Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove Auction House/CS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Red face Remove Auction House/CS

I know this is gonna spark a lot of controversy but CS is bad for Pocket Legends nowadays. Cs is wrecking all of PLs Vanities/Items/Sets prices, the prices get listed lower and lower and lower till the item is worthless... if it was removed people could sell everything for the prices they wanted... this would be so beneficial to the community/economics of PL as a whole...

Examples
    1. Founders original price was 80m... dropped to 60, to 40, to 20 over the last year... in the past few days its dropped from 22m to 14m all due to the listings in CS, this is one example but really EVERYTHING can be used as an example because EVERYTHING has dropped at least 60% of its original price because of CS...

I know auction house is used in a lot of games... but for some reason we cant handle it... this should SERIOUSLY be considered.

Note: to all the people who log on 5 seconds a day to check CS and Re-list items who plan on arguing this, you should try playing more or else whats the point?

This would easily work if we gave PL 1-2months notice of CS being removed so people could take all of their stuff out... or i dont know if it could just go automatically go to peoples stashes...im pretty sure stuff expires after 30 days anyways. this should be done though....its for the best.

EXTRA: Possibly add a limit to CS so you could only list stuff for 1.5m or less, or something around that number...
    Last edited by Kurvy; 11-18-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

That could fix the prices. A big reason prices do go down is because there’s always a person who sells an item in CS or in town that is ridiculously cheaper than the normal price. Whether they just want gold now or are impatient sellers, this makes everyone else follows, this cycle repeats and thats how you go 80m-14m. Not having a CS at all would make it harder and longer for people to sell their items who don’t play much, since they’ll have to manually sell them themselves. It would be nice to have CS have fixed prices for items that don’t lower week after week. This would save all the items from becoming worthless over time. But a big revamp on CS to list a fixed price for every item in the game would probably be too time consuming and probably not worth the effort for STS since a new game was just released. PL is 7yrs old and it doesn’t look like its a top priority for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmyv13Avmfs
    ...Lol...
    Last edited by Arvoh; 11-18-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arvoh View Post
    That could fix the prices. A big reason prices do go down is because there’s always a person who sells an item in CS or in town that is ridiculously cheaper than the normal price. Whether they just want gold now or are impatient sellers, this makes everyone else follows, this cycle repeats and thats how you go 80m-14m. Not having a CS at all would make it harder and longer for people to sell their items who don’t play much, since they’ll have to manually sell them themselves. It would be nice to have CS have fixed prices for items that don’t lower week after week. This would save all the items from becoming worthless over time. But a big revamp on CS to list a fixed price for every item in the game would probably be too time consuming and probably not worth the effort for STS since a new game was just released. PL is 7yrs old and it doesn’t look like its a top priority for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmyv13Avmfs
    ...Lol...
    7yo doesnt matter, still STS's best game. Well worth it to fix it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Nah this is awful idea. We run cs. Its us who lowers the prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    Think about stuff before you post it. This thread is valid and would help with so many problems. Who do you think lists stuff lower and lower in cs? Does STS's Staff come on and do it when we're all sleeping? Its the community that does it.
    My point is, if we lower the stuff then what makes trading any different from cs? We would still lower stuff

Basic economy 101 tought by communist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iDarkviper View Post
    My point is, if we lower the stuff then what makes trading any different from cs? We would still lower stuff

Basic economy 101 tought by communist
    Lets go more in depth. without CS we would choose our own prices to sell at instead of having to go off of cs... we have used CS for years to tell us what the price is of an item, when in reality one person just throws it in there for a random price and people follow it... and you said we keep lowering and lowering... id like to hear more on WHY we would lower prices if not for CS. This goes for you and spull.

My question to BOTH of you... why would prices lower if it wasnt for the constant undercutting of CS?
    Last edited by Kurvy; 11-18-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    Lets go more in depth. without CS we would choose our own prices to sell at instead of having to go off of cs... we have used CS for years to tell us what the price is of an item, when in reality one person just throws it in there for a random price and people follow it... and you said we keep lowering and lowering... id like to hear more on WHY we would lower prices if not for CS. This goes for you and spull.

My question to BOTH of you... why would prices lower if it wasnt for the constant undercutting of CS?
    Didn’t read but my statement still stands

It isn’t cs fault it’s community

Pce

Cs can stay

U can go
    Last edited by iDarkviper; 11-18-2017 at 10:35 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iDarkviper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Prices in economies rise and fall, this games CS is much like that, and it has been for a multitude of years.

The prices will rise again, and then they will drop again. It just happens with the natural cycle of the game, removing the CS is only going to make things worse.

Once the undercutters items sell, everything else sells in that span of 3 days, the prices do eventually go back up, you just need to be patient.
    nothing lasts forever

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Cs is usually more than the value of an item... your probably just trying to charge too much

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

It seems that you didn't put a lot of thought in this thread! Let me state to you the negative effects of not having a CS or Auction because it seems you don't understand it!

By removing auction or cs, scamming would definitely be a huge problem again since a lot of people don't usually plays this game a lot anymore therefore other players could take that opportunity to make up prices and low key scam them. Additionally, it would only benefit those people who are scammers like you! Keep in mind that you had once scammed my forgotten bow lvl 71 (green). Moreover, some people have a more valuable life to live than playing this game, therefore a lot of people don't have that much time to play since some goes to work and some still goes to school, therefore it would definitely be a problem since a lot of scammers would take that opportunity to make up prices and low key scam.

Overall, I strongly disagree with this thread because it is not a good idea to implement.
    Last edited by Superswice; 11-19-2017 at 12:50 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Superswice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

I guess it's time to use this again, oh well, here it goes --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmyv13Avmfs

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shonex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Why don't simply make PL a single player game? sounds like that. It don't even justify one single reason, If cs can't make the price fair then, who, trust on some person to determine the price? sound far more crazier.

There's alrdy enough BS, some blamed 'give' button for scam, and that's gone, fair enough, don't use road cause it may lead to road accident.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Why don't simply make PL a single player game? sounds like that. It don't even justify one single reason, If cs can't make the price fair then, who, trust on some person to determine the price? sound far more crazier.

There's alrdy enough BS, some blamed 'give' button for scam, and that's gone, fair enough, don't use road cause it may lead to road accident.
    1. That would literally destroy the game, and 90% of the people would quit. How boring it would be in single player mode we all know. 2.STS would lose more money and we all know they feed off money. 3. how does making PL a single player game have anything to do with auction house. 4. You're just being absurd.
    Last edited by Coolaid90; 11-19-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coolaid90 View Post
    1. That would literally destroy the game, and 90% of the people would quit. How boring it would be in single player mode we all know. 2.STS would lose more money and we all know they feed off money. 3. how does making PL a single player game have anything to do with auction house. 4. You're just being absurd.
    It was sarcasm... you thought he was serious?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superswice View Post
    It seems that you didn't put a lot of thought in this thread! Let me state to you the negative effects of not having a CS or Auction because it seems you don't understand it!

By removing auction or cs, scamming would definitely be a huge problem again since a lot of people don't usually plays this game a lot anymore therefore other players could take that opportunity to make up prices and low key scam them. Additionally, it would only benefit those people who are scammers like you! Keep in mind that you had once scammed my forgotten bow lvl 71 (green). Moreover, some people have a more valuable life to live than playing this game, therefore a lot of people don't have that much time to play since some goes to work and some still goes to school, therefore it would definitely be a problem since a lot of scammers would take that opportunity to make up prices and low key scam.

Overall, I strongly disagree with this thread because it is not a good idea to implement.
    I dont know if its me youre accusin of scamming, but its not true so stop lying... seems
    petty.
    And i do see the prices rise up and down... but when it goes down it only goes up so much... never to the price it was before...
    Yall are right i didnt consider everything... just trying to figure out ways to save prices...
    Last edited by Kurvy; 11-19-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

The reason founder was that high was a long time ago towards the early days of the "everything is tradeable" update. The reason it dropped significantly is that more come to the market due to people unearthing them from old accounts. As much as I'd like to admit it doesn't exist, account trading still happens and I'd probably guess that people with old accounts who don't play sold them. Concerning founders specifically, since there's a lot less people playing twink nowadays, there aren't many looking to buy founders. It's as simple as supply and demand.

The same can be said about new update items. When the Halloween update started, NORMAL Asylum Shield was like 20m but as more people farmed it, it eventually dropped to it's Great Value price of 400k. Of course the price drop occurs much more quickly, because of all the people farming and the technically unlimited supply there was to be farmed during the update.

Now to address your idea of removing CS altogether, I think that would be a severe arrow to the market's knee because of the part it plays in our "Pocket Economy". If you buy something on CS, it's more expensive but you also get your item right then and there. If you put in the effort to seek out a buyer who's just looking for some quick cash you can find it much cheaper. To be frank, it's a nice balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The prices fluxuate for a reason. Its basics of economics. The more of it, the less demand and the cheaper it goes for. The less of it, the cost goes up and the demand is higher.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weison123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weison123 View Post
    The prices fluxuate for a reason. Its basics of economics. The more of it, the less demand and the cheaper it goes for. The less of it, the cost goes up and the demand is higher.
    Finally! Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Always goes back to basic economics. Learned it 3rd grade. "Supply and demand" simple as that

26. The Following User Says Thank You to slamm3dsoc13ty For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

So instead of items being hard to find they would then become impossible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk