Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to BALANCE pure stat guns WITHOUT nerfing it!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Exclamation How to BALANCE pure stat guns WITHOUT nerfing it!!!

Pure stat guns could be much more popular rather than infamous, if it had correct stat rather than high amount of auto damage & I'm gonna discuss that how it could be possible. It has high amount of auto damage as everybody knows, I didn't need to post the pictures but lets do it first -

Name:  Gun auto.png
Views: 632
Size:  166.0 KB

Compare to -

Name:  Talon auto.png
Views: 632
Size:  172.3 KB

But the real problem lies in here [watch out the blast damage value equipping pure stat gun for reference] -

Name:  Gun blast.png
Views: 622
Size:  213.4 KB

Which is pretty much lower than a 4pc talon set -

Name:  Talon blast.png
Views: 576
Size:  195.8 KB

Which makes all guns auto dependent and much less skill dependent. In general 3pc sets (eg gun set) should have more damage than 4pc sets because 3pc is for more damage and 4pc meant to be tankier, this was always been the case unless some odd and rare cases.

Solution - This is not nerfing, it's balancing. Decrease auto damage from all stat guns (minus 700 would be comfortable) AND increase skill damage, I'd say +400 AT LEAST to make it competitive with 4 pc sets. Rhino stat gun would require abit more auto damage reduction among all the classes as it makes highest amount of auto damage, whatever the reason is, the buff, the gun itself eg rhino makes highest auto damage and that far more than anything else.

If it's competitive with 4pc sets in this way, I bet it would be more popular and more people would use it. Also it would not be infamous and game breaking like the way it is now.
    What more? it can balance out the whole pvp aspect.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-20-2017 at 06:55 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Makes sense to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

This could work

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Cinco read our general discussion posts ffs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Coolaid90 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

If this were to happen what's the point of even buying the gun if your gonna decrease the damage. Additionally, Cinco said last Halloween event that he will buff the damage of the pure stat gun for the players who purchased it before the event started

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I agree with you. I suggested this long before guns became op. The skill damage should have been increased because there's such a major gap between the gun and talon sets (and other sets) and it's balanced backwards. Gun sets shouldn't have less skill dmg than 4pc sets, considering they're 3pc sets meant to do the most dmg possible. In contrast, 4pc sets should provide the most defense.

If gun sets get an auto dmg nerf to the extent that you suggest, I don't think a +400 skill dmg increase is enough. 4pc sets like talon would still be more useful in all aspects in my opinion, simply because they can out-tank their opponent and provide roughly the same amount of dmg in the time that they stay alive in fights. Talon sets would often stay alive longer since they're tankier, allowing players to dish out roughly the same dmg or more before being killed. The skill dmg increase should be slightly higher than 400, or the gun should get a range buff so people can utilize kiting to their advantage more effectively. I generally agree with what you're saying though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superswice View Post
    If this were to happen what's the point of even buying the gun if your gonna decrease the damage. Additionally, Cinco said last Halloween event that he will buff the damage of the pure stat gun for the players who purchased it before the event started
    This is not a nerf if you can calculate the benefit. Reducing 700 dmg from from auto may look pretty high, but when skill getting 400 +dmg and you can hit roughly 2-3 skill hits (makes it like 2/3x400 = 800 -1200 more damage in the mean time 1 auto hit, makes it like 700 less damage but having much damage in one place makes output damage high, so that's basically a balance not nerf. The difference is that, you wont make huge damage in one hit or the gun set will be more skill dependent rather than auto hit dependent.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    This is not a nerf if you can calculate the benefit. Reducing 700 dmg from from auto may look pretty high, but when skill getting 400 +dmg and you can hit roughly 2-3 skill hits (makes it like 2/3x400 = 800 -1200 more damage in the mean time 1 auto hit, makes it like 700 less damage but having much damage in one place makes output damage high, so that's basically a balance not nerf. The difference is that, you wont make huge damage in one hit or the gun set will be more skill dependent rather than auto hit dependent.
    This would be perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think you are all overlooking a big point here, pl is a game where seconds count at least in pvp. Sure nerving the autos would probably destroy the gun unless...!!!!! We do what Waug said. make the skill damage more. a blast from a pure stat is 150ish damage alright a blast from talons are anywhere from 450-600. So do what, make it the 4 pc damage but with more skill damage? Ok lets give all pure stat 600-800 damage on skills. it takes normally like 1-2 seconds for all ur skills to go out. (not even 2 autos if under 2 sec from pure stat) so Im using all my skills all doing around 600-800 damage gun has GOT to be more damage then talon if we nerving, otherwise using guns are completely irreverent. SO I use most of my moves i have what ? ill say 6 just for the sake of example. Now lets do some math. 6x700 ( average damage ) is 4200. so 4200 damage in 1-3 seconds the skill damage with gun is terrible buy one and blast see what it hits for, good suggestion but it will be back to swift set one shots, if we are not already there again
    Last edited by Smhinthiscommunity; 11-21-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

LoL How are you supposed to mantain the game? You guys dont understand that people gotta buy the Stat guns and pets to mantain the game. You cant make it less OP. It doesnt make any sence from a company'$ view.
    You know what makes more sence? How about never release a new weapon again. But instead Armors, Helms and rings, the stat based weapons will adapt to any future change to this game. And thats why they are expensive. And thats why you should buy them. And thats why sts shall not (nerf, balance,etc). The only reasonable change that you can ask for >> Fix fox please. That makes sence. I know its not fair. > The ferrari is better than the cheaper car. Because thats what his owner payed for. But you know what's also not fair? You keep asking for things without wanting to PAY!
    Last edited by Darkterror; 11-21-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I love how you say we ask for things without wanting to pay when people literally suggest items they would gladly spend hundres or even thousands of plat to acquire.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to slamm3dsoc13ty For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

People are more than willing to pay for the guns even if they were not op, just so long as they are a useful alternative to talon sets, both with strengths and weaknesses. You don't need to make something op to get people to buy it. If it's valuable and is useful in pve/pvp, people will buy it, regardless if it's op compared to gear that can be looted.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkterror View Post
    LoL How are you supposed to mantain the game? You guys dont understand that people gotta buy the Stat guns and pets to mantain the game. You cant make it less OP. It doesnt make any sence from a company'$ view.
    You know what makes more sence? How about never release a new weapon again. But instead Armors, Helms and rings, the stat based weapons will adapt to any future change to this game. And thats why they are expensive. And thats why you should buy them. And thats why sts shall not (nerf, balance,etc). The only reasonable change that you can ask for >> Fix fox please. That makes sence. I know its not fair. > The ferrari is better than the cheaper car. Because thats what his owner payed for. But you know what's also not fair? You keep asking for things without wanting to PAY!
    You know what happens if the guns arent BALANCED, everyone quits. You know what happens when everyone quits, no more profit. There is ways to make money in a game without it being PTW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

buff fox/nerf rhino ....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to enzelkidz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

let me explain something to you people. PURE stat is op BUT only in ffa and if you know how to play. You guys prob just have bad positioning in pvp ffas, I know you do kurvy. 1v1 someone with pure stat ( NOT A RHINO) and tell me if there op. all 4 pc sets SHOULD beat pure stat so how tf are they op. autos hit a lot but a blast... a blast from a PURE STAT does 150ish damage non crit ! LOL !!!! a blast from talon is almost 4x MORE DAMAGE !!!!!!!!! 300-500 damage almost everytime !!!!!!! Its not just blast its all skills. Pure stat is not op the rhino class takes advantage of it pure stat is not game breaking. Please learn to play.

Please buff PURESTAT :_)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smhinthiscommunity View Post
    let me explain something to you people. PURE stat is op BUT only in ffa and if you know how to play. You guys prob just have bad positioning in pvp ffas, I know you do kurvy. 1v1 someone with pure stat ( NOT A RHINO) and tell me if there op. all 4 pc sets SHOULD beat pure stat so how tf are they op. autos hit a lot but a blast... a blast from a PURE STAT does 150ish damage non crit ! LOL !!!! a blast from talon is almost 4x MORE DAMAGE !!!!!!!!! 300-500 damage almost everytime !!!!!!! Its not just blast its all skills. Pure stat is not op the rhino class takes advantage of it pure stat is not game breaking. Please learn to play.

I love how the only people objecting are 2h users... idk who this is or why you called me out (probably to cause drama). Ill rise above. but the fact that 1 auto nukes my mana and 2 autos easily kill me means that 2h is OP... i think this thread is about reducing auto dmg and increasing the skill damage, which i agree with 100%. I hate being autoed to death...not fun... the fact that youre saying its not OP is 100% biased opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    I love how the only people objecting are 2h users... idk who this is or why you called me out (probably to cause drama). Ill rise above. but the fact that 1 auto nukes my mana and 2 autos easily kill me means that 2h is OP... i think this thread is about reducing auto dmg and increasing the skill damage, which i agree with 100%. I hate being autoed to death...not fun... the fact that youre saying its not OP is 100% biased opinion.
    Please look closer at my last statements

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Please look closer at my last statements
    No they are biased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

let me explain something to you people. PURE stat is op BUT only in ffa and if you know how to play. You guys prob just have bad positioning in pvp ffas, I know you do kurvy. 1v1 someone with pure stat ( NOT A RHINO) and tell me if there op. all 4 pc sets SHOULD beat pure stat so how tf are they op. autos hit a lot but a blast... a blast from a PURE STAT does 150ish damage non crit ! LOL !!!! a blast from talon is almost 4x MORE DAMAGE !!!!!!!!! 300-500 damage almost everytime !!!!!!! Its not just blast its all skills. Pure stat is not op the rhino class takes advantage of it pure stat is not game breaking. Please learn to play

This one in particular