer than 3 months will be deleted. This includes their characters which will allow people to grab a new name & will also revamp the entire game for a new player base.

2. Currency Exchange.
    The base for the server will be a 100 platinum to 1 million gold ratio, 1-1000. (Just an example.) Once the market starts to recieve more platinum the price of which it sells & buys for will decrease.

Edit - 1 more thing I'd like to add is that you remove trading, also make it so people can list items for free however the person who buys the item has to pay 10% extra. So you list the item for 1000coins, the item will sell for 1100 coins to others.
    Major disagree with number 1. Not everyone truely has time to get on PL everyday and it'll suck for people who gets on every now and then like i use to. It shouldn't even work for people who's been banned since supposedly you can speak out against your bans if you view it unfairly, doesn't work because I'm still banned for no legitimate reason until proof is showed against me. I've had friends come back after many years of inactivity so that'll also suck. What StS SHOULD DO is stick to THEIR WORDS and allow us to petition our bans. I was banned almost ago and i still view it as unfair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

For the first idea, I disagree with, PERIOD lol. Mainly because of the 3 months inactivity = account being deleted. A lot of people take breaks from PL for various reasons and they can last for more than 3months. I could understand with MAYBE 5+ years, but 3 months is wayyyy too short. For the 10 platinum, i don’t really mind wherher it’s there or not.
    Ideas 3&4, I agree with. The platinum/gold prices need to be balanced out, and a search bar with the extra feature would be a plus, and a ring slot in cs would help out a lot as well for newer players. PL definitely does have some balancing issues in more ways than one, but that’s what forums are for after all. I highly doubt the whole deal with the recolored items is because of a lack of ideas for the items, more so, a lack of motivation or time for a game as old as PL for STS. They’re busy with newer games that might/could have possibly a bigger fanbase and revenue. It’s a business at the end of the day.
    Idea 2 isn’t possible regardless if it would work out or not with PL, mainly because of what i said earlier with STS focusing more time on other games rather than completely making a new exhange system for PL, which isn’t really that needed tbh.
    Last edited by Arvoh; 11-17-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Anybody has time to login for 5 seconds every 3 months.. If you got banned it would of been for a valid reason period.
    People go inactive over time. Still no reason for their accounts to be deleted. I use to go inactive from PL months at a time but we still come in to check out what's new. Other game companies does not do this so why should StS? False. You CAN be banned for absolutely no reason. In my Case it was a stupid reason with no facts to back up why i was banned. 300 people got banned during 2016 Christmas heading into the new year of Jan. Majority of which complained that their reasoning was not even true. Now many of which deserved the ban because they was selling accounts and gold for real world currency but for my case StS can't even tell me what i really was banned for. I asked 2 people. Both gave me two different reasons. Talk about fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    People go inactive over time. Still no reason for their accounts to be deleted. I use to go inactive from PL months at a time but we still come in to check out what's new. Other game companies does not do this so why should StS? False. You CAN be banned for absolutely no reason. In my Case it was a stupid reason with no facts to back up why i was banned. 300 people got banned during 2016 Christmas heading into the new year of Jan. Majority of which complained that their reasoning was not even true. Now many of which deserved the ban because they was selling accounts and gold for real world currency but for my case StS can't even tell me what i reallt was banned for. I asked 2 people. Both gave me different reasons. Talk about fair.
    I didn't mean to delete my other post, I can't seem to edit them, it just deletes them. Anyway..

I understand where you're coming from, sts just doesn't have much time for pl or its community anymore which is unfair.

There're games that delete accounts over time, I remember I use to play Adventure Quest & I logged in to my account, it got deleted lol. I didn't care much though, that was a kids game.
    Maybe giving people 6 months is better, there's really no reason for anyone to keep their account if they don't login twice a year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I didn't mean to delete my other post, I can't seem to edit them, it just deletes them. Anyway..

I understand where you're coming from, sts just doesn't have much time for pl or its community anymore which is unfair.

There're games that delete accounts over time, I remember I use to play Adventure Quest & I logged in to my account, it got deleted lol. I didn't care much though, that was a kids game.
    Maybe giving people 6 months is better, there's really no reason for anyone to keep their account if they don't login twice a year.
    I agree where you were coming from in the begining. People hog names then end up going inactive or completely quiting the game keeping their name. If anything allowing people to have the same name would be fair in that case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

#1 is a horrible idea.
    And don't remove trading.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by plpr; 11-17-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    I agree where you were coming from in the begining. People hog names then end up going inactive or completely quiting the game keeping their name. If anything allowing people to have the same name would be fair in that case.
    True, I know some games go by player code & allow anyone to have the same name. Our account could be defined by our unique account number instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

True, I know some games go by player code & allow anyone to have the same name. Our account could be defined by our unique account number instead.
    Let me simply say this is a major change that is about oh I'd say 7 years too late to implement. It's not going to happen. Not should it. It would just cause more scams.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    #1 is a horrible idea.
    And don't remove trading.

#1 is not horrible. Those who do not care to check in twice a year can stick to guest accounts.

2. Removing trading would be a good thing, no more scams for the most part. Those who try to sell accounts will just be automatically banned with a chat/pm detector in game for 1 day, 1 week, life. 3 strikes. I know this won't prevent it completely, I know how to but it is extreme & I know sts would never do it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Let me simply say this is a major change that is about oh I'd say 7 years too late to implement. It's not going to happen. Not should it. It would just cause more scams.

Upon clicking the person you want to trade you would be able to see their unique account code, so if someone with the same name came along you would be able to tell who is who. I know people would still get scammed as they would be dumb & not check the UAN. That's why I suggest remove trading as well.

Anyway I know none of these changes will happen, I just wanted to suggest them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Default Currency Exchange + Ideas

agree with 2/3 topics. makes sense to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Dont remove trade or delete accounts. i agree with the revamp entirely, this is STS's best game even after 7 years. It is completely worth it to do a revamp. Add more for new players, remove prison or make it L80-85 only etc... just needs some work... pretty sure we match profits of other games and were at our lowest...
    Last edited by Kurvy; 11-18-2017 at 09:28 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Shonex View Post
    Less of this^